Are you interested in another game?

Are you interested in another game?

• Total voters
Problem is, that doesn't really fix anything either. Firstly, there has to be someone logging in to do all this stuff in the first place (an admin I guess - can they be bothered?). Secondly, it still leaves the game absurdly unbalanced. Do you know how easy it is to capture cities when no-one is counterattacking against your stack? Whoever has an army nearest to the "neutral" civ essentially gets a whole lot of free cities and land (not to mention free XP and possibly Great Generals).

I would assume he meant that no one would be allowed to attack them either. Whereas having an AI means the land will be conquered by the nearest neighbour asap.

BTW what did Memphis get accused for? And I agree that we need to make it more engaging this time, so as not to have a quitting point in the middle.

I will sign up for this as well. The two civs per team sounds good. It would speed up research.

A team might also rotate roles on a monthly or two monthly basis.

BTW what did Memphis get accused for?
As I understand it, there were a series of combat victories under his watch that were fairly improbable - but certainly not impossible. And whenever there are a disproportionate number of good RNG rolls on one side, the other side will always feel a bit hard done by. But because we had all (foolishly, in retrospect) chosen to have "Preserve Random Seed" turned on, that left a window open for accusations of tampering with the combat results. Memphus very probably never did anything like this, but because we had left the possibility there for manipulation in our choice of the game settings, this caused a whole lot of unnecessary bitterness and accusations. It could never be proven one way or the other whether any tampering had occurred. However, because the possibility for tampering existed, some players were so suspicious that they would not accept anything other than a "guilty" verdict, and as a result the accusations continued to the point where the game broke apart.

I hope I summarized that correctly, and with as little slant as possible. :)

Okay thanks.

When might we see a sign-up thread?

Sounds fine to me.

Gee, I'm the second person to vote on this. ("Yes").

I guess I don't have a life. :D
Just for the record, while I am interested in this MTDG, I don't see that I will have any spare time for it.

As of now, I will not be signing up for a team.

Just for the record, while I am interested in this MTDG, I don't see that I will have any spare time for it.

As of now, I will not be signing up for a team.
Okay, sure. If you find you have time later on, you're of course welcome to join in the fun again. :)

I would like to add to Lord Parkin's Double Civ Setup in that we have more teams (8 or 10). Each team would have fewer players but we might be able to keep more of them active in the game longer.

I would also like to select another game..

thanks & regards

Top Bottom