Aaaargh. Gandhi converted my Holy City

Convict

Warlord
That in itself is hardly enough to get annoyed about. However. It was the turn that I completed Borabadur.

So instead of 3 missionaries of my own faith, I ended up with 3 Hindu missionaries.

Good luck with that m8. Hopefully you get inquistors from your religious cities.

I only had three cities and none of them had the religion. I did have one of my own missionaries (born the turn before the holy city was converted) so I have been able to convert on of my small cities (I only have 3) and get an inquisitor.

Give it time for the followers of your old religion to regenerate their faith. After awhile, at least 1 or 2 followers of your old religion will revive.

Hilarious, unfortunate but hilarious. Reload save?
You can station units around your city to block his prophet

I'm more annoyed I have 3 prophets which aren't much use. Okay after getting my Inquisitor, I converted my other two cities to Hnduism to get a pagoda before I converted them back.

I don't often try for this wonder so I was a bit unprepared.

i remember when i was next to gandhi and before he could pump out tons of great prophets and missionaries i silenced him by converting his holy and only religious city :smug::whew:

The most annoying thing is when you don't have any cities left following your own religion. You can't produce any inquisitors or missionaries in that time. You have to wait for a GP, and then burn him on reconverting your cities. But I agree that you should definitely take advantage of getting the buildings while you can, as they are awesome.

Come to think of it, if would be nice if there was a way to request for a city to get "infected" with a certain religion so that you can buy that building and then convert it back.

Sorry, but the timing is really funny.

Losing your religion empire wide can happen. One thing to keep in mind though: Any GPr you generate will be of your religion. Even if the city where the GPr spawns is following a foreign religion. In the Renaissance and earlier eras, while GPr spawns are subject to RNG, you will be okay. After the Industrial Era, you cannot faith purchase GPr except in cities following your faith, so that can be a very difficult situation.

Your Holy City can still build Grand Temple even when it is not following your religion. Once you get that, you can depend on it re-converting. But that might not last, so you want to have faith on hand to buy a GPr as soon as you can.

Filling out Piety also gets you a GPr in your cap. If you have faith stored up, immediately buy a second GPr and over the next four turns, convert the seven cities closest to your cap. You will have no more problems!

That in itself is hardly enough to get annoyed about. However. It was the turn that I completed Borabadur.

So instead of 3 missionaries of my own faith, I ended up with 3 Hindu missionaries.

Architect: "So what we need here is a great big stupa, taking the form of a tantric mandala, and decorated with Gupta Art, showing the kamdhatu, rupadhatu, arupadhatu, agreat big statue of Siddhartha Gautaama and... are you listening here?"
Cowboy Builder: "Gupta Art, Big Statue got it."

'Later' in the Gupta Empire, via the tardis.

Cowboy Builder: "Gupta Art, please. Religious variety."
Maharaja: "Religious art, got it. We got a great big statue of Krishna displaying his Vishvarupta for our Hindus, and we've got a representation of the four noble truths for our Buddhists."
Cowboy Builder: "Let me check the list. Big statue. That one."

It was sort of funny looking back though I wasn't highly amused at the time.

As it was India lost their Holy city but still had the GP floating around in my territory to convert any of my cities.

Top Bottom