A Civ of Thrones - Development Thread

Don't think that I don't consider your words, I've already thought about the Blackfish, who is renowned throughout the Seven Kingdoms, with the UA of the "JFD-Lincon Civ": "Choose an unique wartime bonuses upon the outbreak of war against a major civilization" ( For Family: additional strenght near the capital, For Duty: boost to production units, For Honor: increased general spawn rate). He simply is not going to be released now.

That sounds amazing - and so much more interesting. I mean, if Olenna's influence over Mace is the reason you are picking here, it might be worthwhile to think of the Blackfish over Edmure.

That sounds amazing - and so much more interesting. I mean, if Olenna's influence over Mace is the reason you are picking here, it might be worthwhile to think of the Blackfish over Edmure.
You must agree with me (at least books speaking) that Edmure is not as marginal as Mace. However, after I finished Martell, I might think about doing the Blackfish before Arryn, as a tribute to this legendary character.

Looks great!

The only thing I'd add to the wishlist is to have a "random map" option. If that doesn't work since you made the civ abilities too specific (gold for the lannisters), too bad, but I'd like a random map anyways, I find it more fun. Maybe with a warning :)

(and I can't wait already for the expansion including Essosi civs :D)

Sorry I didn't see your tully, tyrell and martell, I was overseas so I couldn't connect.

All the civs look very good!
For the second unique of martell, I have an idea (from 'game of thrones ascent') but I think it's not a good one- Glasshouse. I don't know what it will replace and what will be the bonuses.

Looks great!
I'd like a random map anyways, I find it more fun. Maybe with a warning :)

It can be done.

Sorry I didn't see your tully, tyrell and martell, I was overseas so I couldn't connect.

All the civs look very good!
For the second unique of martell, I have an idea (from 'game of thrones ascent') but I think it's not a good one- Glasshouse. I don't know what it will replace and what will be the bonuses.

Im happy that you like the civs. For the UB i have also thought of the Water Gardens (a replacement for the palace that give free garden in city and some other bonus, maybe a copy of citrus, nutmeg...)

You should rename Stannis' Baratheon to House Baratheon of Dragonstone and Renly's Baratheon to House Baratheon of Storm's End. And maybe add House Baratheon of King's Landing with Joffrey or Robert as the leader.

I have so much to say about your mod.

First off THANK YOU!!! This sounds amazing. I absolutely love some of your ideas like the way the Riverlands takes advantage of rivers as roads. It's absolutely genius!

I have a couple ideas you can bat around

How about for the north a UB called the werewood tree that gives off both a faith bonus and a food bonus. OR add a faith a food bonus to adjacent forest. Because they'll be relegated to the north they should get a food buff for being their.

Or maybe a happiness bonus to allow the settling of more cities.

I also thought of taking advantage of the lore about them being unbent and give them a combat bonus in tundra tiles and or their own territory.

There should be something that keeps a user from going on a conquering spree. The north are great at combat but they don't WANT the south. They just want to be left alone.

I was also thinking that since Stannis is arguably one of the most accomplished Warriors and Military leaders lliving his civ should get a steeper bonus for being near a great general.

These are just a couple ideas, I'll be back with a couple more.

PS one last one.

I know this is a WAYS off. But whenever you pursue a Robert's Rebellion scenario you should make Robert Baratheons unique unit be a Combat capable Great General. Give him the same stats as a denmark Viking. Yet still give off a bonus to other units. Or make it only possible to have one great general at a time and make him hands down the most powerful melee unit. Just to represent the fact that Robert would fight from the front and loved combat and also because he was the most powerful warrior in westeros

IMO, the States should gain the Shoshone Territory ability if a city is settled next to Tundra (you could actually copy the Sami code from More Civs). I also like the idea of the UB that provides additional food and faith from forests and also spawns a forest nearby.

IMO, the States should gain the Shoshone Territory ability if a city is settled next to Tundra (you could actually copy the Sami code from More Civs). I also like the idea of the UB that provides additional food and faith from forests and also spawns a forest nearby.

