"Shadow" schedule

Civil Wars ? :p

yea i always thought that would be an interesting addition to ffh (especially when it come to the scenario for the light/dark elf split)

would be some interesting gameplay if at a point there could be a state within yours that pops up in opposition to you.

The name Esus is taken from celtic mythology (as are most of the god names in FfH) and wasn't selected for its similarity to Jesus. In fact I didn't even notice the connection until someone in the "signs you play to much FfH" thread joked about it.

There is plenty of examples of blasphemy in FfH, this isn't one of them. ;)
Actually I don't care about blasphemy, I'm an atheist. Thanks for enlightenment.

no, he is speaking phonetically...

and strangely, I never ever made any such connection before...

Because phonetically Jesus (ˈdʒi:zəs) and Esus ('ezus) aren't so similar. The similarity is not in pronounciation but how it's written.

Thanks onedreamer, I've been wondering what language all the complainers were thinking in... :)

exactly, because it is a latin word. Although it really depends on the nationality of the reader, as JDexter pointed out. If you know how Jesus is pronounced in spanish for example, it will be very similar even in pronounciation (with an accent change and a stronger beginning).

Civkid1991 said:
yea i always thought that would be an interesting addition to ffh (especially when it come to the scenario for the light/dark elf split)

would be some interesting gameplay if at a point there could be a state within yours that pops up in opposition to you.

You'd probably enjoy jdog's Revolution mod, then.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171127

I don't think there's a BtS version, only Warlords and Vanilla, and obviously it's not for FfH, but it's a lot of fun.

I've been busy lately and just read the updates for Shadow. :crazyeye: I'm excited about the Overcouncil/Undercouncil bits :goodjob: I was going to whine like a baby when I didn't get a response to my question about that mechanic awhile back, but I guess no one wanted to spoil the surprise.

Could there be some way to use jdogs mod in FFH, that would be cool. You would probably needto make it so that if a partof your empire revolts it gets theother leader from your civ. ie. Playing Flauros, the revolution would be lead by Alexis, to stop spontaneous race-changing. ie. playing cln of embers, the revolution civ are dwarves, although I suppose there's always an RP explaination for something like that happening.

Maybe I don't have a good gripe on the Empyrean, CoE, OverC and UnderC but won't the Grigori and Illians be at a disadvantage being Agnostic?

Well, not really. Although agnostic leaders cannot convert religions or change alliances, they can still join the councils. Cassiel is Neutral, so he can choose to join either the Overcouncil or the Undercouncil (we don't know how Undercouncil votes are counted, but on the Overcouncil all civs are equal,,so the lack of the religion in their cities won't matter either). Auric is evil, so he could only choose the Undercouncil (However, while the Auric AI will never adopt a religion, he has not been Agnostic in any of the recent versions. A human player could still adopt a religion, change alignment, and join either council)

It does seem like making Honor and (presumably) Deception be religious techs (thus not able to be researched by Agnostic civ) could be bad for the Grigori. Currently you need honor in order to agree to a defensive pact.

Agnostic civs won't be able to found either religion whose holy city is needed in order to form a council, so they will be at a disadvantage in founding the councils (although if they capture a holy city and have the right great person then it is still possible), but not a huge one.

So the councils are civics indepedent of the religions. That's not so bad. But the other things might be of concern. When Shadow comes out, I'll work through it and get a better understanding.

9 days left! The first post is updated with information on guilds.

Awesome! cant wait. One of the best christmas present :)

BTW nice touch the number by your avatar, the avatar of gift lol

hey this a question for the dev team, are there going to be any more new units other than the religous/design contest units?
also how do forts upgrade do they have to be worked or can u just put out some forts in your empire and let them upgrade on thier own?

I knew guilds weren't going to be remotely similar to BtS, and at the least not offer silly resources :)

Overall Question: Any limit on how many strengths you can have in event types? And what if your Civ has a weakness, but you get a guild with a strength? How do they balance?

To nitpick: Typo here...
Cult of the Dragon
...to stop the spread, and every malicious act gives the player ...

Guild of the Nine: So how can you get the first Mercenary? Random event reward?

Forts: Love the idea of them as stated :) Is there a problem with clumping them that makes it so players should also avoid doing so? Or did the AI just enjoy the bonuses so much it went overboard? Is it raw turns to upgrade, or does something specific have to happen for a turn to count (unit stationed there, inside cultural borders...)? Any change of a "Zone of Control" mechanism to repel Barbarians?

Pirate Coves: Haven't played with them much, but I thought they had to be built OUTSIDE your borders? If that is the case, why bother with a production bonus? I am assuming I am wrong on where you can build them :)

gives +10% defense to anyone in the tile and +5% defense

Does this stack togheder for your units? I mean, does it give your units +15% and your team mates 5% or the 10% is what you get?
I also understand that is stacks with the land bonus. A castle on a hill will have additional 25%, on a desert -25%. Correct?

Finaly, something was done to them. About the guilds, I will have to sleep over that bit of information. At a first glance it looks interesting. :)

Top Bottom