The future of Fall from Heaven

Great Congratulations to Kael and Co. I truly hope this project makes it all the way through and greatly look forward to it. Goes to show that some hard (and free) work can really pay off in the end (as if the greatness of the current FFH mod isn't enough of an achievement).

I don't really understand. What does "stand alone" mean? Does that mean it will not a mod of Civ? Does it mean FfH would no longer be associated with Civ? A new website?
Does this mean no FfH in Civ 5?

I don't really understand. What does "stand alone" mean? Does that mean it will not a mod of Civ? Does it mean FfH would no longer be associated with Civ? A new website?

Standalone means standalone. :lol:

The game will be developed and released on it's own, it looks like.

It might mean that it will be developed based on the Civ 5 engine similar to Civ4:Colonization.

Waiting for ANY details...

The thing that interests me most is: what would be the engine of this new FfH? Wouled be definetely "civ-like"? would it be maybe based on civ engine?

It might mean that it will be developed based on the Civ 5 engine similar to Civ4:Colonization.

Aha, and so still have a home here on Civ Fanatics. This would be excellent and quite ambitious.

Will it be commercial?
It looks like team will have a significant amount of problems with graphics copyright to solve. Hope, they'll be successful in it.

What? Man, that's like a nuke of joy coming from nowhere. Can't wait to see what you guys are working on next.

That is incredibly awesome. Though it made me wonder if your calendar is behind 17 days for a moment. Anyway, I'll certainly buy it.

I hope this is a real stand alone game, and not something built on the Civ4/5 system like Colonisation was. Civ sucks. All the bad parts of FFH, the micromanagement and stacks of doom for example, come directly from the civilisation system. It would be so, so much better if FFH was able to create a new system from scratch, and ditch Civ completely.

I also hope that it's Kael calling the shots and not Firaxis.

Like already said in the thread in the portal: OMFG!
And congratulations. Now to FfH2 happens the same like to Counterstrike. Impressive.

I hope it will get released a decent time after Civ5, because i really don't want that they both collide.

Just think, you and FfH were my "first":lol: Come on get your heads out of the gutter.:p

You helped me start making maps and your kind words of encouragement four (4) years ago, that how i get started with Civ4.

Just think it all started with FfH1;) (Dec 05)

Congratulations! Can't decide what I look forward to the most, Civ 5 or this.

This is great news, Kael. I'm excited for you and interested in checking it out. Your creations and work have thus far given me hours of enjoyment.

Best of luck to you on your project.

Will it be commercial?
It looks like team will have a significant amount of problems with graphics copyright to solve. Hope, they'll be successful in it.

Yeah, seral units, most/all leader art, severla city names (Kurio cities stand out) will need to be changed, if just to avoid say, the Angry Lawyers of Games Workshop.
(Hmmm, War Lawyers of Tzeentch?:hmm:)

Yeah, seral units, most/all leader art, severla city names (Kurio cities stand out) will need to be changed, if just to avoid say, the Angry Lawyers of Games Workshop.
(Hmmm, War Lawyers of Tzeentch?:hmm:)

I think the team will be doing most of the art professionally, as they will actually have a budget this time.

Top Bottom