Hulfgar's Modpack

hello Bogardian,

because as it is stated in the first post the mod is not compatible with the current Civ5 version.

If you have Gods and Kings you can use the version I did for it.
The vanilla version of the mod will be done as soon as I have polished the Gods and Kings version (I want to use this as a template).

Hulfgar - Any chance you can merge both your Hulfgar's Industrial Warfare Gods and Kings Edition and the Post Modern Expansion together into 1 mod? I ask because ever since the latest patch, I've had nothing but problems with the PME. I can run the HIWG&KE just fine with other mods, but the second I apply the PME, the problems start. To start, I've run enough tests to know that it's just the PME (I've deleted my copy and downloaded another - but same result). I can run HIWG&KE just fine with multiple other mods, none of which have any conflicts with it. I use the mod In-Game Editor and quite a few of the mods put out by Whoward (these are mainly reporting mods). HIWG&KE works just fine with these. PME seems to disable them. If I start a new game without PME, all mods show up and work just fine. With PME, they are gone. The IGE bar is missing from the top and in the notifications window, all of Whoward's mods are gone. Remove PME and they're all back. I've done the usual clear cache and delete all mods, then reload all. Verified files and such. I don't know what else to do...kinda wish you could watch this unfold as I go through it.

Hello Martock,

can you post me a copy of the database.log and lua.log files please? I will check what could be the problem in PME. If it is the only solution I will merge both mods but I hope I can avoid this or I will have to keep two big mods up to date!

As requested, both are below. Just as a side note, but about 5 tries or so later after I posted on 11/27 I finally got a game to work. Just want to stress that I test the mod packs by launching a quick DUEL game to see if I get any issues. The only time I get issues is with this particular mod, your full mod (without PME) works just fine.

+++++++++++++
+ Database.log +
+++++++++++++

[8436.877] constraint failed
[8436.877] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[8448.312] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[8452.165] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[8452.165] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[8452.165] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[8453.397] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_HITTITE_WARCHARIOT" does not exist in Units
[8453.397] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_SUMERIAN_PHALANX" does not exist in Units
[8453.397] Failed Validation.
[8453.881]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 366952 33247840
PageCache: 4377 4982
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 0 29687880
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 131072
PageCache: 1160
Scratch: 6640

Prepared Statements:
Current: 6
------------------------------

++++++++
+ Lua.log +
++++++++

[8421.136] Initializing Lua 5.1.4
[8743.762] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[8743.762] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[8743.871] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[8743.871] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[8743.934] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[8743.934] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[8750.564] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[8750.564] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()

Hello Martock,

thanks for all those infos. Just to let you know that I am looking in this issue.

Hi Hulfgar,I need your help..units like tanks,medical trucks,dreadnoughts are all "upside down" can you help? thanks

Hello Brave Heart?

is it from today? if so it may have to do with the last patch (not sure if it's already applied).

if no can you list me the mods that you are using and send me the lua and database log files please?
A save game would be welcome as well.

to enable logging :

go in : Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ and open config.ini

- Inside this file,
- at the start of the file enable the fire tuner to connect to the game.
Change EnableTuner = 0 in EnableTuner = 1
- search for "LoggingEnabled = 0" and set that to 1
- Save the file and close it.

The Database.log file used for debugging is in :
...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs

I am trying for 4 days now..i didnt have any problems since 2 days ago..when I first built dreadnought he was upsidedown and after that..same thing with tank,medic etc..
I am new with this but i folowed your instructins and here is my log
[11074.620] constraint failed
[11074.620] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[11087.849] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[11087.849] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[11087.849] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[11089.658] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_HITTITE_WARCHARIOT" does not exist in Units
[11089.658] Invalid Reference on UnitGameplay2DScripts.UnitType - "UNIT_SUMERIAN_PHALANX" does not exist in Units
[11089.658] Failed Validation.
[11090.438]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 379952 39558248
PageCache: 4367 4982
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 0 34858000
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 131072
PageCache: 1160
Scratch: 6664

Prepared Statements:
Current: 6

do I need to go inside the game again after changing config.ini ?

I also started new game from atomic era just to save game and take some screen pic if you want to see..just need some time to figure out how to send them to you :)

Ok,i am ataching files and sending it to you now. I dont have original game and dont use steam..is that a problem? P.S. thanks for helping and quick answers

e-mail is sent now,I hope you will find some solution

Hello Brave Heart,

sorry I had no time to answer before.

To not use steam should not be a problem.

I dont have original game
This could be a problem and if so I will not be able to help you.

I had not the time to look in your files yet but I will try tonight. If I find something useful I will tell you.

why do many of the middle eastern countries have kamikaze as a second special thing replacing their older better ones. the one country that did kamikaze (japan) wasnt given kamikaze

also the interfaces of everything are screwed up, they turn into black squares

hello d3athbyn1ght,

because when you start the game it choose to display 2 of the Unique Units of the Civ.
The displayed UU are randomly chosen in the available pool. But all civs have kept their original UU.

For example Japan has the samourai and the zero (original UU) AND the Kamikaze.
But if you play Japan the game will display only 2 UUs at the start.

hello d3athbyn1ght,

because when you start the game it choose to display 2 of the Unique Units of the Civ.
The displayed UU are randomly chosen in the available pool. But all civs have kept their original UU.

For example Japan has the samourai and the zero (original UU) AND the Kamikaze.
But if you play Japan the game will display only 2 UUs at the start.

AHH ok, thank you for clearing that up XD

Hey Hulfgar great mod really enjoying it! I found that after researching industrialization, you get marines which are stronger than any other unit at the time and can singlehandedly take cities. It seems the bonus they get when attacking cities is to large for the time period, because I could wipe out other civs with just an army of three marines. Maybe make the bonus when attacking cities a bit less?

Great mod and keep up the great work!!

Top Bottom