God & Kings Screenshot Analysis

Calling all the troops!
(...)
5th screen:
Dido

what is the 5th screen she looks israelic never mind big fail of me its :

the queen of carthage!!!!!

Just Nitpicking a bit, but aren't we jumping to Dido too fast? ¿Couldn't she be Theodora as well? ¿Or has Justinian/Belisarius been confirmed? Of course, the fact Carthage appears in screenshoots, and not Byzantium makes a point for Dido.

I'd personally choose neither Dido (mytic) or Hannibal (more a general than a statesman). Hannibal's father, Hamilcar, would be my choice.

Just Nitpicking a bit, but aren't we jumping to Dido too fast? ¿Couldn't she be Theodora as well? ¿Or has Justinian/Belisarius been confirmed? Of course, the fact Carthage appears in screenshoots, and not Byzantium makes a point for Dido.
The file name of the screenshot (which is the same from all sources) is leader_dido.jpg. Both Dido and Theodora have been mentioned by name in previews.

Here's the unknown unit from the higher-res shot:

The icon looks like it could be a Mayan glyph, and you can see there's no Impi-style shield.

The shape of the head screams africa to me.

The civ color is light pink-dark green

Just Nitpicking a bit, but aren't we jumping to Dido too fast? ¿Couldn't she be Theodora as well? ¿Or has Justinian/Belisarius been confirmed? Of course, the fact Carthage appears in screenshoots, and not Byzantium makes a point for Dido=QUOTE]

Dido and Theodora have been confirmed as leaders and the screenshot was labeled as Dido, you can tell its Carthage due to the harbor. If that was Theodora I would be extremely disappointed

:crazyeye:
The file name of the screenshot (which is the same from all sources) is leader_dido.jpg. Both Dido and Theodora have been mentioned by name in previews.

D'oh! :crazyeye: Should have checked that! Looks it would be dido then :goodjob:

It's also quite clearly Carthaginian architecture and clothing, not to mention the Cothon behind her.

Yeah, and probably some purple.

I was reconstructing the icon while I found out it is much like the duck/rabbit image. If you search a face looking to the left, it feels african & if you sear a face looking to the right it is indeed mayan.
Anyways, this is the moderately accurate icon I made :

Attachments

• icon 01.png
    icon 01.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 510
I was reconstructing the icon while I found out it is much like the duck/rabbit image. If you search a face looking to the left, it feels african & if you sear a face looking to the right it is indeed mayan.
Anyways, this is the moderately accurate icon I made :

I can't even see one facing left. I suspect if you are in complete denial about Zulus not being in G&K it's pretty easy to see.

I know, but I think people are grasping at straws trying to find evidence of their inclusion.

I wasn't speaking exclusively of you. I've just been seeing a lot of people on the forum coming to a Zulu conclusion about a blurry, dim screen shot because it has a dark feathery head dress. They see what they want to see.

The green icon of those warriors is in the style of a Mayan hieroglyph, so yes, I'd say those are Mayan UUs. Could be Ethiopian, possibly but I doubt it.

Top Bottom