No barbarian spawn in scenario

Sinusgamma

Chieftain
When I load a custom scenario from the mods there is no barbarian/barbarian camp spawn on the map.

Doesn't matter if the options are normal, or I check ranging barbarians for the scenario.

Any tip/solution? I am using the new SDK beta, but before this beta I had the same issue.

Thanks

I've been working on this issue over the past 24 hours, and think that I have found a breakthrough.

I generated a Huge map with 18 players and 18 city-states, all with designated starting points. I checked "Raging Barbarians" on the scenario editor.. and this is the key part: on the city-state tab where the city-states included in the game are listed, I put all of the city-states under *ONE* team. Since there were 18 civs, all of the city-states were placed on Team 19.

It worked. After Turn 1, there were barbarian camps all over the map.

Try it out and see if it works. This might be getting closer to the heart of the issue, although I do worry that all of the city-states on one team will vote as one when we get to the World Congress.. hmm..

Yes, I can see barbarians in the scenario again, but the city-state relations go wrong. I can see the desires of city-states before finding them onn the map. I didn't test it too long, but it ruins the game. But interesting, that this leads to spawning barbarians :)
Thank you, maybe this can help to solve this no-barbarian problem.

Same situation here. I've managed to get the barbarians back, but having all city-states in one team makes me unable to contact more than one city-state and completely ruins diplomacy. Let's hope we find a better solution than this.

HylianTom at the 2k forums has found a way to bypass the "no barbarians" issue.

Okay.. after another half-day of experimentation with World Builder and different game setup configurations, I think I have discovered something else about our barbarian situation that has me pretty hopeful about a solution.

The pivotal moment came when I decided to make a huge map with designated starting points for each player. Raging barbarians was selected as an option. As usual, I used 18 city-states and 18 civilizations.. but this time, I decided to place the city-states on Teams 1 through 18, with the civilizations being placed on Teams 19 through 36. When I began the game, barbarians wouldn't spawn, as usual, but I noticed on the score list on the right side of the screen that there was a unique entry for Team #22.

So I went back into World Builder, added a Team #37 (the same civilization as Team #22) - and then erased Team #22. There was no longer a Team #22 in the game. (While there, I also gave myself just enough culture so that I could immediately adopt the barbarian-revealing Honor policy on Turn 1, and then gave myself a starting unit with ultra-vision and hovering status so that he could climb up a mountain to reveal a huge chunk of the map before returning to level ground).

When I began the next attempt, I could see that there was no longer an odd designation/indentation for Team #22 on the score list. On Turn #1, I have my uber-vision unit climb up and down a mountain to reveal a huge chunk of the map. On Turn #2, the honor policy showed that a handful of barbarians generated around the revealed areas of the map. On Turns #3 and thereon, more barbarians generated. Success!?

I have since replicated this success with several maps, with and without various mods enabled. We might be remarkably close to this being a decent workaround for the issue. It would allow placement of each player on the map, separate teams for everyone so that normal diplomatic gameplay is restored, full barbarian generation, etc.. but I'd like to see some folks from the forums try to duplicate the results on their own.

Here's hoping that this helps.. cheers.

I've used the same trick with 19 civs and 19 CS, deleting team 22 from the worldbuilder. And it works!

It works :)

Thank you garlic pudding (and Hylian Tom).

Now I can upload my new mod. I didn't want to share it with no barbarians.

It was an interesting solution :lol:

I'm having the same problem, however I have removed team 22 from the worldbuilder and the barbarians are not spawning. This just started happening after BNW. Does anyone know if they're going to fix this?

Top Bottom