Fallout: Tame The Wastes

Have you had much oppurtunity to test the melee/range combat system? i am really curious to see how this plays out on the large scale :)

Not yet, I'm more of a builder than a warlord.

I did notice that the 'Stupid mutant' unit is direct-buildable by everyone. I assume this is a bug as other mutant units are mutants only and have to be built from slaves, it's also much better than any other unit available for a long time.

oh? yes that is a bug, I thought I fixed that with the latest build, I must have missed him DOH!

I still need to add in something that makes all mutants unbuildable, probably just a building prereq that can't be built.

Edit: Hmm it looks like he is set to not be available... confused..did you download the new version?

You could set all the mutants build cost to -1 and make them a UU for the Masters Army having them replace their human counter parts.

Just make them require the FEV factory building then. It makes sense and it should be a building that is late game.

Downloading. Also if the civ doesn't have the building doesn't that mean they cant upgrade the unit?

I click on the "K-mod" (I renamed it from K fallout) on the BTS load a mod menu and it exits the game and does nothing. How do I deal with this? Please don't use fancy lingo either because I haven't got a clue when it comes to this type of thing. It's been doing it to games like Master of Mana that I can no longer play, Star Wars (it works so I know I am doing it right, but there's no sidebar or anything in a game) and Fall from Heaven 2. I literally click on it and it either doesn't come up at all and just exits, or it just takes me back to the main civ menu.

erm.. kmod and k fallout are 2 different mods, to install a mod you put the mod folder, in the case of this mod K-Fallout in the mod folder in your bts install folder.

With my mod there are now three parts, MAIN, ART and SOUND you have to put the MAIN part in first, then add the ART unzipped and the SOUND unzipped folders into the assets folder of the K-Fallout folder.

Where are you putting your mods folders? Many mods will not work if you put them in My Documents, they have to go in the BtS install folder.

But if you are having trouble with multiple mods, then this isn't really the place to find the answer..

I put it in Computer > Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > 2k games > fireaxis games > Sid Meier's civilization complete > Beyond the Sword > Mods.

it can be done but will have potential problems

make shortcut of your Civ4BeyondSword.exe
open it properties
and add after .exe mod=C:\Program Files\2k Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\mods\k-fallout
or other full path to mod files

if we talking about installer - nsis have needed optiuons like check registry for installation path of BTS and making shortcut out of it )

Wow, the balance in the latest version is greatly improved. The AI players actually develop! I haven't played too far into the game yet, but the only problem I've seen is that the Wasteland Tribes AI seems to be broken. They just sit with at city size one and build nothing. I have played as them, and have done quite well, so somethings wrong with the AI. Other than that, this version is great.

hmmm, that is strange, it is true the tribe are a bit flawed at the minute, they need specific stuff to boost them, but most people have seen them grow quite well in their games, and although not powerful they tend to be prolific... So I don't know why that would happen...

yeah the big development fix for the AI was getting them to value the worker technology, that got them moving much faster!

I've tried other games now, and it's just on one map that they get stuck (Map 2 I think).

Also, I've thrown together a more realistic post apocalyptic map, with ruins in clusters with fallout instead of placed everywhere. I just want to balance the civ placements a little more before posting it.

Top Bottom