Caveman 2 Cosmos

With the NEW SVN, i start with 3 civs, and within 200 turns, the civs are past 8 civs, and climbing . . so do beware of this . . .

New SVN? I used the build linked in the OP dunno if that is the most current. I started as minor civ myself. I just started and I am still a bit overwhelmed by the slew of options and how customizable all is but I love it, so meaty I have to dig into it :)

What would you suggest in terms of pace options and map size?

New SVN? I used the build linked in the OP dunno if that is the most current. I started as minor civ myself. I just started and I am still a bit overwhelmed by the slew of options and how customizable all is but I love it, so meaty I have to dig into it :)

What would you suggest in terms of pace options and map size?

SVN: Link

It is always the most current version, it is updated very frequently (daily-ish), though some revisions (versions) of it may be unstable.
It is not automatically updated on your end, that must be done manually, but it's quite easy.

Speed: aim for the middle to begin with.
Size: Huge-Giant

Gigantic size can only be played past medieval era if you activate viewport; this can be done in game. it is a feature that limits the size of the map that is loaded at any one time, but it's a bit clunky to use.

Thanks for the headsup :)
I dont mind if it takes 5 minutes to process a turn as long as it actually works and does not outright crash :)

I normally used CFF explorer to set the flag for large adress awareness. I am aware that it only let it use the register of the full 32 bit adress space and not the whole 8 gig but with something as heavily modded every bit counts :)

I think I will go with 15 civs to start and slowly up it if things work smoothly. Now all left to decide is what gamespeed to use since I have no sense of scale I tend to opt for Eternity but I might fall flat on my face.

Pleas use Marathon Game speed as this is better scaled. Snail if you think 4,000+ turns is not enough at 6,000+ turns. But Eternity at 14,000 turns badly warps the scale of the mod. Marathon will give you a better sense of the flow this mod has to offer.

Also as stated 15 AI is more than plenty especially if you think you Must have Revolutions on. (Much better though if REV is OFF if you want decent AI competition)

Map size no bigger than Huge as Gigantic also warps everything like Eternity game speed.

JosEPh

Pleas use Marathon Game speed as this is better scaled. Snail if you think 4,000+ turns is not enough at 6,000+ turns. But Eternity at 14,000 turns badly warps the scale of the mod. Marathon will give you a better sense of the flow this mod has to offer.

Also as stated 15 AI is more than plenty especially if you think you Must have Revolutions on. (Much better though if REV is OFF if you want decent AI competition)

Map size no bigger than Huge as Gigantic also warps everything like Eternity game speed.

JosEPh

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice. I went with 15 civs / huge / Marathon for now.

A good policy is not to have both BarbarianCiv and BarbarianWorld at the same time.

Revolutions is not the only thing that increases the number of civs in the game BarbarinCiv does also. Barbarian cities known of by a number of nations may become a nation when they get beyond a certian size. All defined in the BUG options.

Revolutions is not the only thing that increases the number of civs in the game BarbarinCiv does also. Barbarian cities known of by a number of nations may become a nation when they get beyond a certian size. All defined in the BUG options.

I will have to see. One thing that I noted is that one has a ton of building options early on but research is quite fast on marathon. Will this balance out so one can at one time even closely catch up or will this pace stay the way it is.

I am less then 100 turns in so this might be a bit premature, I am not judging since I have to play further to get a better grasp, just curious since I am the kind of player that tries to build as much as one can.

There are more buildings than you can possible build in every city. The mod is designed that way because many of us are builders.

There is some work underway to streamline the buildings so that you don't have to build prehistoric buildings when you settle a new city in the middle ages. It is a work in progress and will take time and much discussion.

There are more buildings than you can possible build in every city. The mod is designed that way because many of us are builders.

There is some work underway to streamline the buildings so that you don't have to build prehistoric buildings when you settle a new city in the middle ages. It is a work in progress and will take time and much discussion.

