While We Wait: (Almost) Anything Goes

Well done. That's an impressive accomplishment. Where can we read it?

So, twelve years of moderating NESes has finally paid off. At this time I am officially an award-winning writer, who will actually receive money in return for writing (It's the dream!). My short story submission to Paradox Interactive's Crusader Kings 2 story writing contest was one of the five winners to be selected. I can't really demonstrate how freaking excited I am about this, as it feels like justification for years of improving my writing through here. So I just want to thank everyone who has played in one or more of my NESes and helped me advance my writing to where it is today.

I have to say, after so many 15,000-25,000 word updates for Capto Iugulum and other NESes, a mere 5,000 word short story was nothing!
Awesome!

Thanks for the kudos, quite thrilled so far, even though it was a 9% chance of success just based on the number of submissions. Still, a major stepping stone for me, which makes me happy.

Well done. That's an impressive accomplishment. Where can we read it?

I'm fairly confident that Paradox doesn't want me to post the story for free anywhere, so the only answer I can give to that for the moment is "nowhere." At least, until I get more information.

However: Contest Winners' Thread

According to the publisher, they'll be releasing it both electronically and as an actual hardcover book on 12/16.

That is an amazing accomplishment EQ! Your updates have always been rich in detail and content, and always a joy to read. May you encounter much success if you decide to take up the career or hobby of a writer. :D

Congratulations EQ!

Sweet, congratulations. Hope his paves the way for good things for you.

Congratulations! *goes back to writing his unfinished NaNo*

Wow, congrats EQ!!! :D

Will the story be available online?

Wow, congrats EQ!!! :D

Will the story be available online?

It was used as the preview for a little while, but they've swapped it out for someone else's story.

http://issuu.com/paradoxbooks/docs/ck2_anthology_pdf_preview

Based on past Paradox anthologies, the digital edition for Kindle/e-reader will likely be around $7. The hardcover copy is retailing for $25.

Unfortunately, according to the contract I have to sign to get this done, Paradox retains exclusive rights to publishing the story for the next six months. I suspect this includes posting it on forums. So, I'd say just buy the digital copy or wait until next year, when I'll probably just post it here after the contract has expired.

Is that a Thai proverb? Or Buddhist saying?

Got anything planned :p

Yes. One way or another, I'll run something, even if it's just a small strategy game with a few players.

I have a more ambitious project but it requires the cooperation of another NESer first, and I won't want to promise anything I can't deliver on.

Also, I have heard that there may be changes coming to our forum that will improve our community's ability to communicate with the mods in a non-confrontational fashion and guide the future direction of NES and IOT. Hopefully EQ succeeds in getting the admins to agree to these changes, as I'm sure they'd be very well-received by the community.

Top Bottom