Yang Dominates!

Petek

Alpha Centaurian
Administrator
Supporter
I thought the attached save file might be of interest. It comes from an all-AI game (created using the Scenario Editor). The game is SMAX, using scient's unofficial patch, but the game will load in SMAX without the unofficial patch. The year is 2544. On the previous turn Yang won a diplomatic victory, but I continued playing. I set the options to move all units and resolve all battles quickly. You might want slow things down if you choose to watch how the game continues.

The map is a custom 180x180 design with no ocean and originally no fungus. Also, pods were turned off. I find these options help the AI. Yang has, by my count, 99 bases. One unusual feature of Yang's play was that he didn't research Doctrine: Mobility until after MY 2500. His game really took off after he built the Hunter-Seeker Algorithm. Before that, the other AI frequently subverted his units and bases. Another observation is that the AI really benefits from how eco-damage (ED) can be controlled by building Tree Farms, Hybrid Forests, etc (after the first fungal pop). If it weren't for that, Yang's ED would have skyrocketed and probably would have caused global warming many turns ago.

Attachments

• Yang of the Hive, 2544.SAV
    1.6 MB · Views: 289
What is base number limit at the moment? Is it increased compared to original version?

The maximum number of bases in the original version is 512. scient considered trying to increase the limit, but it didn't make it into his unofficial patch (nor any other unofficial patch, as far as I know).

Top Bottom