a mod to limit different civilizations to different eras

sershe

Chieftain
Hi.
Is there a mod out there (or would it be easy to make) that would limit civs to custom eras, different for each civ? Or, for example, have "eligibility" turns for eras for different civs (e.g. Aztecs cannot advance out of medieval until 1700 or whatever, just an example); or adjust their research speed.
For example, if I wanted to play realistic European colonization scenario, I would take some world map mod, slow down the civs on other continents, and have them still play some role while European colonizers dominate and fight amongst each other.

You know that might not be a bad idea for city-states. You restrict them to spawn in the era that they're associated in. Say that for every CS captured or purchased, one era appropriate one will spawn when the new era starts, with the addition of another one for Classical, Medieval, and Renaissance. This way CS's can be captured, or razed upon capture, but only liberated if done so within the same era that they were captured, otherwise they're too well entrenched in the current culture to want to go back (but of course you can capture or raze them for yourselves).

To me, those AIs are then handicapped and you're guaranteed to mop the floor with them. Where's the challenge in that?

If you want an accurate map with tech handicaps, just play EU4. Otherwise there is the New World scenario. If you do play a true start location map, I generally find that the Americans are behind on tech because they meet less people and so dont have as many research agreements, or the tech bonus for other civs discovery techs.

If you want an accurate map with tech handicaps, just play EU4. Otherwise there is the New World scenario. If you do play a true start location map, I generally find that the Americans are behind on tech because they meet less people and so dont have as many research agreements, or the tech bonus for other civs discovery techs.

I was about to say the exact same thing. If you do a true locations map and start in Mesapotamia or Europe. Odds are your going to be way more advanced then the Americans. You meet more civs, you have trade routes, trade agreements and more war.

The trouble with the Americas though is that their empires can get pretty massive.

There is only one tech tree, and everyone shares it

Top Bottom