A forest with red leafs :D

How about for the north a UB called the werewood tree that gives off both a faith bonus and a food bonus. OR add a faith a food bonus to adjacent forest. Because they'll be relegated to the north they should get a food buff for being their.

It's a very good idea, but unfortunately, this is a belief of the religion of the old gods. Jamforce, please find a solution about it. It's a good idea, and if I remember right, you said that you're not so happy about the walls of Winterfell. Sorry if I wrong.

I was busy with studying, but tomorrow I'll do an exam and i will be again free to work on the mod :lol:

You should rename Stannis' Baratheon to House Baratheon of Dragonstone and Renly's Baratheon to House Baratheon of Storm's End.

This distinction is present on the map and in the DoM and Civilopedia's text.
Moreover, on the advice of TPangolin, I proceeded to mark this distinction by changing their colors (dark red for Stannis).

IMO, the States should gain the Shoshone Territory ability if a city is settled next to Tundra (you could actually copy the Sami code from More Civs).

Already decided to follow this idea some time ago when you suggested this, I will update Robb in these days.

I know this is a WAYS off. But whenever you pursue a Robert's Rebellion scenario you should make Robert Baratheons unique unit be a Combat capable Great General. Give him the same stats as a denmark Viking. Yet still give off a bonus to other units. Or make it only possible to have one great general at a time and make him hands down the most powerful melee unit. Just to represent the fact that Robert would fight from the front and loved combat and also because he was the most powerful warrior in westeros

I really like this idea, good also for Rhaegar. I will keep this in my mind for the future!

It's a very good idea, but unfortunately, this is a belief of the religion of the old gods. Jamforce, please find a solution about it. It's a good idea, and if I remember right, you said that you're not so happy about the walls of Winterfell. Sorry if I wrong.

I dont dislike the Walls of Winterfell, certainly it's not a great UB, but I think it can remain. Anyway the religious building is a very good idea, in fact I have already thought about this, but for Eddard ( that i think is a lot more religious than Robb) and more precisely (because the goodswood is taken) to the Crypts.
Spoiler :
The Crypts are where the bones of all of the Kings in the North and ruling lords of Winterfell are buried. The underground crypts are long and narrow, with pillars moving two by two along its length. Between pillars stand the sepulchers of the Starks of Winterfell, the likenesses of the dead seated on thrones, with iron swords set before them to keep the restless spirits from wandering, and snarling direwolves at their feet. The crypts are located deep under the earth, cavernous and bigger than the complex above ground. They are accessed by a twisting stone stair and a huge ironwood door that lies at a slant to the floor. The stair continues below to older levels where the most ancient Kings in the North are entombed.

Let me know your opinions!

It can be done.

Great to hear!

No no no! You got it the wrong way around. Adding food would make their cities larger (=more populous) than southern civs. Instead the North should cover a big territory, no?

Or maybe a happiness bonus to allow the settling of more cities.

See that makes more sense ;)

The Crypts of Winterfell work, but they're again quite singular. Another thing I could see are the glass gardens of Winterfell that use the hot springs to grow food in the winter, now here a food bonus would make sense (but still be probably bad for gameplay, no?).

You can do easy things as a hunting lodge like Game of Thrones:Ascent (the facebook game) does. I do feel a bonus to woods is flavourful for the North.

I'd generally shy away from making things like the Walls of Winterfell or the Water Gardens into UB. Wouldn't those be more awesome as Wonders? (even if preplaced :))

Though they fit as a UB for the Martells. I can also see other descriptions as Reflecting Pools or Orangeries.

I dont dislike the Walls of Winterfell, certainly it's not a great UB, but I think it can remain. Anyway the religious building is a very good idea, in fact I have already thought about this, but for Eddard ( that i think is a lot more religious than Robb) and more precisely (because the goodswood is taken) to the Crypts.
Spoiler :
The Crypts are where the bones of all of the Kings in the North and ruling lords of Winterfell are buried. The underground crypts are long and narrow, with pillars moving two by two along its length. Between pillars stand the sepulchers of the Starks of Winterfell, the likenesses of the dead seated on thrones, with iron swords set before them to keep the restless spirits from wandering, and snarling direwolves at their feet. The crypts are located deep under the earth, cavernous and bigger than the complex above ground. They are accessed by a twisting stone stair and a huge ironwood door that lies at a slant to the floor. The stair continues below to older levels where the most ancient Kings in the North are entombed.

