"Shadow" schedule

This one-event-a-day thing is really racking up my excitement.

Can't....wait....much....longer....six....more...d ays.

i am happy about it, so i can finish some more art before that :p

here a very unfinished one ;)

seZ or I need to make a banner for the Shadow phase. I will see what I can do.

I updated the first post with the "Day of Outrage" information.

I updated the first post with the "Day of Outrage" information.

I tried to be outraged, I really did, but it seems nothing I actually used or enjoyed was removed. It would be easy enough for anyone who really wants a veritable pile of different units to choose from to make or use a modmod for that purpose.

Removed the Patriarch mechanic (removed the patriarch promotion, become patriarch spell and call holy war spell) as those design aspects are better represented through the councils.
so does this mean other religions will have a council or will different religions connect with the 2 existing councils according to alignment?

nothing in the list that i will realy miss.

But my favorite part of the game is the early expansion phase

I am Outraged. ;)

Seriously though, I am a little disappointed.
Spoiler :

1. Well that was a pridictable change. Although I liked the wonder, I think I'll prefer the religion.

2. We already knew this, but I still think cults as religions makes more sense. Not rreally a fan of its old or new implementation.

3. I much prefer the name Guild of Endeavors over Guild of Hammer, but I prefer the guild of Hammer's implementation. Just change the name, not the mechanics.

4. I may miss this one, but its not that bad. What FfH really needs is a building that adds free hammers to al of its state religion's buildings (like the AP). Combining these two effects would make a nice new wonder.

5-8. Well, we already knew these, so I had time to cope. I'll miss having more categories, this being able to run more civic combinations, but the choices in each category make more sense now.

6. I don't think I like the name "Champion." It seems too much like a hero (or at least a national unit), and it doesn't really describe a specific type of soldier. Still, simplifying the melee line was probably a good move.

10. Good. This tech never really seemed to fit to me. Also, why did it ever make Mithril visible. All references to Mithril I've ever heard had it being wrought and smithed, not casted.

11. Well, it does make more sense for feudalism to be the tech that allows aristocracy rather than require monarchy. Probably a good change.

12. I wish Alchemy was still around (and had an Alchemists Guild associated with it ;) )

13. Probably a good thing.

14. I never really liked them, but the Luchuirp do need golems to specialize in city capturing.

15. Good. I know I hated needed a late game building to as a prerequisite for the Blasting Workshop.

16. Makes since. I would probably prefer using the name Thieves Guild over Ratcatcher's Guild though.

17-19. I'll miss the racial-slaying promotions, but I understand your reasoning. Actually, I think it would be much better if you kept the promotions but make them require Never(so no one could spend/waste xp on them, or get an advantage over an AI that doesn't understand how to use them). They would only be available through random events requiring a victory against a unit of that race. Usually this would be only for the unit that wins the battle, but it might be nice if a rare variation gave the promotion to all current and new units on a certain unitclass (possibly with some monetary cost, and a diplomatic penalty towards civs of that race).

20. If it was only going to be implemented like in previous versions then good. Of course, I was hoping it would allow new wonders/units instead.

21. Honestly, I never liked the Patriarch mechanic. I would have loved for it to be an upgrade of the high priests, with access to a fourth level of divine spells and maybe also the ability to convene a "holy council," i.e., call for a session of the "AP" (but not control its decision)

22. I think you should have removed Obelisks instead, and given everyone monuments.

23. I'll kinda miss the shield wall. I think it should have been made to give a defensive bonus to all units on its tile, while not in a city. I generally think that promotions shouldn't be so limited to certain unitcombats, so you could have some melee units specialize on defense and some archers on offense.

24. I'll miss the Arcane golem whenever I play an Evil Luchuirp game, although I haven't actually done that in a while (generally I get board with their inability to specialize golems, so I don't play them much). (I only built them in cities with blasting workshops, so I would have extra spells availible)

25. Lames was kinds annoying. It was much too expensive for what it was worth (which to several civs, was nothing). Still, I would have preferred cheapening and strengthening it to removing it

26. I guess this building never really did make much sense after it ceased to be a requirement for mithril weapons.

27. I'll miss the ability to specialize golems.

28. I'll miss the Flurry. As I said about the shield wall, I don't think the unitclasses should be so specialized. I prefer specializing units myself through promotions.

29. I'll miss the efects of Celerity. It did bother me though that this tech was useless to several civs.

30. I'll really miss the Velox workshop. (My biggest problem with the Luchuip is the lack of mobility. I think they need more special golem boosting buildings not fewer. Also, these buildings should allow golems to be "retrofit," allowing a spell that would give them specialized promotions like light, heavy, city raiders, cover, etc, and remove those that seem incompatible with their new promotions (no more golems that are both light and heavy). )

31. I'll always consider Longbowmen superior to Crossbowmen. It would be much more realistic to make them be units of similar abilities, but make crossbowmen cheaper than longbowmen (with slightly higher techs). (I'm still not a fan of metal weapons upgrades for archers either, although Id accept them for crosbowmen) (Of course, I guess you could just say that the really skilled longbowmen are the Marksmen. I'd settle for this, if the markman ability let you actually choose which unit you want to attack (but possibly hitting another unit instead, like if there is a guardsman promoted unit in the same stack) instead of automatically targeting the weakest unit. This ability is often the waste of a strong unit.)

im outraged about the patriarchs they offered a nice diplo bonus and it was cool to know you could allways start a world war.

do vassals adopt the same council membership policy as the master or do they get to pick about membership and stuff?

do vassals adopt the same council membership policy as the master or are they get to pick about membership and stuff?

