Arioch's Analyst Thread

AriochIV

Colonial Ninja
I'm creating a new thread for this so we can stop gumming up Greg's Strategic View thread with screenshot analysis discussion.

I set up a Civilization V Analyst site so that I could post collections of screenshot- and video-culled data and analysis of it. The site has other stuff there too, but the images are the main thrust of the site.

If you have comments, suggestions or additions, feel free to use this thread. ;)

First comment-- great.
Second comment-- thank you.
Third comment-- I notice you speculate a bit about which unit the UUs will replace (and in the case of musketeers you state outright that they will replace musketmen). Have we ever been told that the UUs will be replacing regular units this time? Given that UUs are going to be really unique this time and not just regular units with little bonuses, I would actually guess that they won't.

Again, great site! I just wanted to suggest that under "civs" you have the 2 unknown DLC Civs listed as "D2D exclusive" while I somehow understood that it's just the first DLC included in the price, while other can purchase it later?

I'm creating a new thread for this so we can stop gumming up Greg's Strategic View thread with screenshot analysis discussion.

I set up a Civilization V Analyst site so that I could post collections of screenshot- and video-culled data and analysis of it. The site has other stuff there too, but the images are the main thrust of the site.

If you have comments, suggestions or additions, feel free to use this thread. ;)

Your civilization link is broken (should be http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ5_civilizations.html).

Awesome site, so much great info! Thanks again!

Thanks very much for the comments and the broken link correction.

Third comment-- I notice you speculate a bit about which unit the UUs will replace (and in the case of musketeers you state outright that they will replace musketmen). Have we ever been told that the UUs will be replacing regular units this time? Given that UUs are going to be really unique this time and not just regular units with little bonuses, I would actually guess that they won't.
We haven't been told this, but I think we have strong evidence of it. On the The French version of the tech tree that we see in the first gameplay video, the Musketeer is the only item under Gunpowder, appearing to have replaced the regular Musketman. It's true that I'm assuming that the Musketman is still under Gunpowder, but I think that's a pretty safe assumption.

Great Page Arioch!! :goodjob:

May I leave a suggestion? You could also put a Strategic map hex image in terrain types.

P.S. Plains now give 1 Food and 2 Hammer?? Where did you see that? (just asking to check it out, I'm not doubting!)

Hi Arioch!

Just a short remark:
The German leader will be "Otto von Bismarck" not "Otto Von Bismarck" :)

P.S. Plains now give 1 Food and 2 Hammer?? Where did you see that? (just asking to check it out, I'm not doubting!)

I'm fairly certain it should still be 1:1. In a lot of our pictures Civs are in a Golden Age which would give Plains a yield of 1:2.

However, Arioch comes up with stuff from vids that I didn't see so maybe that's changed and/or I'm just wrong.

And though I've said it before, love the site.:)

I'm fairly certain it should still be 1:1. In a lot of our pictures Civs are in a Golden Age which would give Plains a yield of 1:2.

However, Arioch comes up with stuff from vids that I didn't see so maybe that's changed and/or I'm just wrong.

And though I've said it before, love the site.:)

If that's not the case, then plains will be much more valuable then on previous versions!

I'm not a power-player, but I remember a production analysis document made for Civ3 that showed which squares were more valuable and powerful!

I always loved those documents and analysis!! The level of complexity and strategy in a Civ game is mind boggling! :crazyeye:

That's it, Greg? This means you won't fill in all the blanks? The second icon in the Philosophy tech in particular is bugging me. Looks like Arc de Triomphe but I don't get it's connection to Philosophy. It also reminds me of the artwork for The Sistine Chapel or Bach's Cathedral in CivIII though I don't recall which.

Edit: Second icon in Construction looks like The Great Wall.
Edit 2 (sorry still prodding): First icon in Acoustics looks to me like a grand organ in a Cathedral or something similar (e.g. Cathedral Building).

Nice work Arioch :goodjob:

One addition I have for you is that the "Glory of Rome" has as the effect that all buildings that have already been build in the Roman capital are 20% cheaper to build in other Roman cities. (Sorry, can't remember the source.)

I strongly suspect that some of the icons are for enabling one of the 10 social policy trees. The first one in Theology is similar to the art for the Piety Policy Tree (top row, 4th tree). The first icon in banking is similar to the Commerce tree (bottom right). It was stated that Tradition was the first policy tree available - not sure if it starts enabled, or is tied to an early tech.

In the image below, I think the trees are:

Top Row: Tradition, Liberty, Honor, Piety, Patronage
Bottom Row: Order, Autocracy, Freedom, Rationalism, Commerce

All of this is pure speculation, however :)

(Crappy image, I know - not sure of the original source)

Also: I suspect that the last icon in Education enables Research Pacts; and the last one in Currency enables Gold-trading.

Attachments

• SocPolicies.jpg
    SocPolicies.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,267
Top Bottom