Achievement Saves (for the lazy and/or the frustrated people out there)

I am absolutely amazed at the pax romana save. I tried this many times to no available, though I do admit I got inpatient and if I was losing too much I didn't continue the game. I have no idea how you were so dominating and took over the sassanids. Great game.

OK, I hope someone can answer me with this question. As you guys know, a new patch is going to be available this October of 2012. The question is, will this patch fix the 3 mods Steam achievement?

These 3 achievements are currently broken and I have only these 3 achievements left to finish. If anyone can give me an answer, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

Hi, the savefile for wonders seems to be broken. load the game but didn't get any count for any of the wonders which were discovered.

This is a great idea I've won on on Pangaea and archipelago maps but because I play with random maps I don't get credit.

I also have not won a game on any difficulty below Prince because it's just to easyto be fun. I think you should get any difficulty level below the one your playing on achievements if you win a game on a higher difficulty level.

I have not looked because I'm at work but are there warlord and chieftain saves on here?

OK, with the fall patch just released, did this patch fix the mods achievements? There are 3 of them.

Thanks!

I have all achievements except "We are Family" which doesn't seem to trigger still.

OK, with the fall patch just released, did this patch fix the mods achievements? There are 3 of them.

Thanks!

Yes. Yesterday I played a Mod game with the mods reloading, I think that's a bug that needs fixing, and when they started downloading I got the Expansionist achievement.

Yes. Yesterday I played a Mod game with the mods reloading, I think that's a bug that needs fixing, and when they started downloading I got the Expansionist achievement.

It didn't fix the "Rate a Mod" achievement. At least not for me. It did fix the "Download a Mod" and "Play a Mod" achievement.

Also, on the topic of whether this is cheating, I have legitimately earned "We Are Family" multiple times and not gotten the achievement, so when that gets fixed, I will probably download a save to get *the credit I deserve*. Other than situations like that, I generally disapprove of this, but to each their own.

I will admit that the scenario achievements irritate me because they require me to play in Vanilla. I would gladly earn all those achievements were it not for that. I did earn all the Mongolian scenario achievements, and a few of the Conquest of the New World ones, but I just can't bear vanilla anymore. So this is tempting for that.

I will admit that the scenario achievements irritate me because they require me to play in Vanilla. I would gladly earn all those achievements were it not for that. I did earn all the Mongolian scenario achievements, and a few of the Conquest of the New World ones, but I just can't bear vanilla anymore. So this is tempting for that.

I'm sure it must be possible now. I'm trying out a few multiplayer games to try and score multiple achievements, I discovered that multiplayer allows all players to score achievements, to try and aim for more vanilla ones in G+K.

OK guys, with the latest patch, does it fix the Connoisseur (Rate a Mod) Steam achievement? How do I unlock this? I have all the Steam achievements expect for this one. Please help!

Thanks!

Hello,

I would like to point out another action that will prevent you from get achievements, and that I suggest to inlude in the OP.

After playing my first game with G&K, I noticed that I have not unlocked any new achievement, and I should have. But, at the same time, I could unlock achievements playing other games and the savegames from this post.

After some research, I found out that if you use Firetuner (from Civ V SDK) to change anything in your game, from that moment on your game (the game you're playing, not the game installation) is not eligible to get achievements anymore.

It doesn´t matter if you just used Firetuner during 1 turn, saved the game, exited the game, disabled it and returned. Any modification using Firetuner seems to block the unlock of any achievement.

As I used it in my first turn to add 1 extra resource near my capital, I just played the entire game without getting anything towards achievements, and only learned that at the end.

Best regards,

I would like also to confirm that the France savegame for the Spain/Incan scenario worked fine for me. I was able to get the achievements.

The others really don't work, as stated in the OP.

I was playing with all DLC turned on.

Hello,

THe savegame Option_SmokySkiesWin.Civ5Save for Empires of the Smoky Skies is not working for me. It is not possible to win the Scenario.

When you load the game, you have 3 Titles. But when you click Next Turn, you lose one of the Titles, the one about the Wonders. Initially your count is 5 wonders, and then after the next turn, your count is 3.

