"Shadow" schedule

Wow.

Sneak attack and Kael's power looks intensely Awesome.

Is the AI going to be able to use those correctly?

I am mopping up the drool as we speak.

The Impersonate Leader power, definitly not (switching between it and another computer player wouldnt accomplish much unless I wrote an entirely new AI process just for bad playing). But the hero is a powerful unit in its own right, so the AI won't have problems using him, it just wont sacrifice him to take control of a civ.

The sneak attack ability it will be fine with, it already declares war with players when its in their cultural borders and suffers being jumped out. It will just have the advantage of not being bumped.

Gibbon Malus? what, did you decide that the Council's hero wasn't worthy of your name? May we assume you decided to leave Kael as the Dark Elf hero and to replace the Kael with an "Evil Monkey" (well, technically an ape, but that that wouldn't be a Family Guy reference), or will he return in some different form.

edit: oh, and why does using Gibbon's ability mean that when you return to controlling your own civ you will lose Kael? (I think you forgot to change the last reference to the unit's name)

Gibbon Malus? what, did you decide that the Council's hero wasn't worthy of your name? May we assume you decided to leave Kael as the Dark Elf hero and to replace the Kael with an "Evil Monkey" (well, technically an ape, but that that wouldn't be a Family Guy reference), or will he return in some different form.

edit: oh, and why does using Gibbon's ability mean that when you return to controlling your own civ you will lose Kael? (I think you forgot to change the last reference to the unit's name)

Nothing to do with not being worthy of the name (whatever that means), I just thought it could get confusing in playtesting and stuff to talk about multiple Kael's so I switched his name to something less confusing.

Or Coalbane

for the impersonate ability, does an AI take over for you while you're taking over them?

ive left multiplayer games before and coming back after a few turns is horrible because the ai controls your civ for that time. the ai sends units out to die, builds things i don't want, switches around the economy, promotes units in ways i don't want, changes civics, and breaks treaties and declares war.

seems like it'd hurt yourself just as much as the ai you choose.

for the impersonate ability, does an AI take over for you while you're taking over them?

ive left multiplayer games before and coming back after a few turns is horrible because the ai controls your civ for that time. the ai sends units out to die, builds things i don't want, switches around the economy, promotes units in ways i don't want, changes civics, and breaks treaties and declares war.

seems like it'd hurt yourself just as much as the ai you choose.

Awwwwww...

Hope we can play 2 civs at the same time to avoid this...

after reading the civilopedia entry for Infernal Grimoire, it seems like something you'd have to kill a demon to get, seeing as it was taken back from the guy who wrote it by hells army.

Perhaps. Well, the wonder already summons a barbarian Balor. That demon would lead hell's army to take the Grimorie back, and then whoever kills that demon would get it.

(Personally I think the Grimorie should be a bigger risk. I changed the code so that instead of sending 1 Balor, it sends from 1 to 13 randomly determined. Also, shouldn't the barbs be getting everyone else's mana? I weakened Balors but gave them fire end entropy affinity, and they aren't getting the bonus. Since I also made the Grimorie grant Entropy mana, this should have made the demons stronger.)

They haven't responded yet, but I have been speculating as to precisely how they ran it. I can see two methods for what happens when you adopt CoE.

1) If they are not also CoE, they now see a blank for your religious Icon: This means that as soon as you switch, it is painfully obvious, unless you had no previous religion.

2) If they are not CoE, they do not get an update on your religious Icon: I really hope that this is how it was done. You will have to spend some time in a different religion first, but if you do, that is the icon they will see until you leave CoE, or they join.

2) If they are not CoE, they do not get an update on your religious Icon: I really hope that this is how it was done. You will have to spend some time in a different religion first, but if you do, that is the icon they will see until you leave CoE, or they join.

Yeah that would probably be one of the simplest ways to make it work against humans. If its possible.

I hope it is possible (alignment shouldn't be updated either in your rivals eyes, or your cover is blown just as easily)

It would also be really nice though if through the Undercounsil you could pay to feign a religion conversion to another faith. If you had followed the Veil before and everyone else followed the Order, then you would prefer to be though of as having no state religion.

I got that quote from the very first page of this thread. And to be honest, I though Saturday was December 2nd until I read your post.

Top Bottom