The most Glorious Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea is going to launch a satallite

I think they like to keep the pressure on, just so that outsiders continue to take them seriously. But I don't think anyone wants a war.

yeahh it was prognoticied of a possibly reunification in 10 to 20 years in the future, all awaiting self collapse of corrupt northern regime to avoid casualities

South Korea is having a fund ongoing to be able to finance the building of the North after reunification

China, Nks former friend, also announced they are definately welcoming korean reunification

Korea wont be as whole bringing new freedom crisis to the region as it was more likely the case in the German Reunification.

Why: Korea never attacked neighbouring nations. Korea is definately the most peacefull nation you can have on Earth.

Why: Korea never attacked neighbouring nations. Korea is definately the most peacefull nation you can have on Earth.

The Republic of Korea (the legitimate government) is a peaceful nation, the DPRK, on the other hand, would destroy the South if they thought they could get away with it. (I take it your from Korea).

The divide between North and South Korea really goes to show you the difference between Communism and Capitalism. I really hope they will be United soon. I've read a lot about the sufferings of the North Koreans, and want it to end.

The divide between North and South Korea really goes to show you the difference between Communism and Capitalism.

I'm certainly a proponent of capitalism , however , and I'm sure more erudite posters will fill in the details for me , the North Korean set up does not represent a model for a communist society . Sure , it lacks a free market but that's about it.

I'm certainly a proponent of capitalism , however , and I'm sure more erudite posters will fill in the details for me , the North Korean set up does not represent a model for a communist society . Sure , it lacks a free market but that's about it.

I understand, but they don't seem to be able to point to any society that is the "real" Communist society.

yepp but also historically seen as Korea was Choson dynasty. In comparison german unifification has been seen more skeptically if it would be useful to maintain peace. While in korean unification almost no fear having it unified. More than that, it would bring in more peace to the region. Im Southkorean but my family immigrated to Germany, living there.

MajKira said:
North Korea is believed to have more than 1,000 missiles of varying capabilities, including long-range missiles which could one day strike the US.

The North Korean missile technology is not even close to being able to deliver a payload of any consequence even to the Aleutian Islands, which are thousands of miles from Hawaii and the Western US coastline. Only US neo-cons think DPRK is an immediate threat to the US.

Also, don't you agree that a nation that has ~1,000,000 strong army is not exactly the most peaceful nation on earth? I'd vote for Costa Rica, which has... 0 soldiers.

Also, don't you agree that a nation that has ~1,000,000 strong army is not exactly the most peaceful nation on earth? I'd vote for Costa Rica, which has... 0 soldiers.

yepyep, NOT most peaceful truly. But considered most peacefull in the region throuout history.

South Korea has to maintain an army of that size, considering the fact that they have a crazy northern neighbor that is still technically at war with them.

I was thinking India would be the most peaceful. I thought India has never invaded another country.

India never invading anybody else? WHAT?

Most of their neighbors at some time in history. Plus they have had a couple kerfuffles with Pakistan over the years, backed by nuclear weapons!

Most of their neighbors at some time in history. Plus they have had a couple kerfuffles with Pakistan over the years, backed by nuclear weapons!

So you're saying India invaded Persia and China. I have never heard of either of this before, and would like to learn more.

edit: how on earth did I say Pakistan when I meant India? I am truly losing my mind.:crazyeye:

How on Earth did he say Pakistan invaded Persia and China?

How on Earth did he say Pakistan invaded Persia and China?
I believe he's saying that just because Indians have fought with other people in the area does not mean that the country of India has ever invaded anyone. If you apply the historical argument, than Pakistan has invaded China and Persia. I don't agree with this comment because Celtic said that Indians have been fighting each other for three millenia and Oldschool's response was that they haven't invaded anybody (in that 3 millenia I would assume) which means that the modern application of the comment is irrelevant.

yepyep, NOT most peaceful truly. But considered most peacefull in the region throuout history.

South Korea has to maintain an army of that size, considering the fact that they have a crazy northern neighbor that is still technically at war with them.

That million-man army reference is for DPRK, not ROK.

And I wouldn't call DPRK crazy. Crazy rarely lasts. These guys are certainly playing by different rules, but there are indeed rules. They've found a set that works for them. Calling them crazy is to underestimate them.

with China reformed now, NK is the very last kommunist regime isolated

Is someone forgetting the communist government in America ?

Top Bottom