Best regards,

Hello,

I just tested all the savegames in the original post, and can confirm that the following ones are not working as of December 2012:

1) New World Scenario. As stated in the OP, they are bugged. However, as noted by user joncnunn, if can get the achievemnts if you keep going "next turn" until the counter runs out.

Below is the number of turns you need to skip in order to get the achievemnts using the save games in the OP. I particularly won´t do the ones with too many turns to skip.

Siglo de Oro (Win the New World Scenario as Spain) 28 turns to skip
Tea and Crumpets for Everyone (Win the New World Scenario as England) 5 turns to skip
Macho Picchu (Win the New World Scenario as the Incas) 55 turns to skip
Huitzilopochtli's Arrow (Win the New World Scenario as the Aztecs) 38 turns to skip
League of Extraordinary Hoyanehs (Win the New World Scenario as the Iroquois) 15 turns to skip
Tout le Monde Francophone? (Win the New World Scenario as France) 1 turns to skip This explains why it worked for me in the original try.

Optional saves from DoonhamerLFC (post #390):

Doony_monty_COTNW
You'll have to issue a couple of commands :3 but should pop after you end the turn
Huitzilopochtli's Arrow(Win the New World Scenario as the Aztecs.) [0.4%]

Doony_Elizabeth_COTNW
End Turn
Tea and Crumpets for Everyone (Win the New World Scenario as England.) [0.5%]

Doony_Isabella_COTNW
End Turn
Siglo de Oro (Win the New World Scenario as Spain.) [0.6%]

Doony_Hiawatha_COTNW
End Turn
League of Extraordinary Hoyanehs (Win the New World Scenario as the Iroquois.) [0.4%][0.6%][/QUOTE]

2) Empires of the Smoky Skies. The savegame Option_SmokySkiesWin.Civ5Save for Empires of the Smoky Skies is not working for me. It is not possible to win the Scenario. When you load the game, you have 3 Titles. But when you click Next Turn, you lose one of the Titles, the one about the Wonders. Initially your count is 5 wonders, and then after the next turn, your count is 3.

Modern Major-General (Win the Empires of the Smoky Skies scenario) (added: The Massacrerer_Modern_Major-General.Civ5Save --> End the Turn)

3) The FeiLing_FoY-Explorer.Civ5Save seems not be working towards the natural wonders achievements. Loading it many times does not increase the counter in the achievements log (I know that I must exit the game for the log to update). Hence, the following achievement is not possible:

The Explorer (Discover 100 Natural Wonders) (added: anmattos_Natural-Wonders-Hunter.Civ5Save --> Select the Sattelites technology and you´ll discover 7 natural wonders. Load the game and repeat the process as much as necessary)

4) Yoink! The criteria for the following achievement has changed, and therefore the included savegame does not work anymore.

Yoink! (As Austria, acquire a City-State with 15 or more units through Diplomatic Marriage) (added: FeiLing_GK_Yoink-Austria.Civ5Save --> Go to the top left corner of the map and assimilate (annex or puppet) the city-state of Kathmandu through Diplomatic Marriage)

Best regards,

Hello,

This is a list of achievements that are not included the original post, and that in my opinion the savegames could be added:

Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka (Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Ramesses II) (added: anmattos_Ramesses.Civ5Save --> End the Turn)
Arabian Knights (Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Harun al-Rashid) (added: Beria-ArabianKnights-Culture.Civ5Save --> End the Turn)
Empire of the East (Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Ramkhamhaeng) (added: Beria-EmpireotEast-ScienceDiplo.Civ5Save --> Put the last piece of the spaceship for a science victory, or end the turn to vote in the UN.)
A Woman's Work (Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Wu Zetian) (added: Beria-AWoman'sWork-Domination.Civ5Save --> Conquer Copenhagen)
Rising Sun (Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Oda) (added: Beria-RisingSun-ScienceDiplomacy.Civ5Save --> Put the last piece of the spaceship for a science victory, or end the turn to vote in the UN.)
Montezuma's Revenge… (Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Montezuma) (added: Doony_monty_COTNW --> End the turn.)
Consequently you achieve this:
Master of the Universe (Beat the game on any difficulty setting with each leader)

