Wonder Idea: Banaue Rice Terraces

ldvhl

ніщо
I thought there were some good potential wonders on the UNESCO World Heritage list, and one of the ones that caught my eye was the Banaue Rice Terraces. My idea was that it would unlock at Mining, cost 175, and have to be built in a city with a mountain within two squares. It would give the city that constructs it +2 food per mountain worked, and +3 Tourism and +2 Gold after the discovery of Flight.

Would the Mountains have any base yeild, or would it just be +2 food for awhile?

If so, it seems a bit weak.

There is actually a mod that adds a version of it, but it is overpowered in my opinion.

Mountains have no base yield that I'm aware of, but adding the food gives a purpose to working the mountain tiles. It doesn't do a whole lot, but it is an early wonder, and for cities that are locked in by mountains, it can add population that would help with producing science.

So far as the tourism/gold after Flight, we don't know what those numbers would be like yet. They could definitely be modified to boost the wonder's value in the late game.

I'm not a fan of mods at all, I was just throwing it out there as a mental exercise (or the rare chance that someone from Firaxis would see it).

I think you could get away with making mountains slightly better than the average farm: perhaps 3 :c5food: and 1 :c5production: or something.

The flight bonuses seem hard to fit in without making the mountains too weak to bother with before them.

I'd reccomend checking out some mods, there are some good fix mods, balance mods, and quite a few balanced and enjoyable Wonder mods.

I think you could get away with making mountains slightly better than the average farm: perhaps 3 :c5food: and 1 :c5production: or something.

The flight bonuses seem hard to fit in without making the mountains too weak to bother with before them.

I'd reccomend checking out some mods, there are some good fix mods, balance mods, and quite a few balanced and enjoyable Wonder mods.

Good tips then. I'll look into it, thanks!

Top Bottom