Resource icon

The Nobles' Club Bullpen: Second Cycle

I'm not sure about the differences. The 2 previous Highland like NC maps left me deep scars. The NC 6 was first attempt for Monarch level and failed because AI dow upon demands rejection. And after 3 tries, I have yet to finish my campaign there yet. And NC 20 featured an extremely late conquest for all my NC games except for space attempts. So, maybe I'll try this one again on Monarch again since normal Monarch setting is not challenging anymore. And I'm not willing to move the Emperor as 5 is coming out.

on highlands it's a bit tricky to get economy going, since it's mostly hills, but once you get alpha/curr it's funny.

@Amao
I think you should try 1-2 games at Emperor, you have such big gap in your favor on Monarchy that you certainly will succeed in 2 games and can go to CiV with knowing you can beat Emperor ;-)

@Amao
I think you should try 1-2 games at Emperor, you have such big gap in your favor on Monarchy that you certainly will succeed in 2 games and can go to CiV with knowing you can beat Emperor ;-)

Thanks for the encouragement. But I don't have to beat Emperor to approve anything. (I actually started an Emperor game sometime ago but stopped due to uncomfortable to the slower research speed than i used to have on lower levels. Friends were saying I was actually doing good in that game. :blush:) The fact is, i'm having fun with my spare time thanks to the NC hosts. I think that's good enough.

Thanks for the encouragement. But I don't have to beat Emperor to approve anything. (I actually started an Emperor game sometime ago but stopped due to uncomfortable to the slower research speed than i used to have on lower levels. Friends were saying I was actually doing good in that game. :blush:) The fact is, i'm having fun with my spare time thanks to the NC hosts. I think that's good enough.

fun is everything :goodjob:

I am a bit stalling lately too... CiV can't come soon enough!

So far this round we've exercised traits Cre, Exp, Fin, Imp, which to me means the next couple ought to involve some combination of Agg, Cha, Ind, Org, Phi, Pro, and Spi. I'm considering Boudicca (Agg/Cha) on a Global Highlands map; this has lots of hills, but isn't all land like Highlands. Any other suggestions? Relatively few people played Joao, which I assume is at least partly (maybe mostly) the immanent release of Civ 5, so there's relatively few of us to comment.

I started a Joao game, actually, but only last weekend. Summer is cutting into my playing time.

@stevoh: Sounds like a recipe for continued decline in how many people post! The number of people playing shouldn't matter too much. When I eventually play out Joao, I'd want to see what/how you did.

I hope i didn't offend you or anything, i know you put alot of work in these games. i'll post a short summary and a save during the week when i feel like it. I'd say ciV is the main reason that the fourm is thinner than usual though.Edit; i'm actually suprised that NC Joao is getting so few posts, welliam had about 5 pages like, then again welliam is a very popular leader.

well I admit I didnt liked the map script and a bit cheated with taking Noble save on Noble diff and finished it in early AD's with all out rush... maybe that could had impact on some people not posting

well I admit I didnt liked the map script and a bit cheated with taking Noble save on Noble diff and finished it in early AD's with all out rush... maybe that could had impact on some people not posting

I've been playing Joao on Emp, and am thinking about restarting on Monarch to make it a more pleasant game. :)

This will be NC Club's last game before Civ 5 yes? How about we find a leader everyone will want to play for a last big hoorah?

We talked a while back in the previous bullpen about the impact of Civ V. A few of us plan to stick around with Civ IV for a while -- in my case, current plan is to wait for
  1. Someone to write a Civ V strategy guide for me to learn from, and
  2. Me to master Monarch on Civ IV.
Nevertheless, picking "the most popular leader" for the next game has its charm. Suggestions?

Nevertheless, picking "the most popular leader" for the next game has its charm. Suggestions?

Hmmm. Popular for noble players...maybe:
1) Ramesses II - decent UU + shiny wonderbuilding
2) Aug Caesar - overpowered Praets + shiny wonderbuilding
3) Elizabeth - financial + philo seems pretty strong

cas

My vote goes for Liz. Fin/Phi for cottage spam cheese/monster bureau cap, Redcoats for cheesy draft war, stock exchange for cheesy corps abuse. Or Zara Yaqob for Oromos, although I'm not sure he's as popular as Liz.

What about julius ceasar, he's a popular leader with his 8 strength preats:lol: I wouldn't mind agustus though, he's better at wonderspaming. Are we going to continue the NC after CiV is released? I presume it will continue. I don't plan on buying ciV until i can at least master Emperor and win at least 3 times on immortal.

What about julius ceasar, he's a popular leader with his 8 strength preats:lol: I wouldn't mind agustus though, he's better at wonderspaming. Are we going to continue the NC after CiV is released? I presume it will continue. I don't plan on buying ciV until i can at least master Emperor and win at least 3 times on immortal.

does it mean you will never buy CiV? :lol:
just joking...
I admit I will buy CiV at release or close to it and definitely fall into it for some time, limiting my time for CIV.

We had JC in NC L if I remember correctly... with even gold in BFC... I have fresh memories of the game.

does it mean you will never buy CiV? :lol:
just joking...
I admit I will buy CiV at release or close to it and definitely fall into it for some time, limiting my time for CIV.

We had JC in NC L if I remember correctly... with even gold in BFC... I have fresh memories of the game.

I know what you mean, those levels are tough, and i still have to master monarch, but i'm ambitious. I'll Probably wait until my bday which is in november or Xmass for ciV. I only got Bts last November for my bday so i'm not going to hang it up asap when ciV comes out, i'll still play it.System specs for ciV is also an issue, i can handle min specs but not the reccomended ones. I do want to get the most out of IV.
I also remember that JC game, and the fact that i rushed 3 AI's with either warriors or preats and we then had to expand on an entire landmass.

Hello Nobles Club People! It's been a while since I've posted here since CIV hasn't been working. I just managed to fix it...

Anyways, I suggest we do a poll for the last game before CIV of all the leaders nominated. I'll personally second Julius Caesar, because I think he's one of the most popular leaders and praets! :D

I'd also like to suggest Elizabeth, since I believe she was the first game and has very interesting traits, UU, and UB. Plus not so ridiculously OP.

It would be nice to have a learning series for Civ 5 as well, as a sort of hands on way to figure out strategies, but I can understand sticking with Civ 4.

Top Bottom