Lux Perpetua Luceat Eis (Fully Explore the Piety Policy Track) (added: anmattos_Piety.Civ5Save --> Select the last policy)
Master of the House (Fully Explore the Tradition Policy Track) (added: anmattos_Tradition.Civ5Save --> Select the last policy)
Money Doesn't Grow on Trees (Fully Explore the Commerce Policy Track) (added: anmattos_Commerce.Civ5Save --> Select the last policy)
Eighty-Eight Miles per Hour (Fully Explore the Rationalism Policy Track) (added: anmattos_Rationalism.Civ5Save --> Select the last policy)
Freedom Isn't Free (Fully Explore the Freedom Policy Track) (added: anmattos_Freedom.Civ5Save --> Select the last policy)
Consequently you achieve this:
Enlightened Ruler (Unlock all Social Policies, across any number of playthroughs)

Arab Trader (Trade a luxury resource to another Civ that you earned through a city with a Bazaar) (added: anmattos_Arab-Trader.Civ5Save --> Contact India and give Salt)
Gardens of Lake Texcoco (Build a Floating Garden in a city with a lake tile in its radius) (added: anmattos_Gardens-of-Lake-Texcoco.Civ5Save --> End the turn)
Riddle of the Sphinx (Rush a wonder as Egypt with a Great Engineer) (added: anmattos_Riddle-of-the-Sphinx.Civ5Save --> Use the GE to rush Wonder in the Capital)
Kamikaze Attack (Kill an enemy unit attacking with a Japanese unit with just 1 HP remaining) (added: AndraBullar_Kamikaze-Attack.Civ5Save --> Use the Samurai to attack the Pikeman)
All Roads Lead to Rome (Build a road with a Roman Legion) (added: anmattos_All-Roads-Lead-to-Rome.Civ5Save --> End the turn)
Sun Tzu's Art of War (As Wu Zetian, earn a Great General through battle) (added: anmattos_Art of War.Civ5Save --> End the turn)
Barbarian Warlord (As Bismarck, convert the Barbarians from 10 camps to your side) (added: anmattos_Barbarian Warlord.Civ5Save --> Use the active units to attack the 10 Barbarian camps. Load the game and repeat as necessary.)
Bolt and Arrow (Build Statue of Zeus and Temple of Artemis in the same city) (added: Barricade_Bolt_and_Arrow.Civ5Save --> End the turn)
Rest in Gold Pieces (Gain 1000 gold from expended Great People with the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus across any number of playthroughs) (added: anmattos_Rest-in-Gold-Pieces.Civ5Save --> Spend the 10 Gtreat People: 3 GP, 3GE, 1 GG, 1 GA, 2 GA)

The following achievements I don´t see how to include in a savegame:

The Wonder Years (Build all the Wonders, across any number of playthroughs)
Model of a Modern Major-General (Train all Units, across any number of playthroughs)

Those are easy to achieve alone, but could be listed in the OP:

Last Man Standing (Win any Multiplayer Match) (added: Beria-LastManStanding.Civ5Save --> Conquer Honolulu)
Download the savegame into the following folder (since this is a multiplayer save is saved in a different folder):
C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\multi
In the Main Menu, go to Multiplayer, Internet -> host game -> in the bottom there is a small "load game" button.

Experimenter (Play a game with a Mod)
Expansionist (Download a Mod)
Connoisseur (Rate a Mod) (achievement is bugged, as of this date)

Those are grinding achievements, that could be included in a savegame for some credit towards it. Some of them are already in savegames in the OP.

Land Baron (Purchase 1000 tiles, across any number of playthroughs)
Here Ends the Noble Savage (Raze 100 Barbarian camps, across any number of playthroughs)
The Appian Way (Build 1000 roads, across any number of playthroughs)
Forty-Niner (Build 1000 mines, across any number of playthroughs)
Merchant King (Trade 100 resources, across any number of playthroughs)
Paul Bunyan (Chop down 1000 forest tiles, across any number of playthroughs)
God Is Great (Construct 1000 Temples, across any number of playthroughs)

Best regards,

Attached save should be good for Bolt and Arrow - alas it requires G&K.

Barricade_Bolt_and_Arrow.Civ5Save

Worked Great. Thanks.

What exactly does getting all of the absolutely stupid 'achievements' in this game earn you, other than a 'yippee look at me ain't I cool'?

Top Bottom