The City States of Greece

OOC: Lol Jehoshua, messing people up. You should've been last to be born :/

ooc: its not my fault Tambien in an act of political incompetence decided to not follow through on his side of the bargain, thus making my agreement to not go against him for the throne of Athens null and void.

Oh and I was the last to be born, considering only Tam and myself have been born thus far :p

OOC: oh man, that's some heavy truth right there. TBH I'd support you if I didn't know your political past and was a citizen lol. tambien kinda screwed himself.

ooc: its not my fault Tambien in an act of political incompetence decided to not follow through on his side of the bargain, thus making my agreement to not go against him for the throne of Athens null and void.

Oh and I was the last to be born, considering only Tam and myself have been born thus far :p
OOC: Jehoshua, mind telling me what (nono word)ing agreement I broke? Then I will think about it.

OOC : just that one where I promised not to kill you and to look after your interests in return for you looking after my interests and not getting in my way. We discussed this in a little PM talk back in the beginning. As to the particulars, Im afraid kicking me needlessly out of the regency just as soon as the reports show Im as popular as you was a bad move. As was attempting to get me to go on a long journey to Egypt, presumably so I would be out of the waym on which I would probably die travelling due to the length, in addition to having it without any protection from barbarians making death even more likely, sort of shows that you were actively working against my interests and getting in my way, thus necessitating the backup response I had sitting in the wings just for the scenario where you violated your side of the bargain. Not to mention your general lack of ability to discuss or engage in dialogue with me as well, that is another factor, its rather hard to consider you a political partner when you don't bother talking with me to the point that I only barely managed to get you to talk about that thing about settling near Japan, and convince you that such a thing was a bad move.

Either way your opinion on the matter is quite irrelevant, so I don't really mind if you don't think on it since I will still be attempting to topple your totem poll regardless, no going back now :p.

ooc: I was already in the process of editting the above post with the particulars.

OOC: Tambien, the problem is that you GAVE HIM TO MUCH POWER. Jesus, Jehoshua couldn't care less about you breaking the deal (No matter what he says) he just wants to consolidate power...

ooc: well it is true that I want to consolidate power, but I wouldn't be usurping him to do it if he followed through on his side of the bargain. I am always loyal to my allies, so long as they are loyal to me. Filli Noctus can attest to that considering that when I had the opportunity to become sole dictator of Persia after smashing the coup attempt, I returned him to the throne voluntarily.

If he kept his side, then I would of been fine with keeping many subsidiary positions that serve to keep a duopoly over latecomers before eventually moving elsewhere to kick off some person I hadn't made an agreement with off their city pedestal. That or I would of been fine waiting until given a city should the amendment come out favourably to city appointed settler leaders. But alas he broke his side and so I am forced to revert to my back up plan.

ooc: Tambien, Jehoshua, may I recommend you calm down. As anyone with some experience GMing any kind of game can tell you when IC arguments and rivalries spill into OOC you need to put a stop to it before it develops into real animosity and kills the game. If this happened at a game around my kitchen table I'd call a halt to the session immediately to give people some time to cool down, maybe open some beers and ban any IC discussion during the downtime.

As this isn't a possibility due to the nature of forum gaming I will instead dispense some sage advice:
Tambien - Whilst I can't comment on any agreements between you and Jehoshua it seems he honestly feels you reneged on it, misinterpretations happen try not to dwell on it and don't get PO'd with Jehoshua, your efforts will be better spent plotting bloody revenge against the Megakyrioi.

Jehoshua - The little postscripts you often end your posts with can occasionally come across as slightly antagonistic, I know they're not intended that way from an ooc standpoint but before you press the reply button try to take a couple of seconds to read that last line so you are as sure as you can be that no-one is likely to get wound up about it.

dot - If this continues you might like to consider a timeout, perhaps until the settler issue gets sorted as it's something Jehoshua and Tambien agree on so they can collaborate on it to defuse some dension.

ooc: Im fine with Tambien and have no animosity.

OOC: I have a great deal of respect and esteem for both Tambien and Jehoshua, but I sure wish one more player would unambiguously vote against the settler motion...:deadhorse:

OOC: don't you mean vote FOR the settler motion :p

Aaronius, would you build some settler if you knew that you'd have no more benefit from it than more people to compete with, without getting some kind of control over it? Please answear honestly, because I strongly doubt that I would for quite a while

ooc: With christos' vote in favour of the settler motion the ayes have reached the 75% threshold. Dot, can you confirm this.

OOC: Well, christos just voted for the motion in the SG...

does that pass it, or do we still need one more vote in favor?

edit: And filli just ninja'd me...

ooc:

I voted because i wanted to create a city. Anyway Jehoshua, once i create the city, if you come, you will take the position of prime minister.

Top Bottom