TSL for BNW- Most fun civs to play and play with?

Polynesia sounds fun, I'll have the whole of Australia to myself!

Yes, Polynesia is incredibly fun on a TSL map. The start might be slow but once you get all the fish tiles improved you can spam settlers to claim all of oceania and even parts of asia and americas to yourself (if not all civs are present, I play a huge TSL earth map with 17 random AIs to keep the turn times acceptable).

I enjoy playing as America and China, and back before Brazil, the Inca were (and still are) incredible.

For europe I go as rome, greece or England. In africa/middle east I sometimes play Songhai and arabia.

I also customized a TSL map to make Venice start in Australia. I didn't play as them but the result was incredible.

Venice had the largest science output in the medieval era and had annexed ALL the city states on the Swahili Coast, and had practically wiped out the Zulu's except from one city, nobamba, which was landlocked within the venetian-south african kingdom. :D

That sounds awesome! I might just steal this idea and do the following:

Add in Venice where Sydney is and call it so, Recolour Venice to Green and Gold, add in Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide and then federate all the states as fast as possible :p

How do you people manually select your opponents in TSL Earth maps, or randomize them yet make them appear in the correct locations? I badly need this info as I'm currently making a world map and it'd save me quite a bit of work not having to do different versions of it (22 civs out of 43 on the map will mean at least three or four versions so that there's a good, varied mix of civs present). Do you have to make your map into a mod for this? I'd rather not do that as I'm not interested in modding, just making maps. Besides, having 43 civs on the map would make it way too crowded (it is 59x95). It's already unbalanced in many ways to play with 22 civs (announcement spam, impossible to build wonders reliably on the higher diffs).

Really love whoever mentioned leaving North America blank. Not only does this mean "old world" civs have a free continent to explore (making exploration matter) but also cuts down on the amount of civs. By only playing 12civs on Gedemons GIANT earth, I was able to finally finish a game without too much lag.

Top Bottom