An update from Firaxis about the Colonization patch

Hi, Dale!

Khm, err... is that by chance a super top secret thing,
related to something called Civi... ending with a number
more than 4 and less than 6...? ;)

No, but if it was would I be allowed to say? :)

The projects in question are for work, where I'm starting the process of getting a games dev studio going. :)

A game studio? Then by some coincidence we may meet one day, because I'm half way through a games degree and I might be sending a resume your way in a couple of years.

A game studio? Then by some coincidence we may meet one day, because I'm half way through a games degree and I might be sending a resume your way in a couple of years.

What major? We'll have artistry covered as we'll use in-house artists from the animation studio.

Seems like people left this game for good. I'm looking for some reactions to the patch - is the game worth playing now?

What major? We'll have artistry covered as we'll use in-house artists from the animation studio.

I'm doing the double degree at Swinburne, so that covers art, programming, design and a bit more. If you have been to eGames Expo in any of the last three years, then you would have recognised us by the red shirts.

Seems like people left this game for good. I'm looking for some reactions to the patch - is the game worth playing now?

It was already worth playing with AOD, which has pretty much all the firaxis patch's fixes in already, plus a load of other stuff too.

The projects in question are for work, where I'm starting the process of getting a games dev studio going.

Dale's Dev Studio, I must say that sounds interesting. Any specific direction for the studio, or just general game development?

Dale's Dev Studio, I must say that sounds interesting. Any specific direction for the studio, or just general game development?

Not exactly mine, just being run by me. :lol: The goals of the studio are whatever the owner tells me are the goals. :D

Uh..... that's called business. Blame the yanks and their capitalist model. :)

Uh..... that's called business. Blame the yanks and their capitalist model. :)

Ah, but the capitalist model itself is under pressure now with the worldwide crisis. Who knows, perhaps your owner will realize that in time and give you a free hand at least once "to see how it goes". :D

Capitalism isn't really under threat. The games industry in particular remains strong.

And on top of that, Dale lives in Australia, where the economy is not yet in official recession and the recession may not end up being that deep when it does hit.

Capitalism isn't really under threat. The games industry in particular remains strong.

And on top of that, Dale lives in Australia, where the economy is not yet in official recession and the recession may not end up being that deep when it does hit.

Huh, the only reason we're not "officially" in recession is due to our interest rates coming down to finally be on par with the rest of the world, and all the money K-Rudd has blown trying to prop up the economy.

Yes, I'm a frickin' Liberal! :p

Y'know, I think we have departed from the topic.

Our interest rates are only temporarily this low. As inflationary pressures increase, so will interest rates, and Rudd's stimulus packages haven't done anything to keep us out of recession since the first quarter with the stimulus still ended with negative growth (-0.5%).
What has kept us out of recession so far was the growth of Q3 2008, but it is very likely that we will be in official recession when Q1 2009 finishes and those growth figures are released.

That's ironic to say the least. And on top of that when I download the patch file from Firaxis and try to install it I get the error message "The setup has detected that no version of Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization is installed. This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed." It is installed and I've been playing it. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and still got the same error message (but I could still play the game -- ver 1.00). I originally downloaded the game from GameStop and have had no trouble playing the game since then. For some reason the patch doesn't recognize the GameStop download version of the game. Does anyone have a clue about how to get the patch to install? Thanks for any help.

CB

I have the same issue with my game that I got from an onlinestore. I surely hope they will fix this. Anyone know if you could patch it manually somehow?

Sadly I didn't find a place to contact support over at Firaxis site either, they don't list Colonization as one of the games now playing.

Huh, the only reason we're not "officially" in recession is due to our interest rates coming down to finally be on par with the rest of the world, and all the money K-Rudd has blown trying to prop up the economy.

Yes, I'm a frickin' Liberal! :p

Here here! I'm in Oz too and K-Rudd is indeed working hard at killing the economy...

I had the same issue when downloading the patch. Just use the auto-installer in the game.

Education is more reasonable now, and the REF doesn't seem to get as large. I didn't see any difference in horse costs, though. The patch makes the game considerably easier.

I wish some of the trade aspects would have been adjusted/fixed.

All of the Native tribes have at least 15k but are depleted rather quickly once you trade with them. Towards the end of the game when the tax rate is above 60% and the Indians have no more money it makes it very difficult to raise any further money. That's why I wish there was a custom house or something still in the game.

Official recession or not, stuff is messed up. I got so tired of hearing (particularly from the Fauxites) that we are not in a recession...even though everybody could read the numbers and see that the report released in the next 2 days would confirm it.

Top Bottom