The Touhou Mod Development Thread

Also, important update: I figured out why the World Congress icon was screwing up! It's not a normal icon, it's an alpha icon, they now have 24px and 16px alpha atlases you need to add. I thought Okuu was fine because when I tried it with her, I had discovered every civ and she was the host of the congress -- and if you are host your icon is 32px, so it loaded normally.

Okuu and Cirno are updated and SHOULD work for both G&K and BNW, though I still need my G&K only tester to get home and confirm Cirno works right.

Now, my problem is: Why the heck is Eirin crashing the game when you try to make a game when she is computer-controlled? It runs fine when YOU are Eirin, but if an AI is Eirin, it crashes as it tries to make the map. Why? Here's the mod file.

Good to hear it works, and interesting find on those icons. I should probably update that as well, and I wonder what else BNW could've messed up.

By the way, you can turn specific DLC on or off from the main menu. Have you tried that?

I did not, and it appeared to work fine. So that's a load off.

Now what's Eirin's deal? It isn't even giving me any error messages in database.log, or at least none I recognize. It just looks like the errors I usually get about no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText

Figure it out -- I had copied her AI flavors from Cirno before modifying them, so they were all set to update values that didn't exist yet.

Cirno has been updated to be BNW-compliant and Okuu didn't need updating, both of them should work just fine if you get them through Steam. Did you want a direct download?

Kay.

Cirno and Okuu.

I just realized I could make Cirno's ability apply to all types of unit in BNW, by adding a version of Shaka's ability that applies +100% maintenance to "fighter" and "bomber" combat types (and making her free building give +100% production to Air domain as well). Hooray for not having to code that!

Kay.

Cirno and Okuu.

I just realized I could make Cirno's ability apply to all types of unit in BNW, by adding a version of Shaka's ability that applies +100% maintenance to "fighter" and "bomber" combat types (and making her free building give +100% production to Air domain as well). Hooray for not having to code that!

Thanks :)! would be nice to use another files service for the second, not everyone know how to use proxies. I would hate to wait 1 hour/ 30 minutes just to download something...

Cool, I'll check it out.

I have a somewhat functional Yuyuko going on, but it won't be done anytime soon unless I find an artist.

Oh, cool! What's her ability and stuff do?

UA: Perfect Blossom: +1 Food and Production in the Capital for every unique Luxury Resource connected.
UU: Phantom Swordsman: Replaces Longswordsman, gains the Blitz promotion
UB: Netherworld Gate: Replaces Walls, not entirely sure on this one but it currently adds +2 Culture. I think something Great Musician related would be really fitting.

The capital is named Saigyou Ayakashi, representing the tree in Hakugyokurou.

Getting that UA to work was a pain, and I went through several alternatives before I found a way to make it work (created a building that yields 1 food and production, and used City:SetNumRealBuildings).

I'll have to finish up the texts and make it Vanilla compatible before I can say it's fully stable, but after that only the art and music will be left. I really prefer custom stuff, so I'll ask around in several places to find an artist. Music's up to me, though :)

Do you have other plans for Touhou mods? With the addition of Eirin, there's a total of 8 civilizations up now. There's still room for other Touhou-related stuff, like custom natural wonders, unit/building/tech icons, City States, Great Works, etc.

Well, up next is Yuuka Kazami, who I want to give an ability boosting her Production and Food from internal trade routes, because she's isolationist and she's interested in cultivating her metaphorical "garden". But I don't know how the heck to do that and I guess I'd have to do something else for a G+K-only version.

I also fancied adding some Wonders, one for each civ (themed for them but not exclusive to them), but haven't put THAT much thought into it. I know I want to give Cirno the fairy shrine from Oriental Sacred Place, which would give all of your cities connections / trade routes and then prooooobably give you extra Happiness from luxuries. Okuu would get the Subterranean Sun, which would probably multiply research and/or production but cripple growth in that city. Eirin I was thinking of some kind of decoy moon thing, maybe it would give one city a big bonus to defense, but give all your other cities a penalty? Not really sure.

I like your ability for Yuyuko, feels kind of like she's gathering/hoarding things, which is probably the right feeling for it. Something with Great Musicians does seem like a good idea, but not sure how to get it from a Netherworld Gate. Is it possible to have units replace Great Musicians for a civ, like the Khan or Merchant of Venice, or will that screw up like if you try to replace a Great Prophet? Maybe they could have a Phantom Musician UU that got, like, faster movement and all-terrain or something like that, making them better to drop into enemy areas for concert tours. But that would have to be instead of the Netherworld Gate UB.

Ooh, Yuuka, awesome. I haven't looked at trade routes in modding yet, but if you can somehow find out how many internal trade routes a city is receiving through Lua, the rest can be solved the same way as with Yuyuko. Older versions are a pain. Especially culture related stuff in vanilla.

The wonder idea sounds fun. There's lots of stuff to work with, and I don't think it should give too much trouble to implement (unless you're making something really extraordinary).

Hey, nice to see this thread is still going on! :3

I'll admit... I've actually been kind of burnt out on Civ all summer. Not sure why -- I did get BNW and have some fun with it, but I suspect that doing all the modding and such leading up to it burned me out a bit, particularly since I found it a bit stressful, compared to the time I spent just doing mods for myself for fun.

Still, I have the Human Village mod nearly complete. Thinking about it again now that I've taken a break, I'm considering reworking the semi-problematic trait they had. It could be possible to have them get modifiers from trade routes (since plenty of the youkai visit the Human Village to buy goods), although that could get folded into the Village Shop UB... hmm.

I'm still not sure how much changed in the transition to BNW, so I'm not sure how much work it'll take to modify G&K mods to it.

Hooray, fall patch is out, and it finally added music modding support! No more choosing between replacing civs, and makign the user overwrite XML files!

Now, are we going to make continent groupings for our civs, or a generic "touhou" continent, or, how are we going to coordinate where the soundtracks overlap?

Also, god damn it now I have to edit Cirno and Okuu to make them non-replacing and that is SO MUCH WORK.

Ooh. Ooh, ooh, ooh. I got an idea.

Added sound files for "continents" don't have to be numbered. What if, all of the touhou civs had the continent set to GENSOKYO, and each of them only added a few non-numbered (and thus non-conflicting) music tracks to GENSOKYO, so instead of us having to come up with a master list, or come up with a whole bunch of audio tracks for every civ, every Touhou mod you have just expands the GENSOKYO soundtrack? Ideally, the GENSOKYO songs would be only weakly related to the civ they come with, like "Apparitions Stalk The Night" for Cirno or "The Bridge people No Longer Cross" for Okuu or "Voile - The Magic Library" for Remilia, so they don't make it sound like you're playing another leader, but they still reflect basic Touhou-ness.

Well, never mind that idea. You can have multiple mods add to a soundtrack tag, but if they aren't in order, it won't play them, so "modular soundtracks" are out.

I updated Cirno to be non-replacing and have a 12-song soundtrack, now to do the same for Okuu.

Top Bottom