Quick Questions and Answers

You can send a unit into the citadel and pillage the citadel (generates a bit of gold, heals the unit +25 HP and makes the citadel inoperative (no more -30 HP damage effect, until Harald repairs the citadel).

Yes, you can claim the citadel for yourself if you conquer the city that "owns" the citadel tile. In that case, the citadel becomes your citadel, and enemy civs will experience the -30 HP damage effect. Alternatively, you can use your own Great General to "citadel-bomb" the citadel tile, which will also make that citadel your citadel.

EDIT: Derp, I should remember to read the past page of a thread before responding. @beetle, :goodjob:

Theater's name was changed to Zoo. Same prerequisite tech (Printing Press), prerequisite building (Colosseum) and maintenance cost (2 gpt), but one less happiness (2 happiness). Stadium also got its happiness nerfed (just 2 happiness in BNW).

Suspect the reason for the name change was to eliminate potential confusion with other buildings and wonders that have "theater" in their names and have Great Work slots, but that's just a theory.

Firstable I'd like to sorry if same questions have been already asked, but I couldn't find anything.

To the questions: Is there greek translation for civ5? For which languages were made translations besides official ones that we can see in game folders? And last question, can be workers animation (with shovels) added to some other military unit, f.e. rome legions have? Thank you very much

Btw is there a way for mods to stay active without reloading them all the time?
Sometimes i just feel like starting a new game a alot because iam not statisfied with the Map etc.

How do warmonger penalties work when you sell your captured cities immediately to an AI?

Also, what happens if you capture a city, then sell it for gold per turn but another AI captures it before the GPT deal is over? Will the deal still stand?

How do warmonger penalties work when you sell your captured cities immediately to an AI?

Also, what happens if you capture a city, then sell it for gold per turn but another AI captures it before the GPT deal is over? Will the deal still stand?

As far as I can tell, warmonger penalties apply on city capture. I don't think selling off your ill-gotten gains would improve your standing with your opponents.

In general, any time a portion of a deal becomes invalid, the entire deal is canceled. Most commonly this would be having a resource you're selling pillaged. That said, you are no longer the owner of the city in your example, the transfer is a one time event just like if you sold a lump sum of gold for gold per turn. The GPT would continue for its duration unless you went to war against your trading partner.

Is there a link that would explain in detail how the BNW trade route / money system really works?

I don't seem to understand just how to optimize the money output, to which city build the East India Company, and how resource diversity actually works in practice.
Also, what else apart from the EIC can you do to lure AIs to send you trade routes?

A completely different question: If you capture a city and sell it on right away, will it affect the 'sales price' if you first sell one of the buildings in the city?

No, lake victories doesn't count as a fresh water tile.

It does qualify as fresh water, for purposes of farming adjacent hills and getting the Civil Service boost from farms on adjacent tiles. It is not a lake for purposes of, e.g., the Aztec Floating Gardens.

I know this is a noobish question but, how would you know if a CS's resources have already been "depleted"?

In a game as Venice with just 2 cities, I was looking for Coal to build Factories. So far the only CS that have an improved Coal is Jerusalem and it's ally Morocco, which have one unimproved Coal tile. I decided I'd just Puppet Lhasa and get my Coal from Jerusalem via alliance (it only have one copy of a Luxury, which is banned, making it unappealing). When I payed Jerusalem, I didn't receive any Coal!

I waited a turn and it's still the same. Since Lhasa is just near Jerusalem I moved the unused Merchant to buy Jerusalem and there I confirmed that indeed the Coal was gone. I haven't seen Morocco establish an Ideology yet but maybe Ahmad already have Factories in his Production Queue. I checked all the tooltips for the CS but I don't see any indications that the items are already consumed.

I know this is a noobish question but, how would you know if a CS's resources have already been "depleted"?

In a game as Venice with just 2 cities, I was looking for Coal to build Factories. So far the only CS that have an improved Coal is Jerusalem and it's ally Morocco, which have one unimproved Coal tile. I decided I'd just Puppet Lhasa and get my Coal from Jerusalem via alliance (it only have one copy of a Luxury, which is banned, making it unappealing). When I payed Jerusalem, I didn't receive any Coal!

I waited a turn and it's still the same. Since Lhasa is just near Jerusalem I moved the unused Merchant to buy Jerusalem and there I confirmed that indeed the Coal was gone. I haven't seen Morocco establish an Ideology yet but maybe Ahmad already have Factories in his Production Queue. I checked all the tooltips for the CS but I don't see any indications that the items are already consumed.

CS resources don't get depleted in the way your own resources get used. What you observed is a consequence of the CS not having researched Industrialization, and therefore does not recognize that it has coal. You can see it has coal, but the CS is ignorant of that fact.

If the coal tile was unimproved, you could gift 200 gold to the CS and improve the coal, but since the CS already had a mine on that tile, you have to wait until the CS researches coal, or steal the coal tile with a Great General.

I have no idea what you mean by "Since Lhasa is just near Jerusalem I moved the unused Merchant to buy Jerusalem and there I confirmed that indeed the Coal was gone."

CS resources don't get depleted in the way your own resources get used. What you observed is a consequence of the CS not having researched Industrialization, and therefore does not recognize that it has coal. You can see it has coal, but the CS is ignorant of that fact.

It already have a mine on it but yeah maybe they haven't researched Industrialization yet. However, the lack of prerequisite tech can't seem to explain not getting the coal when I actually puppeted the CS.

I just loaded an earlier save, puppeted Lhasa and left Jerusalem on it's own. I found another source of Coal that I overlooked, I'll try having that other CS improve it.

Make sure the puppeted CS's mine tile actually has a completed mine on it. The graphic for an unfinished mine can be misleading -- check the tooltip for that tile.

Make sure the puppeted CS's mine tile actually has a completed mine on it. The graphic for an unfinished mine can be misleading -- check the tooltip for that tile.

I usually play in strategic view so I can see it's done. I've just finished searching through the forum and it appears to be a common problem. It seems that improvements don't connect newly revealed resources. Paying them to improve resources they haven't improved yet seems to work fine though.

Top Bottom