Civilopedia

korsteve

Chieftain
I haven't received the game so excuss me for any ignorance but does anyone plan on modding the civilopedia to make it better? I've read a lot of complaints about it (not sure if their justified though).

probably. It will all be getting ready for when the SDK comes out and we can all start some REAL modding

I can't believe the Civilopedia would have to wait until the SDK came out, but if that's the way it's done then, we just have to wait. I think somebody with a bit of database experience and who has walked through the relevant sections of the Python scripting should be able to produce something nice in just a few days. They could even update it with feedback from this forum.

I'm sitting here thinking that I would have already gotten all of put into a project and my local version control system, and been able to atleast explore the possibilities of what I'm babbling about. Yet I'm still waiting (for whatever reason) for the game to come into the stores.

I just purchased the game and spent a bit of time browsing through the civilopedia. I had trouble with the forward and back buttons on the bottom left. If I chose a category from the list on the right, then hit "back", then chose the same category from the list, the interface does not respond. This doesn't seem right to me. There should be at least some form of feedback.

Also using images (icons) instead of text is terrible because the ones who need the civilopedia the most are the least knowledgeable with the game so I can't believe they would do this. Terrible design decision.

Both these issues would have to be dealt with in Python.

Top Bottom