Thanks for the information again. It is kinda like Vanilla Civs, In Civ 5 as well as civ 5 I generally made research 3 times slower to be able to actually accomodate to the slew of options available but in civ 5 you easily hit a celling due to a overflow.

I will continue to play one game with the mod as is though so I am able to judge how this affects the mod as a whole.

Edit: I sunk so much time into this mod already, I practically stopped playing anything else at this point. My whole contingent of gaming times goes into this. So much content so well thought out I LOVE IT!

Question: is recompiling the whole mod (dll) the only way to add/modify building filters?
I would like to add "hide polluting buildings" and "hide buildings increasing "crime/flammation", or at least replace FILTER_HIDE_UNHEALTHINESS/FILTER_HIDE_UNHAPPINESS with above.

BTW: Thanks for an really AWESOME mod!:)

Hi there, greetings from germany.

I downloaded v36 some days ago

Now i get an Error every Turn
"Error in EndPlayerTurn event handler <bound method BarbarianCiv.onEndPlayerTurn of <BarbarianCiv.BarbarianCiv instance at 0x6957D9E0"

i reckon there is a barbarian city which want to grow to a civ.

Game is going, but maybe i can help to hunt the bug.;)

Hello,I have trouble with mod. I play "Giant Earth Map - 5 civs" for China and some units constantly changing their view. For example,gatherer looks like worker from original Civilization, but when I click on him, it transformed in girl. Also, a horse or a pig as a knight,deer as horse archer, the same problem with tracker,wise woman.
Spoiler :

What is it?Thanks for help.

Turn on animations in the options (Ctrl-O) graphics tab. When animations are off the engine displays the graphics for the unit that was used to originally define/build the unit from.

Version 36
23 Oct 15

where is the download package?
need the last version of past year because with new svn the F1 no longer working.

can't find a workinglink for the Version 36 / 23 Oct 15

the dowload link gives me a zip w/o any file in /user settings.
and after start game I have the map but no interface ingame
zip is 959.029 KB

Version 36
23 Oct 15

need the last version of past year because with new svn the F1 no longer working.

zip is 959.029 KB

I think a play now session cleans up some of the mess you are experiencing;
but here, take my user settings.

Attachments

• UserSettings.7z
    25.3 KB · Views: 73
Version 36
23 Oct 15

zip is 959.029 KB

All Official release versions since v33 have had No files in the User Setting Folder. You either saved your last User settings before you updated and then replaced the Empty one with your old one.

Or do as Toffer suggested. Do a Play Now game and on turn 0 (1st turn) go into BUG Scrteen and Set all the settings to what you want. Then Save game and then Save game again (Double save and click Ok to Overwrite). This Locks down your settings in the User settings Folder. Quit the Play Now game and then Start a New Custom game. Select the Game Set Up Options (these have changed) to what you want to play with, Map you desire to use, and then Play your New Custom game.

If you do these steps your "problems" will go away.

JosEPh :)

Do as Toffer suggested. Do a Play Now game and on turn 0 (1st turn) go into BUG Scrteen and Set all the settings to what you want. Then Save game and then Save game again (Double save and click Ok to Overwrite).

Quit the Play Now game and then Start a New Custom game. Select the Game Set Up Options (these have changed) to what you want to play with, Map you desire to use, and then Play your New Custom game.

If you do these steps your "problems" will go away.

JosEPh :)

Before updating again.

Save your Setting file to the BTS/mods folder that is above Caveman2Cosmos. When you upgrade again (via SVN - copy it back into the updated Caveman2Cosmos folder.)

Before updating again.

Save your Setting file to the BTS/mods folder that is above Caveman2Cosmos. When you upgrade again (via SVN - copy it back into the updated Caveman2Cosmos folder.)

This would be the normal procedure but driefel's User settings are a Mess. So he needs to do the procedure I laid out. Then in subsequent updates do as you have posted to Keep a viable User settings Folder.

JosEPh ;)

Top Bottom