Turn Discussion Thread II - Turns 51-100

I have taken a peek at the next turn. Interesting, Cyrus last turn seems to have decided to suddenly throw all spy points against us. (what else can go wrong with our allies?)

In other news, there are 2 clam sources I see on the other islands.

Turn 58 --> 1680 BC

Both scoutboats heads off in opposite directions (out of site of Cyrus)

• Worker Works Rice
  • Worker Mines Hill
  • Worker Roads Gems
  • Warriors head toward capital
  • City #2 works on Warrior Que
  • Capital abandons gem for Farmed Dye (quicker whip)
  • Capital works on forge another turn to grow

* Special note. I logged in around 8 hours after this, and noted it seems someone had given Carthage IronWorking.

Turn 59 --> 1640 BC

I made a little miscalculation, due to speeding up the whipping of our galley. I didn't think one of our warriors from fog-busting would make it back to the capital in time to prevent unhappy from no-policing. So I had all 3 workers pre-road onto the plains-hill near capital. However, since we still have to wait a turn turn after we 2-pop whip anyway... it didn't matter. But we have workers with an extra movement to burn, so no worries.

• All workers pre-road plains-hill near capital
  • Capital switches build to Galley
  • Tech set on AH (we skip Hunting for now?)
  • Capital works both gems now, since we can still grow 1 pop next turn without dyes.

Special Note: It looks like dead-man's island is actually part of that big green continent. I'm 90% sure now since Cyrus did not veer off anywhere, and instead has now swung in behind us (Yup, he knows we have a WB out in front of him now).

Turn 59 (Reloaded)

Since this is the re-load turn, we did everything the same as the last time. However, since it's a misclick re-load I decided to change our worker order so that:

• Worker farms rice 1 more turn
  • Worker roads gems 1 more turn
  • Worker improves mine 1 more turn

I did this partly because Cyrus already cheated. He's changed the movement of his scouting WB down south (I thought this was not allowed either?). Anyhow, I warned you not to give them reloads. They already have a team member who was a cheating turn-player from the last pitboss IIRC. So I'm not surprised...

Turn 60 --> 1600 BC

• All workers do same actions as last turn (we finish off road to our second gem)
  • Scout boats don't find anyone new.
  • Capital 2-pop whips galley
  • GE-Farm puts last hammers into warrior

I've taken a look at the Glance menu. Hannibal is maxed out on tech-trade bonus to Cyrus, and even has +1 for sharing technological discoveries. Anyone wana guess what that may be? I am assuming Cyrus maybe was the first to Alphabet, and then foolishly gave it away instantly.

Cyrus has +2 for trades only toward Hannibal though. So someone got shafted there it seems. Furthermore, Hannibal has been sitting on IronWorking for over a turn now, and it hasn't ended up in Cyrus hands yet. It is possible Hannibal renegaded on Cyrus.

Some more information, looks like Cyrus started hammering espionage against us after he hit 32 pts vs Hannibal. It is possible they aborted as soon as they got demographics to Hannibal, and now are after our Demographics. I don't really care about that, I'm more worried when they will see for sure our tech + turns to tech finish. I don't want anyone to get line-by-line plays on our directions here.

So much for that theory, Cyrus logs in around midnight, and Surprise, Hannibal gifted them Iron Working, for nothing.

Interesting to note they ignored me and didn't so much as give a hello, or thank-you for our decision to allow them the reload.

These guys really have no shame!

I know, I'm getting a bit pissed off myself. I think we can start being bullies. Do you think we can pull it off?

I don't follow the game everyday now, but on scale 1 - 10 what would be assessment of our current situation?

No point getting pissed. We did kinda put a target on our own back in retrospect.

I'm not crazy about getting aggressive with two teams right now, with virtually no knowledge of them and having under-expanded early. We need exploration and settlers quickly, and we need to meet Sirius.

It's quite possible that a 3-team alliance is already set up, though. If they're really getting MC in a few turns, their tech pace is substantial. We may need to squeeze our southern WB past Q, in order to meet the other two teams soon?

For some reason IndianSmoke didn't hit end turn so we'll have to wait for the timer to hit 0 for the next turn.

Anyhow, I'm starting to really want Alphabet. I want to get some spies out over what will be Cyrus' potential rex lands, so we can watch what they are doing. Then we'll know when and where to hit the conspiring sobs.

The only problem is they are 40 hammers a piece.

With BBP there - need to catch that curve up...

It's not turning out as the opening one would hope for! But not sure I could rate the position on a scale of any sort easily enough...

I wrote IndianSmoke a pvm, his reply:

I know, I will be back from the office abit later on, thanks for the mesage!

I think we should start to set up a diplo thread ahead of time for Pacal. We'll be using it soon enough (I hope). From what I gather by reading the other debates in other threads, if Pacal already does know the other two, he certainly is no ally of them.

I took a look at the next turn. Strange we didn't ever see any animals. But now barb warriors popped up in a bunch of places. I may have to change my un-loading plans on the mainlands.

I moved our scout-boats but didnt' meet anyone yet. I'll wait another 24 hours before doing our other actions, just in case we come across someone.

I can not tell if this is Willem or Hannibal.

I would say probably Hannibal, how many tiles away is this from our mainland?

There is some debate earlier if Q came from elsewhere.

Anyhow, if he DOES settle on that desert island soon, it can only be for one reason... they found Iron there. If we can get horses up soon I'd like to put some chariots up there, but hidden more to the north. So when their city reaches size #2 we plow right into it.

Anyhow, if it is Q and even if he can't see us, I'm sure Cyrus is telling him everything about us right now. Again, they cheated cause they altered their wb pattern after the reload and spotting us.

Turn 61 --> 1560 BC

• Worker #1 finished mine near capital
  • Worker #2 & #3 finished new rice pattie
  • Capital dumps OF into Forge
  • GE-Farm switches to building Hindu temple
  • 2 warriors load into transport and we head out

Ah, we made post in wrong thread, can admin delete those? Or we can just edit our posts later on to be next two turns, sorry Obs!

This silly forum never allows one to delete their own messages. Quite an annoyance. I wouldn't worry about it though.

Top Bottom