The King of the World Throne Room

How come it says that the Lincoln game was finished in mid-2009? I have been checking the throne room page frequently and suddenly a fully-written up game is on there [however, it says 'in progress']. I want to see a game as it happens >.<

He just started the game today, the link is to the game in progress.

I'd be really interested in playing some of the Earth maps with alternate leaders and civilizations; can anyone provide any links to different variants?

How do you play as a leader of your choice on the Earth map? I have a little idea for a series of my own..

I'd be really interested in playing some of the Earth maps with alternate leaders and civilizations; can anyone provide any links to different variants?

How do you play as a leader of your choice on the Earth map? I have a little idea for a series of my own..

http://www.civearth.com/components/...s/custom-402d2a6a6420e3b2a8f4fd4cea7a9677.zip

That's Fullerene's version of Vadus' mapscript. BTW, it's not a scenario, but a mapscript. You are always playing on the same map (you can choose between the Giant Earth map :)scared:) or the Earth Evolution map (the one they use in RFC), but the civs in it are randomly chosen (except for yours, of course).

Have I done something horribly wrong? When I attempt to load the script it creates an all-grassland world with only one Civ on it.

Sorry for hi-jacking Neal's thread.

Thanks; you're a saint!

I noticed that you run this latest KotW with 40Civs as a Mod. When I try and running BUG (single player install) at the same time, the result is kinda interface-less :rolleyes: Before I go around accusing the one or the other modder(s) of sloppy work, I'd like to check on this a little more.

May I ask, what Version of the 40Civs mod linked earlier and more important what version of BUG (with or without BULL?) do you use?

I noticed that you run this latest KotW with 40Civs as a Mod. When I try and running BUG (single player install) at the same time, the result is kinda interface-less :rolleyes: Before I go around accusing the one or the other modder(s) of sloppy work, I'd like to check on this a little more.

May I ask, what Version of the 40Civs mod linked earlier and more important what version of BUG (with or without BULL?) do you use?
same here. trying to figure out now what i'm missing. just installed bug mod last night and the lt. bob file to play with over 18 players.

Go into the .ini file as an administrator. change "NoCustomArt=0" and "NoCustomAssets=0" to "NoCustomArt=1" and "NoCustomAssets=1". When you load the mod now you should get a working game, but without BUG. I do not know how to get both mods at the same time.

Folks are playing the new KotW with BUG somehow....I'm trying to figure this out.

Honestly? Damned if I know. I just loaded up BUG with the "Play BUG Mod 3" link, loaded up the mod through "Advanced," and played without a hitch.

"Play BUG Mod 3" link? I don't know what that means

When I use BUG (4.3), I run it in custom assets, so I'll I need to do run BTS. Otherwise, I usually use BUFFY for most games. (I have a customasset switcher tool to switch out BUG CA with vanilla or whatever)

Neal said:
That might be it. I'm running 3.6 of BUG. Maybe newer versions have an issue with the 40 Civ mod.

That seams to be it. There were other problems with BUG 4.3 for me too, regardless of the installation type. The way that worked for me was to get rid of any single player install of BUG and just integrate BUG 4.1 into the 40Civs Mod.

There is no overlap, so you can just install BUG 4.1 as a Mod and then copy all the files from the BUG Mod folder to the 40Civs folder. This too didn't work with 4.3 though :(

That seams to be it. There were other problems with BUG 4.3 for me too, regardless of the installation type. The way that worked for me was to get rid of any single player install of BUG and just integrate BUG 4.1 into the 40Civs Mod.

There is no overlap, so you can just install BUG 4.1 as a Mod and then copy all the files from the BUG Mod folder to the 40Civs folder. This too didn't work with 4.3 though :(

Interesting. I could try downloading the older version of BUG and install it separately. I switch CA folders so I wouldn't have to uninstall BUG 4.3 single player. Interestingly, this 40 CIV mod doesn't seem to be much more than a DLL file and INI file - it doesn't appear to even have it's own map - I find it baffling myself, but then I don't understand jack about modding. Is there anything that you avoid overwriting when copying BUG to 40civ mod?

Interesting. I could try downloading the older version of BUG and install it separately. I switch CA folders so I wouldn't have to uninstall BUG 4.3 single player. Interestingly, this 40 CIV mod doesn't seem to be much more than a DLL file and INI file - it doesn't appear to even have it's own map - I find it baffling myself, but then I don't understand jack about modding. Is there anything that you avoid overwriting when copying BUG to 40civ mod?

Nope, just copied all the files in the "mods\BUG 4.1"-folder and pasted them into the "mods\40Civs"-folder.

Yeah, I have the same issue too. Been struggling to get both BUG and the 40Civs to work together.

Going to try using an older version of BUG.

Top Bottom