New patch 1.10 - no more mega city :-(

kikkomaniac

Chieftain
(When I started the game this monday morning it got the update. I live in Europe and play the PS3 version)

Hi all, with the new 1.10 patch its no longer possible to level up a mega city with settler towns.

Before 1.10:
1 settler = 1 pop

After 1.10:
2-3 settlers = 1 pop

I thought the patch fixed the lag on multiplayer?

You can still make a megacity, just do it in a fair way. :)

Mr. Game Theory is going to flip his lid if this hits the 360. He just pushed his way to the #1 / #2 spots on the ladder using the Rome mega-city build strat. I don't know what he'll do next since he's been relying on the romans boom since the demo.

cant see it anywhere- but belive me, i have been playing romans like crazy. when your city is above pop 10, then it takes 3-4 settlers pr. pop

I play on the XBOX360, so I will assume the same patch is coming to our system soon. This is good news.

This is a great news and a much needed balancing fix. That mega city strategy was really out of balance, and I am glad it is being addressed. I will have to look out for this new patch once I get home.

Elizabeth@2K said the PS3 patch was to lay the groundwork for the downloaded content packs.

well, try it out guys :) I have played about 30 games doing the megacity pop boost, and it ALWAYS took me 1 settler for 1 pop.

Now I have played 5 games AFTER 1.10. and now it takes ALOT of settlers to do. I belive the developers have listened to the community

Does this mean this is a stealth nerf? It could be a possibility I suppose. I play on the XBOX 360, so I am not sure if the patch has come out for that system. The first thing I will do after I get settled in at home will be to check and see if this indeed is true.

well, try it out guys :) I have played about 30 games doing the megacity pop boost, and it ALWAYS took me 1 settler for 1 pop.

Now I have played 5 games AFTER 1.10. and now it takes ALOT of settlers to do. I belive the developers have listened to the community
I'm not following this...
how do you mean "ALOT of settlers to do"? so you build a Settler (with or without Repub) and settle them in another city, it doesn't give you a +1 pop increase?

I'm not following this...
how do you mean "ALOT of settlers to do"? so you build a Settler (with or without Repub) and settle them in another city, it doesn't give you a +1 pop increase?

correct! If the city you want to increase is greater than pop 5, it will NOT give you +1 per. settler. It will now take you 2-3+ settlers to increase 1 pop. When the city is above 11 pop, it takes 3-4 settlers now

correct! If the city you want to increase is greater than pop 5, it will NOT give you +1 per. settler. It will now take you 2-3+ settlers to increase 1 pop. When the city is above 11 pop, it takes 3-4 settlers now

To clarify, do settlers now add an amount of food when it joins a city?

Hi,

This truly sounds strange...
2K Elizabeth, confirmed that there were no changes at all like this in the new patch.... hmm...

You know, If you build a settler in a city and it removes 1 pop. But that pop only cost 20 food, then when the settler gets where it's going, it should just add the 20 food.

Until someone from Firaxis/2k games confirms this, I don't believe it. Sounds sort of strange.

Top Bottom