"Shadow" schedule

Good you finally got Sidar design thread there. I was about to be worried and almost published my conspiracy theory

would it be too much to ask for a option that allows you to skip that movie that comes after the loading when you start a new game? (it causes my computer to freeze sometimes)

So... The changes seem to streamline a lot of the unnecessary complexity of the late game concerning units, though I'll have to play a few without shield walls, flurries, etc. to be sure I like it this way. As far as the crossbows go, I agree with the several posters who have suggested that dwarves get crossbows instead of longbows. Perhaps simply call the units "heavy archers" to avoid confusion over their nature. Then when T4 archery units roll around, they're heavy crossbowmen/advanced longbowmen called "expert archers" or "volleys" or somesuch. (Heck, even something like "Flurry" might work... *wink, nudge*) That'll keep the flavor of having different unit graphics represent similar/identical combat values for the various civilizations.

I'm interested to see what happens to the tech tree, particularly in the area of alchemy and blasting powder. With the Grigori and Khazad, that tech line has always been of great importance in my strategy for both units and the marvelous +4 science Laboratory building.

I'm anxious to begin playing shadow on Sunday. Thanks to all on the team once more for the excellent work and long hours put into making this the best mod ever. Thank you for also being so attentive to your fans' suggestions, no matter how zany or broken they may be. Unicef should rightfully rule the world by 2010 thanks to Fall from Heaven.

The Sidar are freakin' AWESOME. I am also a turtle/builder WW-whore player, and these guys are great. I am seriously stoked.

Also, I just wanted to say that I think that everything cut really could go (or you've made better (ex. council, guild of hammers)). Looking forward to the release, but everything seems awesome so far.

A Huge Thanks (again) to Kael and the team for adding huge replay value to my Civ4 purchase. Finding this website has (considerably) more than doubled the "value" of that purchase to me.

Wow, sidar sounds like it will be realy fun, i don't know if I can wait until Sunday to play.

1 day to go!!! I moved the entire changelog thread public so you can check out all the documented changes as well as read the teams discussion on shadows design.

Tomorrow Tomorrow Tomorrow!

I've recently been reading Ramayan 3392. Non-related, but I hope some of that art work may eventually plug in. Maybe! Maybe.

Tomorrow Tomorrow Tomorrow!

It all looks really exciting, real reinvention of so many game elements... look forward to seeing how it all plays. Many thanks to the building team.

Guys any tip at what GMT, EST or PST Shadow will be ready for download?

Well if Kael continues to follow his update pattern so far it might be 5amGMT, which i think would be midnight in EST??

Although it could be earlier or later............

no point. He enjoys torturing us lol.

The sidar look great although im notto sure aboutr the grapics for their units, they look to undead zombie-ish to me...

I have been lurking on this board for a very very long time and finally had to register. I have been driving my wife nuts for days talking about this mod update.

Top Bottom