Not currently, but I think thats a great idea.

I do not mind removing pikenmen and shieldwall but the patriarh?! The councils are the least welcomed change for me, I hate politicks in game as in RL. Yes, I am outraged!

I always liked fluries too so I think it will be a good time to play the elfs...eventually :)

My impression is that the Overcouncil (or at least the Empyrean Religion) is generally against the concept of vassalage: ("Social equality and impartiality are the model between a government and its citizens as well as between empires. As such the Empyrean gives equal voice to small empires as it does those that dominate Erebus.")

I think it would be nice for vassals to be their master's equals on the Overcouncil, but have their masters control their votes on the Undercouncil.

An Overcouncil resolution requiring a member civ to peacefully terminate its vassalage agreement with another civ (maybe just for involuntary vassals? or perhaps a resolution that only the vassal can propose?) would be a good idea. Having a resolution require a member to liberate a city would be nice too.

Getting a small diplo boost with Empyrean civs whenever you liberate cities/colonies might be nice too. They value freedom, so they should like it when you free cities, even if not unto their control.

19. Removed the Orc Slaying promotion (this is to useful in raging barb games).
Nice! Viva la barbarian resistance!

I really like the idea of retaining the Orc, Elf and Dwarf slaying promotions as something only doled out as an event to units that defeat other units of that type.

Great move Kael, even though I liked Flurries for example I won't miss them - and your reasoning is just right from a unit-development-POV.
So looking forward to the much slicker tech tree (I hated Alchemy and Lames etc).

My outrage statistics. Disagreements are underlined.

1. Removed the Council of Esus wonder (its now a religion).
First must see what we have now.

2. Removed the Cult of the Dragon religion (its now a cult).
OK. It was not really a religion. I never used nor met its effects.

3. Removed the Guild of Endeavors wonder (replaced with the Guild of Hammers).
OK. Not very bright wonder.

4. Removed the Twisted Spire wonder
We'll see.

5. Removed the Education civic option
We'll see.

6. Removed the Religious Discipline civic (merged with theocracy).
Reasonable and interesting. We'll see.

7. Removed the Military Discipline civic (merged with military state).
OK

8. Removed the No School System civic (boring).
OK. :)

9. Removed the Pikeman unit
10. Removed the Metal Casting tech.

OK.

11. Removed the Monarchy tech (combined with Feudalism).
OK

12. Removed the Alchemy tech.
And where are resource, building and hero now? It was not an empty chain or dead branch.
We'll see.

13. Removed the Golem Mastery tech.
14. Removed the Copper Golem unit
15. Removed the Golem Workshop building.

OK. There were too many dead branches on the tech tree.

16. Removed the Thieves Guild building (redundant with all the new crime mechanics).
We'll see.

17. Removed the Dwarf Slaying promotion (to specific to be useful).
18. Removed the Elf Slaying promotion (to specific to be useful).
19. Removed the Orc Slaying promotion (this is to useful in raging barb games).

OK. Really good.

20. Removed the Unquestioning Obedience tech (boring).
OK. And what instead?

21. Removed the Patriarch mechanic (removed the patriarch promotion, become patriarch spell and call holy war spell) as those design aspects are better represented through the councils.
Not sure. It was nice. Maybe that mechanisms should be parallel. It can provide unexpected combinations.

22. Removed the Monument building (consolidated with the Obelisk).
If monument functions are removed it is very bad. If it is just change of name... I did like that name. :)

23. Removed the Shield Wall unitclass
OK. Agreed. But I like that graphics. :)

24. Removed the Arcane Golem unit.
OK

25. Removed the Lames tech.
26. Removed the Armorer building.
27. Removed the Armament Molds building.
28. Removed the Flurry unitclass (it didnt make sense that the defense branch got a strong attacker in the final stage, the elves keep a flurry uu so they retain the strong archer attack, everyone else loses it).
29. Removed the Celerity tech

OK. Removing dead branches.

30. Removed the Velox Workshop building.
Do not remember what is that. :)

31. Removed the Heavy Crossbowman unitclass (crossbowman are now a t4 unit, basically crossbowmen are what heavy crossbowmen used to be, longbowmen upgrade to crossbowmen, arquebus and marksmen).
Not sure. In real world there was a period when bowmen and crossbowmen coexisted and they were strongly different in tactics.
But in FFH after granting archery units metal weapon promo crossbowmen were really odd.

Top Bottom