What's Your Name?

ripcord_tx

Chieftain
I can't believe I'm still playing this same game after so many year. I don't post often, but I amuse myself sometimes so I thought I'd share the grins. Often when I choose my game-name, I choose something that sounds funny in a sentence. In my latest game, my name is "and you remind me of balloons". That leads to conversations like this:

What's your name?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 265
Once I named myself "George Takei", as the leader of Japan, and named all of my cities after Nintendo characters.

I called myself 'Myself'. It led to some interesting conversations.
"The time for talking is done, I will see you on the field of battle Myself."

When I'm bored and in the mood for some crude humor I'll get a kick out of someone saying "I urge you to convert to Hinduism, dipsh*t. Religious wars can be so unpleasant." or "You're wiser than you appear, jack*ss."

This reminds me of the only time I played laser tag, I named myself "the mirror" for the first round, then went around shooting people in groups who were shooting themselves in mirrors while others stood guard. It was apparently really weird to get the message "You have been tagged by the mirror". Of course someone else thought they'd be smart and named themselves "a laser".

I don't actually mess around with the names in Civ all that much, but I imagine that it could lead to all sorts of inappropriate diplomacy if you wanted to (especially Catherine's 'closer relations' message).

My next game, I'm thinking of going with "so help me, Obi Wan" or "I'm scared and paranoid."

upload_2016-11-10_8-37-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-8_8-56-32.png
    upload_2016-11-8_8-56-32.png
    330 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
It reminds me of that sketch from college humor about religious nerds.

Top Bottom