[BtS] American Civil War

I could be doing something wrong, but when I extract the files the only things that appear after the extraction are the assets folder and the American Civil War config file. None of the other stuff I can see in the zip.

Edit: If I extract the files in smaller batches it seems to be working.

Interesting mod but it doesn't work properly. Tried playing as the confederates.

- Civics screen blank
- No resources available
- All cities start with 1 population?
- No starting units / city improvements?
- Tennessee/Virginia under Union control?
- Can't switch to religion "Dixie"

I also encountered some sort of extracting error when unpacking the zipped main file package.

All in all an interesting mod with alot of opportunity, but still needs alot of work.

(note that the mod is not finished and is not yet in a playable state)

Shiggs has made it quite clear that this is not quite done yet. I'll be waiting until the final release myself. There will be a real Civil War scenario then. I can't wait to lead Sherman's march to the Sea!

I can't wait lead Johnny Reb during the siege of Washington D.C. :eek:

kevinman did you have that issue with extracting the zip file? I have no idea, it appears to look fine on my PC. For the next version I'll offer both a zip and an exe so everybody can be happy.

jcb - it works exactly as intended. As others have said it is incomplete, the mod is much more than just a scenario, it is basically a mega mod built around a scenario. Something that most mega mods are not burdened with--- a scenario, is the only thing I ever hear about. The actual "guts" of the mod are near completion, and the map is on the way. Please check back in a month or two and we'll have the map setup proper for everyone to play.

ps Tennessee, Virginia, Arkansas, and North Carolina are under union control in march 1861, as they should be. This will be fixed with events that simulate the succession once we get out of beta.

Great, thanks for the clarification guys.

Will keep checking back; Thanks for the hard work and I look forward to seeing the finished version!

Thanks for your interest in the mod ;) Work progresses daily so it won't be too much longer.

Anticipation. It's making me wait.
It's a good thing all ya'll can't hear me singing that song. :p

I'm having a problem getting the mod to work. I downloaded it and unzipped it fine, and I got it loaded fine. I can select a civ and a difficulty, but when the map loads, it crashes. (The progress bar goes all the way, the small popup comes up, and then it stops working) Any ideas? This looks really fun, and I'd love to try it. (Should I just wait for the final version and hope it works?) I am running Windows 7 - could that be an issue? I'm pretty sure my Civ4 BTS is fully patched, as well.

@Elrohir- There is not really a problem with the map (well there kind of is). I run Vista with all the latest patches with no problems.

Make sure you go into BTS without loading a mod, and turn off the grid. Then try loading the mod. This should fix your troubles.

I am looking into a fix for that.

Kevin

Shiggs, I hope you made sure the British have nice red uniforms and the stripe running down the pant leg. That is the most important part of the scenario, everything else is secondary.

:lol:

Blimey! I think the Brits should look like the bloke in "Gettysburg" (the movie with Martin Sheen as R.E.Lee), I mean, appear on the battlefield in red Coldstream Guard uniform, perfect moustache and carrying his morning tea.

I think it was Arthur Fremantle they tried to portray in a very caricatureish manner, but he was my idol nonetheless.

I was thinking as well the British should look like the British guy in Gettysburg. This really is the most important thing in the scenario. Shiggs and everyone else seems to be ignoring the biggest issue.

LOL! No matter what the Brits look like, I cannot wait for this to come out.

How do I add lieutenants to my mod the same as this mod has. The commanders are tagged as a UU, but Lieutenants run off of great general. How do I do this?

Top Bottom