Capto Iugulum: Empires and Nations

Luckymoose said:
TO: Carlos V, Emperor of Holy Spain

As my father always told me, it is best to make decisions from the heart and with the spirit. So from within my heart and through my spirit I send to you a message of friendship and equal admiration on the South American continent. Securing our borders and stabilizing the lands we hold, agreeing to respect one another's sovereignty and continuing to educate the deep tribes of the continent in the ways of Christianity, and of the Church. What say you emperor?

To: Pedro II, Emperor of Brazil

Your words carry much truth, my brother. And we are agreeable to these ideas you bring us.

To: All Catholic nations in the world

We launch this message to all of you, so that we may ally in order to protect ourselves and the religion we all follow, the One True Religion, the one that proclaims Jesus Christ Our Lord as Our Saviour and Shepherd. Our religion is in constant danger from the heretics and heathens in the world, but perhaps, if we work together, we will be able to push them back and, with time, bring the True Word of Our Lord to the four corners of the world.

We launch this message to all of you, so that we may ally in order to protect ourselves and the religion we all follow, the One True Religion, the one that proclaims Jesus Christ Our Lord as Our Saviour and Shepherd. Our religion is in constant danger from the heretics and heathens in the world, but perhaps, if we work together, we will be able to push them back and, with time, bring the True Word of Our Lord to the four corners of the world.

To: Spain & All Catholic nations of the world

Portugal would willingly put aside our differences with Spain and join them in this alliance to bring strength to our religion and spread the truth throughout the world!

Only a couple days left until I close ther chances to claim reservations.

Eh, why not. Paris for me?

To: King Louis XII of Paris

While relations between Burgundy and Paris may have been less then amicable in the past, now is the time to change this. I suggest a royal marriage between a gentleman of the Burgundian royal family and a lady of the Parisian royal house to tie our two nations together in friendship. After all, Catholic nations should maintain close ties, especially in a region filled with Protestants.

From King Louis XII of Paris
To King Conrad VII of Burgundy

We accept this generous offer, and we are eager to build better relations between our two nations

To: King Humbert V of Dauphine, King Louis II of Languedoc, King Philip IV of Normandy, King Philippe II of Orleans, King Louis XII of Paris, King Henri IV of Poitou, King Jacques II of Provence

The French are a cultured, but scattered people. Just beyond our borders, aggressive and unified nations such as Spain, Great Britain and the Netherlands seek to find weak and fragmented nations such as our own to add to their kingdom. My friends, let us not acknowledge this "catholic alliance" for its interests are not relevant to us who are religiously divided.

Instead let us create a confederacy, while maintaining our sovereignty. Brittany proposes a confederacy between the numerous French regions be formed for a singular purpose -mutual defense. If a member is attacked by an outside party, all other French nations will come to its defense, ensuring that all regions can properly protect its people.

@the tyrant: before I respond, I'd like to suggest that you take a look at Brittany's issues. They have a thing about hating French culture, preferring to strengthen their own Celtic heritage.

OOC: Please remember my message to Bavaria when you respond. :)

To: King Humbert V of Dauphine, King Louis II of Languedoc, King Philip IV of Normandy, King Philippe II of Orleans, King Louis XII of Paris, King Henri IV of Poitou, King Jacques II of Provence

The French are a cultured, but scattered people. Just beyond our borders, aggressive and unified nations such as Spain, Great Britain and the Netherlands seek to find weak and fragmented nations such as our own to add to their kingdom. My friends, let us not acknowledge this "catholic alliance" for its interests are not relevant to us who are religiously divided.

Instead let us create a confederacy, while maintaining our sovereignty. Brittany proposes a confederacy between the numerous French regions be formed for a singular purpose -mutual defense. If a member is attacked by an outside party, all other French nations will come to its defense, ensuring that all regions can properly protect its people.

Uhh....Brittany is Breton, not French, unless this timeline is different. I would assume Brittany would staunchly oppose being in such a confederation.

Y'know, I thought I had seen someone claim Bavaria, I guess I was wrong though. Anywhoo:

To: Prussia

We will not deign to ally ourselves with a backward Protestant state such as yours.

The following are all responses to The Empire of Holy Spain in regards to the proposed Catholic alliance:

We'd have to know of Austria's response to your proposal before making any commitment of our own.

We'd be honored to join in such an alliance.

We're excited to join our Spanish friends in this proposed alliance.

We are more than willing to join this alliance, but would like to make certain that this alliance applies ONLY to defensive actions.

We are not going to submit our nation to theocracy enforced by alliance.

While we appreciate the gestures of our fellow Catholic nations, we are not interested in alliance at this time.

We do not feel that a combined Catholic alliance is in our best interests at this time.

We do not believe that a Catholic alliance is in our best interests, but would be interested in the lowering of tariffs for Catholic nations.

We will not submit ourselves again to Spanish imperial rule, which is surely what this alliance amounts to!

We have no interest in alliance with Spain

We will not submit ourselves to Spanish imperial rule ever again!

We are interested in joining the holy alliance and brotherhood of Christ with other catholic nations.

To: All Catholic Nations of the world

We do not believe this alliance would mean Spanish rule, we are in support of the Pope and the Papal States to head this alliance. Portugal was under the impression that this would be how it should be seeing as how the Pope heads the religion it self. Portugal supports the Pope, not Spain, we are willing to join Spain in this alliance but we serve the Catholic religion and the Pope. We do NOT server Spain and that is not what this alliance should be about, it should be the Catholic nations of the world serving Spain.

IMPORTANT FOR ALL PLAYERS: All but a single reservation has been claimed at this point, so I feel confident enough to say that the nation list is set for now. Regardless, I expect some sort of orders by next Thursday from all players. A lack of any sort of orders will result in being dropped from the NES. This is to ensure that we have a full cast for all the major powers and nations. So start getting those orders in. Kudos to the two players who have already.

To: All the Catholic Nations in the world

For those that wish to join the proposed Catholic League, we are thankful for you. For those that aren't willing to join in the grounds that they don't want to be part of an Alliance led by Spain, let us tell you that the leader would be the Pope. Spain would be but a member of the same Alliance that encompasses everyone that wishes to join. As for the nature of the Alliance, it is quite clear: work for the protection of Catholics all over the world, fight anyone that becomes an enemy of Catholicism and defend fellow Catholic nations. For those that simply don't want to join just because Spain is in the Alliance, we are sad that you put your irrational hatreds in front of what is better for Cathollicism.

OOC: Circuit, given that you are going to be the leader of this alliance, would you mind putting up the Social Group for the Catholic League?

We will not submit ourselves again to Spanish imperial rule, which is surely what this alliance amounts to!

We have no interest in alliance with Spain

We will not submit ourselves to Spanish imperial rule ever again!

But what about Paraguay?

Top Bottom