How to change language?

Ragazzo

Chieftain
I have an English version Civ 3 and Conquests. Is it possible to change the game language to German?

I don't think so (unless you want to translate every single txt file the game uses and then some). If you want German, you have to buy German Civ3, AFAIK. Sorry.

On the bright side, welcome to CFC! :) :D :beer:

But you should be able to just buy a German Civ3, as C3C gives you a choice of language on installing.

Thank you for your replies.

Turner_727 said:
But you should be able to just buy a German Civ3, as C3C gives you a choice of language on installing.

I tried selecting German in C3C installation. The menu and the texts seem to be translated but the file names are wrong. Do you know what would happen if I changed them?

I modified the files for Settlers, Worker and Explorer and it's now working fine until I build my first city. Where could I find original graphics or a mod for German Civ 3? I think that might work.

You'd have to buy a German Civ3. You might go be able to go through and edit everything, but it would be a long and tedious task. Much easier to spend the $10 on a German Civ3 and reinstall it.

As for being able to d/l the original graphics or files for a German Civ3, you won't get them here. We have a strict 'No Piracy' rule, and posting such files would violate that rule. Even if it technically isn't pircay.

Ragazzo said:
I tried selecting German in C3C installation. The menu and the texts seem to be translated but the file names are wrong. Do you know what would happen if I changed them?
You can change the file names. Better is to copy and rename the files and directories for all units. Then you can play german and english mods.

I wrote a little batch procedure which does this 'copy and rename thing' automatically. Follow the last link in my signature. ;)

Top Bottom