Let me know your opinions!

Oops, I was confused, sorry.
The crypts are a good idea, and I didn't know that you'll do Ned. It's great news!

I thought about the idea of the free folk and I found something not very realistic. What about a night watch civ? I know you didn't want to do them but it's fitting to the mod. First, the sides of the war of the five kings in the north were the free folk and the night watch. So it's not realistic to have a one side in the war. Second, imagine westeroes without the night watch. The white walkers would spread to more southern places, maybe to the seven kingdoms. And the free folk wouldn't fight the night watch and they would go to the seven kingdoms and because Stark went to a war in the riverlands, the folk would conquer the north, or at least big parts of him. I know that a civ of the night watch is not popular and it's hard to do it, but it will be unrealistic. If you want ideas I have some. I hope I convinced you, but if not, it's ok.

Great to hear!

No no no! You got it the wrong way around. Adding food would make their cities larger (=more populous) than southern civs. Instead the North should cover a big territory, no?

See that makes more sense ;)

The Crypts of Winterfell work, but they're again quite singular. Another thing I could see are the glass gardens of Winterfell that use the hot springs to grow food in the winter, now here a food bonus would make sense (but still be probably bad for gameplay, no?).

You can do easy things as a hunting lodge like Game of Thrones:Ascent (the facebook game) does. I do feel a bonus to woods is flavourful for the North.

I'd generally shy away from making things like the Walls of Winterfell or the Water Gardens into UB. Wouldn't those be more awesome as Wonders? (even if preplaced :))

Though they fit as a UB for the Martells. I can also see other descriptions as Reflecting Pools or Orangeries.

Yeah I get what you mean I don't really want the North to have a high populace but after having played the buggy mod that was created for vanilla a couple years ago. I realized that

A. It was hard to find good settlements in the tundra North

B. it was hard to settle the territory that was rightfully there's.

I really do feel like they should play well as a defensive Civ that doesn't "bend". Maybe make them like the Shoshone. Keep the dire wolf 'scout'. Allow them to cover large swaths of territory like someone else said. And give them a defense bonus for fighting in there own land.

For the fact they need more happiness for more small cities up north, how bout a unique resource only they benefit from. Or a resource that gives them 4 happiness for the first unit but also 2 or 1 happiness for each replica unit even after its traded. That way we get a big territory.

I didn't know that you'll do Ned. It's great news!

I thought about the idea of the free folk and I found something not very realistic. What about a night watch civ? I know you didn't want to do them but it's fitting to the mod. First, the sides of the war of the five kings in the north were the free folk and the night watch. So it's not realistic to have a one side in the war. Second, imagine westeroes without the night watch. The white walkers would spread to more southern places, maybe to the seven kingdoms. And the free folk wouldn't fight the night watch and they would go to the seven kingdoms and because Stark went to a war in the riverlands, the folk would conquer the north, or at least big parts of him. I know that a civ of the night watch is not popular and it's hard to do it, but it will be unrealistic. If you want ideas I have some. I hope I convinced you, but if not, it's ok.

You can read back in the thread that i have mentioned a "Robert Rebellion Scenario" with Robert Baratheon, Ned Stark and Jon Arryn vs Rhaegar Targaryen etc, but this is really for a far future! The Night Watch will be present, but you must wait :p

I really do feel like they should play well as a defensive Civ that doesn't "bend". Maybe make them like the Shoshone. Keep the dire wolf 'scout'. Allow them to cover large swaths of territory like someone else said. And give them a defense bonus for fighting in there own land.

The (possible) new Stark UA:

"Founding cities reveals all tiles within its working radius. Cities founded on or adjacent to Snow or Tundra receive additional Food (+2, +1) on those tiles and additional Faith (+1) from Forest tiles. These Cities claim all unclaimed resource tiles within its working radius. Units receive a combat bonus when fighting within their own territory."

