Option to Minimize Diplomatic Request

wilro85

Chieftain
I would very much like to see the option to minimize diplomatic requests so you can see the map and all of your civ info before you have to make a decision.

For example, lets say I'm in a war with Spain. I'm winning and on Spains turn they offer to surrender and give me two of their new cities. I don't know anything about the cities, nor do I even remember where they are located. Currently my choices are to either accept or counter the offer and have peace or continue the war and allow Spain another turn of attacking. What I would like to see is the option to minimize the request which will take me back to the map view (game paused because it is still Spain's turn) so I can take a look at where the cities are they are offering and how much value they are to me.

Same idea when someone asks me to declare war on someone else; let me get an idea of where they are, what I know about them, etc.

I would very much like to see the option to minimize diplomatic requests so you can see the map and all of your civ info before you have to make a decision.

For example, lets say I'm in a war with Spain. I'm winning and on Spains turn they offer to surrender and give me two of their new cities. I don't know anything about the cities, nor do I even remember where they are located. Currently my choices are to either accept or counter the offer and have peace or continue the war and allow Spain another turn of attacking. What I would like to see is the option to minimize the request which will take me back to the map view (game paused because it is still Spain's turn) so I can take a look at where the cities are they are offering and how much value they are to me.

Same idea when someone asks me to declare war on someone else; let me get an idea of where they are, what I know about them, etc.
I second this. It was bad programing to avoid a bug that players (myself included) were taking advantage of. If the AI made a demand, you could negate it by countering the offer and then just closing out the screen. Thus you could avoid the bad blood from turning down the AI's demand.

I would also like to see the Civ name mentioned with the leader. Sometimes I can't remember which leader runs which civ so I don't want to make a decision until I know who I am dealing with. It would be nice to see history and analysis when you are asked to make the decision, one way or another.

Top Bottom