Nukes and Non-Declaration of War?

ShakyDave

Chieftain
Should this be fixed What is your Oppinion?

I was playing in MP around 1990's the other Player nukes my Gold Mega City with Oxford Built and Trade Fair near completion. ( Nice move great Tactic..Kudo,s) anyway he never declared war, then ...............you guessed it ......He quit!!!!!:mad::mad:

He was winning Tech and Fianacial(gold). I had just crushed Spain, Zulu's were cowering under my Military and Culture (which was Huge) and Russia was contained. I was in high gear to take either Culture or Domination victory just needed more Artillary and Fighter. In all the game was still anyones.

After this game I was wondering if NUKE stirke should auto Declare War or not luanch with out war. What is your Oppinion?

I was going on this about a month ago and firaxis didnt seemed to care much then, and i doubt they will now. But my answer is yes, i would like it to be fixed.

i.e. My capital is nuked, enemy captures it in the same turn. I could easily take it back but NO im a democracy and so it counts as an unprovoked military action. And i am then unable to capture it. I know i am able to change governments, which i always do ( i say always but i have only had my capital nuked once ) and take my capital back. But in all fairness why should i have to.

I mainly complained about this because i thought i was plain stupid that it does not declare war.

And people that will now say that the person who was nuked would have no idea who nuked them. Well it tells you who built the Manhatten Project : A Wonder i.e. Only one can be built. As well as showing you the nuke being launched.

I can certainly understanding launching a nuke without a declaration of war.

But the act of launching the nuke should certainly start a war between the 2 civs. There's absolutely no reason it shouldn't.

Top Bottom