What do you think guys? ( It's the Sami UA from "More Civs" with the addition of Faith and the combat bonus of the Shoshone Civ)

Regarding the Martell UB, i have found the Puquios from the Nazca Civ of "More Civs", that is exactly what i wanted to do: a building that gives fresh water (plus a bonus for citrus). The icon is realized by Janboruta and is excellent as always. I can make a "Dornish Pool" /"Reflecting Pool" like this or the Water Gardens (replacement for the palace, + x HP, free garden, citrus bonus or a free citrus )

If Walls of Wintefell and Water Gardens are not ok as UB, i can also transform them to wonders

Valyrian Roads, unlocked by Tradition ----> Water Gardens
Great Pyramid, unlocked by Expansion
Triple Walls of Qarth, unlocked by Honor ----> Walls of Winterfell
Great Sept of Baelor, unlocked by Piety
Fortress of Harrenhal, unlocked by Patronage
Citadel, unlocked by Aesthetics
Iron Bank, unlocked by Commerce
Hightower, unlocked by Navigation
Red Keep, unlocked by Espionage

Valyrian Roads, Walls of Qarth (plus Titan of Braavos) may be set aside for a future Essos expansion. However, there are still the Great Pyramid and the Iron Bank that are not from Westeros and that i dont know with what i must replace them.

Let me know your ideas

You can read back in the thread that i have mentioned a "Robert Rebellion Scenario" with Robert Baratheon, Ned Stark and Jon Arryn vs Rhaegar Targaryen etc, but this is really for a far future! The Night Watch will be present, but you must wait :p

Oh, I frogot it! And I'm happy to know that there will be the night's watch. If you want ideas, just tell me.

"Founding cities reveals all tiles within its working radius. Cities founded on or adjacent to Snow or Tundra receive additional Food (+2, +1) on those tiles and additional Faith (+1) from Forest tiles. These Cities claim all unclaimed resource tiles within its working radius. Units receive a combat bonus when fighting within their own territory."

What do you think guys? ( It's the Sami UA from "More Civs" with the addition of Faith and the combat bonus of the Shoshone Civ)

This idea is better that the previous one.
I also think that when you'll do Ned, Robb's UA needs to bo renamed to "The Young Wolf" and Ned's UA will be "Winter is Coming"

Regarding the Martell UB, i have found the Puquios from the Nazca Civ of "More Civs", that is exactly what i wanted to do: a building that gives fresh water (plus a bonus for citrus). The icon is realized by Janboruta and is excellent as always. I can make a "Dornish Pool" /"Reflecting Pool" like this or the Water Gardens (replacement for the palace, + x HP, free garden, citrus bonus or a free citrus )

Well, I think that now Dorne is perfect :)

If Walls of Wintefell and Water Gardens are not ok as UB, i can also transform them to wonders

Valyrian Roads, unlocked by Tradition ----> Water Gardens
Great Pyramid, unlocked by Expansion
Triple Walls of Qarth, unlocked by Honor ----> Walls of Winterfell
Great Sept of Baelor, unlocked by Piety
Fortress of Harrenhal, unlocked by Patronage
Citadel, unlocked by Aesthetics
Iron Bank, unlocked by Commerce
Hightower, unlocked by Navigation
Red Keep, unlocked by Espionage

Valyrian Roads, Walls of Qarth (plus Titan of Braavos) may be set aside for a future Essos expansion. However, there are still the Great Pyramid and the Iron Bank that are not from Westeros and that i dont know with what i must replace them.

Let me know your ideas

Do you want the wonders to be specific to commerce and expansion?
If you want to commerce, maybe xasterly rock mines or kingsroad. To expansion, you can also do kingsroad or the wall, but the wall you can do as the night's watch unique natinal wonder....
Another options are hightower or maybe the twins bridge

I have a question for. What are the focuses of each civ you released?

Is there any way you could add in the Kingsroad? I assume this could only be done in a scenario map.

I think it's BRILLIANT.

