Mt. Kilimanjaro

Lord Katana

Warlord
Just got a nasty surprise... Barb's also get its bonus :crazyeye:

might be old news... but it's sure was funny (albeit at the cost of an archer) ;)

I like it if the game surprises me! Better clear that barb camp that spawned one tile away from it.....

I would like to see a raging barbs map with a dozen(if not more!) of kilimanjaros placed strategically...interesting find, i will take note of this.

Very cool.

What does mt. Kilimanjaro do I haven't any of the new natural wonders yet except lake Victoria

What does mt. Kilimanjaro do I haven't any of the new natural wonders yet except lake Victoria

Altitude training buff that you'll see as little mountain icon for any unit that gets within one tile of Mt. K.

Unlike some other wonders, it's kinda a small mountain and easy to miss. First time I gt the buff I didnt even know it until noticed some while after one of my units was all zippy over hills.

Persian scout with this promotion can move 6 tiles. (all hills, golden age)

They need to fix Altitude Training. Double Movement is OP for anything that has more than 2 base movement (Scouts, Horses, etc... and all Incan units). Instead the malus for hill movement should just be removed for units with Altitude Training (basically what all Incan units have).
Sure Incans don't get anything then from Mt. Kilimanjaro then but that makes sense as their civ bonus is actually exactly Altitude Training (so they can't get it twice).

But actually I think it's super ******ed in the first place as A) it's a broken and annoying game mechanic and B) nobody needs a damn Kilimanjaro to do Altitude Training. Every other Mountain in the world will do fine enhancing your stamina... (see Inca and football teams like Ecuador) they just need to be highish and preferably also hot/wet.

I'd be happiest if it was removed altogether.

There should be a small random chance that it explodes causing nearby damage. Give it an extra bonus as compensation until it does.

I never noticed either. Seems weird that barbs get the benefit but no experience from combat or healing.

I am with the above posters- it is a token wonder. You should at least have to spend some time alongside it.

man, Kilimanjaro :crazyeye:

my first encounter with this crazy wonder (and within settling distance from capitol) really amazed me. i'd not seen this wonder, figured it was a new one, and read the "gives adjacent units promotion: Altitude Training"

i thought, okay. so this is just some kind of flavor addition, giving a unit a silly promotion while it's standing next to the Wonder. then i was amazed that the promotion was permanent when my scout moved away from it. then later that scout popped an advanced weapons hut, and became the most awesome Early Game archer in the history of all Civ :scan:

needless to say, i founded a city immediately next to Kilimanjaro just to keep other civs from getting units next to it lol. fought a couple wars with Russia and England for founding the city. just an amazing wonder.

I had it in a city state next my capital, about seven tiles away. It became a rite of passage for all new units to make a trip to the mountains before heading off to war.

I kind of liked that!

How about another Natural Wonder that gives bonus movement in forest/jungle? And another one for no movement loss for crossing rivers and embarking?

It would be kind of cool to have a Cape of Good Hope wonder. First time a ship sailed near it you would have a 20% chance of sinking, and an 80% of getting an awesome promotion. Like +2 movement or something.

I like the idea of map based promotions.

I had it in a city state next my capital, about seven tiles away. It became a rite of passage for all new units to make a trip to the mountains before heading off to war.

I kind of liked that!

I did the same.

I also wish there was some additional bonuses from Natural Wonders along this line for flavor. Maybe a random bonus, think Kris Swordsman, or +:c5faith:/:c5culture: for winning battles in friendly territory, or +10% Tourism for Great Barrier Reef when worked by cities.

I think this would make people seek out wonders and think long and hard about trying to set up a colony. It would certainly buff Spain but would also make people try to wipe out Spain if it tries to NW horde.

Any thought's if you should have to 'own' the NW to get the bonus? As in, I allied Sejong, he has FoY, so I marched all my units into his territory and got the bonus, then left.

So, in the new scheme, NW > Lux. Resource > Strategic Resource?

Just :c5food: for thought,
Dental.

I did the same.

I also wish there was some additional bonuses from Natural Wonders along this line for flavor. Maybe a random bonus, think Kris Swordsman, or +:c5faith:/:c5culture: for winning battles in friendly territory, or +10% Tourism for Great Barrier Reef when worked by cities.

I think this would make people seek out wonders and think long and hard about trying to set up a colony. It would certainly buff Spain but would also make people try to wipe out Spain if it tries to NW horde.

Any thought's if you should have to 'own' the NW to get the bonus? As in, I allied Sejong, he has FoY, so I marched all my units into his territory and got the bonus, then left.

So, in the new scheme, NW > Lux. Resource > Strategic Resource?

Just :c5food: for thought,
Dental.

FOY also gives +10 happiness for working it if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom