How can a scout move 3 tiles or more?

ZooBooBooZoo

Chieftain
Hi all,

I've noticed in some of MadDjinn's videos that his scouts can go more than two tiles per turn. I tried to duplicate the >2 movment in various way but couldn't make it.
how does he do it?

here'a video (24:28) where's his scout moves 3 tiles...

http://youtu.be/uR0zxOO2T18?t=24m8s

Natural wonder mt Kilimanjaro gives altitude training promotion. Scout with that can move 4 tiles on hills

You can see in the Scout's promotions the mountain icon, which means it passed the natural wonder Mt Kilimanjaro, granting it extra movement in hills.

I addition to Mt. Kilimanjaro (which is what happened here), the Scouting III promotion provides +1 movement.

Which means a Scout with Altitude Training and 3 scouting promotions would have +2 visibility range and could cross 6 consecutive hill tiles on a single turn.

^ agreed. Although most scouts can't get up to scouting III

But we can have Incans on Altitude Training :D

Additionally, if you're playing Persia, their special ability (UA?) allows them extra movement during Golden Ages. I was really confused watching an LP where workers were suddenly moving 3 tiles, before I did some Googling.

So, adding that to Browd's info above, a scout could get across 8 mountain tiles in a single turn!

Additionally, if you're playing Persia, their special ability (UA?) allows them extra movement during Golden Ages. I was really confused watching an LP where workers were suddenly moving 3 tiles, before I did some Googling.

So, adding that to Browd's info above, a scout could get across 8 mountain tiles in a single turn!

And Denmark has Persia beat in this regard, all units from Denmark that start a turn embarked retain their embarked MP for the remainder of the turn.

An embarked unit with Steam Power + Exploration Opener + Great Light House starts with 6 MP. Adding that to the Mountain Training, that's disembark + 10 hill tiles in one turn!

I played a game not too long ago as the Zulus and Mt. Kilimanjaro was close to me. Needless to say my Impis were unstoppable.

Top Bottom