Civilization: Dawn of Man

John.Galt

Chieftain
Hello, I am John.Galt and I have been watching these forums for a long time. I joined recently because I decided it was the perfect time to start participating as far as real life is concerned (hopefully). After a brief stint in the Imperium Offtopicum Forum, I wanted to come here and try my hand at an Interactive After Action Report. Governments and Politics, Children of the Emperor, Law of the Jungle, Realpolitik, and all the others really have inspired me. They seem like a whole lot of fun, and so in the absence of an active one, I've decided to create my own. This game is heavily inspired from those, and all credit should go to them for this idea. I am going to start very simply, and eventually grow the game to something more equal in complexity to Government and Politics or Children of the Emperor. I am calling this game Civilization: Dawn of Man. Please join, play, and have some fun simulating a society in the game of Civilization! To start, please read the rules!

This looks interesting, if offbeat. I shall join, although are voting for the civilization? If so then my vote is for Russia, if not then oh well. Also I'm going to wait to name my character because the name will be based on the civilization obviously :)

Thank you for joining! We will be choosing the civilization through the production of culture. So to influence which civilization we have you will need to create a story. This will take an action point. You will only have two this session, so producing culture will limit your other actions. I will outline this further in your personal private message (which I'll send out later tonight or tomorrow morning).

Never been in one of these before, but I think I'll join this one.

Sorry for my disappearance over the past week. I might have jinxed myself as far as how demanding real life is. So I am going to pause this project, but hope to come back to it in a couple weeks. I would like to work on planning it a bit more anyway.

Well, I'm certainly in when you return to this!

This looks fun! Can I join in too?

Everyone who is interested is welcome! Tentative ETA is placing the start of this game late next week, or the week after.

oooo I'm excited this will be fun with so many people who haven't done these and a dedicated person for once!

I've just seen this thread. If you're still interested in running it I'll try and round up the G&P gang.

Apologies for the blatant bit of self-advertising, but on the off-chance that anyone who had posted in this thread was not aware of this, I am running an IAAR of my own, and would be more than happy to have you come play in it.

Hello everybody, as some of you know I wasn't sure I'd be able to do this. I was completely right! This last semester was a nightmare, however there is hope! Christmas break is coming up, and I will have a lot more time this up coming semester to maintain an IAAR. As such, I was thinking about what kind of game I wanted us to play, and I was wondering what everyone's opinion on this would be.

So far I have come up with 3 options:

1. Restart another game along the same lines as my privious attempt.
  2. Play a similar game, but one advanced to a later era. With a civilization already established, you would all be a revolutionary government. Basically it will make for a more interesting start.
  3. Play a game starting in the early modern era centered around campaigning and politiking in a republic. (Similar to a realpolitik, but intead of players having their own votes election outcomes will be determined by campaigning to NPCs).

I never really got to participate in GaP and the like, so I would prefer the first option.

NOTE: WE ARE RESTARTING, EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO RE-SIGNUP IF THEY WISH

The Beginnings

Your people have been wandering for thousands of years. Through the centuries your tribe has grown from a man and woman to a multitude. It has endured, and fought. Something is changing. You can feel it. Your people are on the verge of greatness. How will it handle this change? What path will your people choose on this new and grand adventure?

On a warm summer night, the tribe gathers around a campfire. One of the older members stands and begins to speak:
Gather 'round brothers and sisters. Our tribe has grown full with children in my lifetime. As they grow, just as all children, they will begin to ask questions. What will we tell them? About ourselves? About our history? About our place in nature? How will we provide for them? As we have grown in number, so too has our need for food. How will we organize ourselves to meet our needs? Just as I take pride in our people, I must admit, I worry. My time for action has passed, but you, you are still young. Lead us young ones. Lead us into the future and make us a great people, a great nation.

Issues:
  • What is our cultural identity? What civilization will we become?
  • Who will be our first chief?

Rules

Spoiler Rule Changes: :

Rule Changes:
  • Added 'Power' to the rules.
  • Added 'Joining' to the rules.
  • Added 'Actions' to the rules.
  • Added 'Culture' to the rules.
  • Added 'NPCs' to the rules.

Joining as Fahim Amirmoez, male.

Top Bottom