Zoom out...City Titles Overwhelm!

Frdmlover

Chieftain
Ok...this is incredibly annoying.
I often zoom out to marvel at my growing empire or to simply get a clear picture of the world which I intend to conquer only to have space view of the world inundated with huge city titles that are totaly distracting and ridiculous from that perspective.

Anyone know how to turn off thse city title frames when zooming out? I want the rotating earth back.

-Frdm

There's no rotating earth feature in civ 5 atm i believe.

Really ! You should post in the civ4 forum then instead !

No reason to be a smart alleck. I know full well that was a Civ IV feature, that was my point. Perhaps you have something positive to contribute, like how to stop the city name tags from taking up my entire screen when I want to zoom out and admire the landscape?

Thanks - Frdm

Really ! You should post in the civ4 forum then instead !
The name tags took up a big chunk of the world in CIV as well - so you've clearly missed the point.

No reason to be a smart alleck. I know full well that was a Civ IV feature, that was my point. Perhaps you have something positive to contribute, like how to stop the city name tags from taking up my entire screen when I want to zoom out and admire the landscape?

Thanks - Frdm

I wish we could zoom out to the globe too.

What about strategic view? Might not be what you wanted but..

I use strategic view for my planning. The various colour coding options for highlighting different objectives is really useful. As soon as oil shows up I switch to that view to grab all of it I can.

Top Bottom