I've got two more ideas. How about the FREE FOLK. Only can found one city. But they get a reduced maintenance bonus for units, they get the Mammoth on discovery animal Husbandry and they raze cities faster then normal.

To be clear they can conquer other cities like Venice but can only puppet or raze.

I feel like that would be a nice counter to the expansive and defensive North who won't be able to afford to divert their eyes too far south. But with only one city it may take time to build a dangerous army.

My other idea if possible is to create a feature called "Marry our Houses". What if it was a better version of a Declaration of friendship that was also a one-sided defensive pact.

So the offering civ would marry off their daughter to another civ. and maybe for 45 turns they promise to declare war anytime the other does. And for 60 turns they remain friends.

I think you can only marry one family at a time. And I'm not sure how a love triangle between 3 Civs would be resolved.

But this creates the strategic alliances that makes Asoiaf interesting and makes the Diplomatic victory interesting as well. Imagine well timed marriages between swing Civs on the council. It makes the Riverlands and the Westerlands really interesting for a diplomatic victory

It also creates a chance for more massive continent wide wars if everyone is ensnared in alliances.

Finally it recreates scenarios like why The Riverlands would choose to war with The Westerlands Alongside there cousin Robb or why The Tyrells would choose Renly.

I also think that when you'll do Ned, Robb's UA needs to bo renamed to "The Young Wolf" and Ned's UA will be "Winter is Coming"

Yes, of course in the future.

Do you want the wonders to be specific to commerce and expansion?
If you want to commerce, maybe casterly rock mines or kingsroad. To expansion, you can also do kingsroad or the wall, but the wall you can do as the night's watch unique natinal wonder....
Another options are hightower or maybe the twins bridge

The mines seems to me more for the expansion tree, it could have the Great Pyramid effect ( Tile improvement construction speed increased by 25%. Two free Workers appear near the City. ). I must think if make this changes to the wonders :crazyeye:

The Hightower is already picked by Navigation as you can see :p

I have a question for. What are the focuses of each civ you released?

You can understand them observing the civ UA: for example, the Tyrells are oriented to the commerce and to the conquest using their strongest cavalry, while Stannis is focused on a "Religion War" and Renly, instead, on surrounding himself of many allies (then the player can choose to play defensively for a diplomatic victory or to force his opponents to declare war for a conquest victory )

Is there any way you could add in the Kingsroad? I assume this could only be done in a scenario map.

This will be done for sure in the scenario map.

I've got two more ideas. How about the FREE FOLK. Only can found one city. But they get a reduced maintenance bonus for units, they get the Mammoth on discovery animal Husbandry and they raze cities faster then normal.

To be clear they can conquer other cities like Venice but can only puppet or raze.

I feel like that would be a nice counter to the expansive and defensive North who won't be able to afford to divert their eyes too far south. But with only one city it may take time to build a dangerous army.

I asked to bane to write the necessary lua functions and he has already done the job ( missing few things ).

The idea is that the FreeFolks can found only a "classic" city, the capital, that represents the Mance Rayder's base camp, the other cities will change their position every x turn and cannot produce anything, however they still claim territory and resources and, additionally, sends production and gold to the capital ( more far cities will send double production and gold, but only every 2*X instead of every X turns ).
Moreover these special cities have the chance to spawn military units (plus settlers, workers, musicians and great generals, but with a lower probability ).

My other idea if possible is to create a feature called "Marry our Houses". What if it was a better version of a Declaration of friendship that was also a one-sided defensive pact.

So the offering civ would marry off their daughter to another civ. and maybe for 45 turns they promise to declare war anytime the other does. And for 60 turns they remain friends.

I think you can only marry one family at a time. And I'm not sure how a love triangle between 3 Civs would be resolved.

But this creates the strategic alliances that makes Asoiaf interesting and makes the Diplomatic victory interesting as well. Imagine well timed marriages between swing Civs on the council. It makes the Riverlands and the Westerlands really interesting for a diplomatic victory

Really an interesting idea, I will try certainly to do something about it once completed the Houses!

Top Bottom