Civilopedia

jmik99

Chieftain
Is it possible to edit the Civilopedia? I can't seem to find it in the files. I would like to make a correct and updated Civilopedia.

Edit: Well, after looking a bit around this forum it's obviously possible to edit the Civilopedia... lol But where are the Civilopedia files located?

All pedia text is stored in text files under Assets\XML\Text. To make a specific unit, building, or whatever use a specific text string, you can edit the file containing that data. So you can control what strings are used by a unit in CIV4UnitInfos.xml, and then you could edit the text files to have what you added or changed.

An important note: despite the way Firaxis has divided the text files, they do not have to be done that way. You could create one text file with all your text, or call your files things like "Units", "Buildings", etc.

To edit the appearance of the pedia screens, you'd need to edit the pedia python files under Assets\Python\Screens. I don't think you want to do that, but this is the area you'd need to mess with.

Top Bottom