Hannibal/Quatronia Diplomacy

DMOC

Mathematician
We have met our first neighbor! :D

Honorable DMOC, and your fellow Mavericks, I am pleased to announce that our two teams have made contact.
Knowing that another civilized group of people exists in the world is a great reassurance to the members of the Continuum, as I presume it is among the Mavericks.
We also wish to maintain a long and fruitful peace, as our two great nations are much better suited to trading and co-operation then attempting to annihilate each other.

So ... what should our response be? The Mike I am looking at you. :lol:

I assume that we want to mention:

1. Our email
2. Congratulate them on Stonehenge (if the built it - I haven't actually checked the game yet)
3. Inform them of our request for peace (at least for now)
4. Geography of the map - as they may have more information than us

Oh boy!

I'll have to think it over, but my gut is peace for now. I can't think of any reason not to.

How did we receive this message?

Yeh, just a little perplexed. How exactly did we meet these guys? Workboat? Borders? or did they just get bored after building the henge and feel like sending out some emails?

Something like;

Greetings to the People of Continuum,

We welcome meeting new civilizations and people, especially peaceful and educated explorers of the seas.

Our leaders propose a great peace treaty between our nations so we may build and advance our knowledge under stable and predictable conditions. We welcome your thoughts and ideas to build a mutually beneficial agreement that will allow our great nations to prosper.

The people of Maverick admire your exploring spirit, they envy your knowledge of the world - will your share some of details of your journey? Our people are most intrigued about your Continuum homeland and curious of your people, we look forward to exchanging information and ideas.

love

Mavs

some small changes and added a request of techtrading

"
Greetings to the People of Continuum,

We welcome meeting new civilizations and people, especially peaceful and educated explorers of the seas.

Our leaders propose a great peace treaty between our nations so we may build and advance our knowledge under stable and predictable conditions. We welcome your thoughts and ideas to build a mutually beneficial agreement that will allow our great nations to prosper.

The people of Maverick admire your exploring spirit, they envy your knowledge of the world - will your share some of details of your journey? Our people are most intrigued about your Continuum homeland and curious of your people, we look forward to exchanging information and ideas.

Are you interested in coordinating our research from now on? If we can agree on some technologies you and we research and share it could become a great benefit for both our nations.

in friendship

Mavs
"

I don't think we should hint at the fact that we have not been exploring. We can still try to get some geography information from them though.

And it may be a bit hasty to establish a tech alliance with the first civ we meet, IMO. Lets just see how the relationship develops.

Greetings Team Quatronia,

We believe that a peaceful, co-operative relationship will be mutually beneficial and we look forward to growing our empires together.

We would like to congratulate you on your construction of Stonehenge, a wise choice for a charismatic leader such as Hannibal. It will surely baffle archaeologists for centuries.

We did not see your explorer, so we do not know which direction from where you came? We would like to know where to send our Hindu missionaries. Do we send them North, South, East or West?

Etch your response in a stone tablet, and tell your messenger to deliver it to team.mavericks.civfanatics@gmail.com, the holy email address bequeathed unto us by the holy Hindu gods.

Last message seems good...but I'd scrap the sentence "It will surely baffle archaeologists for centuries." Archaeologists study ruins, not still standing cities...and if we're going for peace why hint at the ruin of their capital...;)

Last message seems good...but I'd scrap the sentence "It will surely baffle archaeologists for centuries." Archaeologists study ruins, not still standing cities...and if we're going for peace why hint at the ruin of their capital...;)

Yeah, it was a little bit of a wise-crack, but I can see how it could be misconstrued.

Quick question on trade route mechanics. If they build a Cothon for the extra trade route, does that mean they will be trading with more of our cities, thereby making them a more profitable trade partner?

They also forgot to add on this:

Apologies, I neglected to send you our email address.
Any future discussions can be sent to quatronia10@gmail.com
Best Wishes from the Continuum

We should make a response by tomorrow, June 9th, to not act tardy (like MadScientists last game).

