Is this even possible

To resolve the speculation about whether Assyria beelined to Collective Rule (which is likely the case), the OP should go to Global Politics screen and report back what policies Assyria adopted.

Ok i have played on since then. So cannot give you an accurrate position about when exactly it happened. But:

Spoiler :

And the current state of play:

Spoiler :

I am at war with Ashy (fairly predictable). I think my current plan is probably defend and then burn his 2 cities once i hit gun powder/cannons.

He did go Liberty, which confirms the best theory about how he popped those cities out so quickly.

You shouldn't need cannons or gunpowder units to take his cities. Your tech rate is low for turn 133, and the screenie doesn't show what you are currently researching, but if you are reasonably close to Machinery, 5 upgraded X-bows and 3 pikes should be able to take his satellite cities, provided you don't wait too long.

holy...the CS already has longswords, be aware if Asur buys Wellington.

I agree that he probably went for the settler policy, with a culture ruin. Didn't realize that immortal doesn't give free settler....hill cities are a bit hard to take but Nineveh is totally possible with surrounding XBs. Did you just get to Civil Service?

Allying Wellington would be a good plan. Not only will Welly's units help threaten Nineveh, but they might conquer Tyre for you (you already have ivory in your borders, so their luxury is useless to you).

AI does not cheat. They follow the rules, just like us. Only they get some bonuses, depending on the level. Getting a bonus is not cheating.

Agreeing to the cheats doesn't make it any less cheating.

Such a sucky city placement... that's why I respect Shoshone's AI, good ol' Pocahontas knows how to settle properly (most of the time he does). I'd burn Nimrud ASAP just to teach him a lesson.

I disagree with the city placement. They obtained a different resource for every city they got. While I don't like the distance, I do see the advantage of it.

Where did anyone say they agreed to the cheats? Folks have compared it to bonuses or handicaps.

Just because you think it's cheating doesn't mean it's cheating.;)

Cheating is breaking the rules to get an unfair advantage. If you grant your opponents bonuses to make up for a lack of skill, experience or brain and your opponent uses the bonuses that you granted him and doesn't violate the rules that were agreed upon before starting the game, then that's by definition not cheating.

According to the Merriam Webster Dictionary, there are 3 definitions of the verb “cheat”:
1: to deprive of something through fraud or deceit
2: to practice fraud or trickery
3: to violate rules (as of a game) dishonestly

The AI having bonuses at certain levels 1) isn’t depriving something through fraud or deceit, 2) isn’t practicing fraud or trickery, and 3) doesn’t dishonestly violate the rules of the game (in fact, these bonuses ARE the rules of the game). Please desist in referring to the AI receiving level bonuses at “cheating” as this is clearly not the case.

Top Bottom