City States Leaders for BNW [WIP Icon contribution hread]

Actually, I like the trait-dependant headers... I could actually wrap mine up to that template if you upload that one... (this means, I have the originals psd files but they are all inside the circle, so I have to change that still)

Then I thought of reusing some of Firaxis' topper decorations, and did some experiments with those representing traits:
Militaristic:

Religious:

Cultural:

Mercantile:

There wasn't anything that worked with Maritime, so I made this:
I like this new set of window decoration. the one on Militaristic, doesn't the barbarians use it?
knightmare13, can you make the background for Mombasa and Ormus cyan (instead of green)?
sure. i'll post it later.

I really miss the backgrounds though man.

Below are some of the results of experimenting with alternate window decorations.
Spoiler :

Wheat (Africa):

Cherry Blossoms (Asia):

I wasn't entirely happy with knightmare13's laurel, so I just made a resized version of the previous laurel, which I quite like, and I began to think I would abandon the use of alternates, and just use this one:

Note that all of these use a less jaggy circular frame.

Then I thought of reusing some of Firaxis' topper decorations, and did some experiments with those representing traits:
Militaristic:

Religious:

Cultural:

Mercantile:

There wasn't anything that worked with Maritime, so I made this:

I think I like these, but I'm not sure whether it's worth the effort of gathering all of the art that has been submitted using the old template since I haven't heard from Leugi and janboruta. I guess I'll PM them, since either way I want to use the less jaggy circular frame.
Gotta say you've done a really fantastic job with the frames. Sadly however, as I see it, at the moment this project does suffer a bit from lack of homogeneity when it comes to both style and quality of the actual icon contributions given because so many people have been involved.

Love the trait toppers by the way.

Gotta say you've done a really fantastic job with the frames. Sadly however, as I see it, at the moment this project does suffer a bit from lack of homogeneity when it comes to both style and quality of the actual icon contributions given because so many people have been involved.
I Agree with this. But if only 1 or 2 people would work for those icon, i think would take more months to finished all of those Portrait Icons coz everyone is busy with their own respective MODs. So this is the only best choice, contribute who wants to contribute :D

I could actually wrap mine up to that template if you upload that one... (this means, I have the originals psd files but they are all inside the circle, so I have to change that still)
The template is in a state of flux at the moment, so I thought it would be easier to get started collecting the art. If you'd rather do it yourself, I'll ping you when it's ready. Either way, the leaders don't have to overlap the frame.

the one on Militaristic, doesn't the barbarians use it?
Yup, I constructed them all out of bits of the various toppers, and the militaristic one is derived from the barbarian topper.

I like the green ones, this cyan and gold starburst combination seems a odd combination.
I agree, however the sunbursts don't have to have a yellow tint (Firaxis' sunbursts are mostly white, and are often quite subtle), nor does the background color need to have such technicolor vibrance.

I really miss the backgrounds though man.
Agreed; if you find the time, knightmare13, they really should have backgrounds behind the sunburst layer.

Sadly however, as I see it, at the moment this project does suffer a bit from lack of homogeneity when it comes to both style and quality of the actual icon contributions given because so many people have been involved.
I'm afraid that's the nature of the beast with a community art project. I think we all have the secret hope that janboruta will come along and do this whole thing right, but in the meantime this is a start. None of the art is set in stone; in fact much of it has been explicitly labelled a placeholder by the contributing artist.

I agree, however the sunbursts don't have to have a yellow tint (Firaxis' sunbursts are mostly white, and are often quite subtle), nor does the background color need to have such technicolor vibrance.

Agreed; if you find the time, knightmare13, they really should have backgrounds behind the sunburst layer.
I'll try if i got the time to do it. :)

Done.

Colombo
only white
Spoiler :

Hanoi
I need to remake Hanoi's sunburst, and Chi Min Ho's beard.
white aura & sunburst
Spoiler :

gold aura & sunburst
Spoiler :

Mombasa
white aura & sunburst
Spoiler :

gold aura & sunburst
Spoiler :

Ormus
white aura & sunburst
Spoiler :

gold aura & sunburst
Spoiler :

In my Opinion the gold ones are the best looking, it gives more life to the portraits. But the choice is yours. :D

The template is in a state of flux at the moment, so I thought it would be easier to get started collecting the art. If you'd rather do it yourself, I'll ping you when it's ready. Either way, the leaders don't have to overlap the frame.

Please include me in that list please. I'll have to redo the background coloring since I didn't keep the files...

Just going through the beta files, and I might go ahead and fix up some of the lesser quality ones. Colombo and Ormus are still missing a Background as of now however. I also think Sydney mike look a bit better with Parkes as the leader.

Going to fix up Cahokia, Malacca and Bratislava.

Here's Birdman of Cahokia

Spoiler :

And speaking of mods (for my Australia civ):

Shiekh Maktoum of Dubai

Spoiler :

Bruno Mauricio de Zabala of Montevideo

Spoiler :

Is it just ok if create alternative Leader Icons for some leaders??

... Colombo and Ormus are still missing a Background as of now however...
I believe that I already posted the new Colombo and Ormus w/ Background here.

I don't know iF i did something wrong or its just some bug on the MOD.
this is a image when i meet Ormus. The height of the CS Screen, is it a bug? I think its weird.
Spoiler :

And the CS Screen when you try to talk to Ormus.
Spoiler :

All of CS Screen are same as Ormus. I wonder if this is a bug.

Top Bottom