Here is my suggestion after combining The Mike and Snaaty's messages:

Greetings to the People of the Continuum of Quatronia,

The people of Maverick admire your exploring spirit, they envy your knowledge of the world - will your share some of details of your journey? Our people are most intrigued about your Continuum homeland and curious of your people, we look forward to exchanging information and ideas. Relating to that, are you interested in coordinating our research from now on? If we can agree on some technologies you and we research and share it could become a great benefit for both our nations.

We would also like to congratulate you on your construction of Stonehenge, a wise choice for a charismatic leader such as Hannibal.

Should you opt to reply to our team, please etch your response in a stone tablet, and tell your messenger to deliver it to us at team.mavericks.civfanatics@gmail.com, the holy email address bequeathed unto us by the holy Hindu gods.

Best Regards,

Team Mavericks

PS: In what way would you like your civilization to be addressed? "The Continuum," "Quatronia," or any other method? We would just like to call you by the proper name you request. :)

First, we have to make sure that they actually built Stonehenge - I'll log in tomorrow to confirm.

Give them the old...

HO-HO-HO. I have a Battleship!

Then throw out a bunch of demands... OR ELSE!

Personally I don't think their team is a compatible match for us, therfore i'd not be keen on getting into any long term agreements especially tech trading.

I'm going to email DMOC's revised message soon, unless I get any serious objections.

I think the consensus is pretty clear. Peace for now, but lets see how the relationship develops.

If we win the metal-casting gambit.... it would be nice to have an excuse for a sea-war. So maybe we should set-up some future excuse for this war, despite it's basically :):):):):):):):). Something like the American government always does, but we can do it better. That way, when we want trireme fun, we can act that THEY had it coming and it wasn't a real backstab.

Maybe we should tell them something that we know they won't do, like TURN YOUR WORKBOAT BACK NOW WHERE IT CAME FROM, OR ELSE!

Then later on when we blockade with triremes.. it's "We warned you!!!! THIS IS YOUR FAULT!"

I haven't been on the MP scene, but OBS, doesn't your style of play usually end in a world war?

:p

Give them the old...

HO-HO-HO. I have a Battleship!

Then throw out a bunch of demands... OR ELSE!

Lol ... perhaps if we were playing the Templars team from the Apolyton demogame. :lol:

Personally I don't think their team is a compatible match for us, therfore i'd not be keen on getting into any long term agreements especially tech trading.

Why do you say that?

I'm going to email DMOC's revised message soon, unless I get any serious objections.

I think the consensus is pretty clear. Peace for now, but lets see how the relationship develops.

Yes, my thoughts exactly.

If we win the metal-casting gambit.... it would be nice to have an excuse for a sea-war. So maybe we should set-up some future excuse for this war, despite it's basically :):):):):):):):). Something like the American government always does, but we can do it better. That way, when we want trireme fun, we can act that THEY had it coming and it wasn't a real backstab.

Maybe we should tell them something that we know they won't do, like TURN YOUR WORKBOAT BACK NOW WHERE IT CAME FROM, OR ELSE!

Then later on when we blockade with triremes.. it's "We warned you!!!! THIS IS YOUR FAULT!"

That is funny. :goodjob:

I haven't been on the MP scene, but OBS, doesn't your style of play usually end in a world war?

:p

Yes it does.

I just sent DMOC's message to Team Quatronia's gmail

Thanks for sending it.

I think in the future we should "sign" the message as "Best Regards, Team Mavericks" or something like that, just to show that we all work together on these messages.

Anyway, keep in touch with our team email! :)

can you explain this?

in my (limited) mp experience, any team is a good partner. in the beginning, we should go for a 4:2 situation (beeing on the right side might be important:crazyeye:), later 3:1, then 2:1, then hopefully we are bigger and better then the other team for the final fight...

Top Bottom