Polish Civilization special modmod

Polish Civ is in the megapack... The mod just enhances it.

Polish Culture should be in the main game, especially since SVN 9218 adding 240 cultures to the game.

Should I choose megapack or just Polish modmod?
it seems megapack confflicts a bit with stock c2c (3 civs from megapack are already in stock c2c, it may not work properly).

So again I vote for fixing megapack AND adding Polish Civ to the core. Some 'Patriots' only play Polish, and adding just one civ wouldn't be too much problem? (I mean Polish language is really a problem to care).

Full megapack may be too much to add to core :p so it would be good only adding Poland

Hm, I don't edit the core game so far, let's wait for a statement of a person responsible.

Ah, now I got it what you mean concerning the three civs. Yes, three of the megapack Civs are now in the main game. When I installed the game, I copied the megapack without these three Civs to the game, worked perfectly.

And as I said, after installing the megapack without the three civs don't overwrite the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml of the megapack with the one of the Poland mod.

Polish Culture should be in the main game, especially since SVN 9218 adding 240 cultures to the game.

polish culture is in mod already
even before adding 240 new cultures

As for megapack then ill fix problem with these 3 civs.

And as for adding polish civilization to the mod - ask DH or SO about this.

Many thanks! However, there is one problem.

I have got perhaps the most recent SVN (yesterday), installed the "2 in 1" PL civ with Megapack and I have two error messages when loading the game, both about (IIRC) Assets\xml\entertainer_Civ4gametext.xml (as far as I understand, there is some conflict - "xml parsing SAX error" - and the file is not loaded). Apart from that, up to now (I started a new game and I am still in the early-mid Prehistoric era) there were no problems.

S.

I have got perhaps the most recent SVN (yesterday), installed the "2 in 1" PL civ with Megapack and I have two error messages when loading the game, both about (IIRC) Assets\xml\entertainer_Civ4gametext.xml (as far as I understand, there is some conflict - "xml parsing SAX error" - and the file is not loaded). Apart from that, up to now (I started a new game and I am still in the early-mid Prehistoric era) there were no problems.

S.

Ill look at this error. Text files errors are generally harmeless but bug is a bug. Should be fixed :)

Ill look at this error. Text files errors are generally harmeless but bug is a bug. Should be fixed :)

Maybe a part of the message will help: unable to open primary document entity "[...]/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Xml/Schema/Civ4GameText.xsd" at line 0. I have noticed a lack of the "Caveman2Cosmos" in the path.

And I forgot about one glitch. I play as Poland and all barbarian animal units and Neanderthals (I do not know about the regular barbarians) have a Polish flag over them. I play with the options that Barbarians do not fight with each other, so possibly this may be the reason.

S.

S.
I get this bug without any modmods. I don't know who or when it was introduced but I was waiting to see if anyone else noticed it.

I get this bug without any modmods. I don't know who or when it was introduced but I was waiting to see if anyone else noticed it.

O.K. I know what may the problem. I looked to the file Entertainer_CIV4GameText.xml .

Full path to the file: "D:\PROG\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Text\Entertainer_CIV4GameText.xml

and I have found something like this:

xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.firaxis.com ../../../../Xml/Schema/Civ4Gametext.xsd">

The problem is that such file does not exist. I have found such a file but its path is

D:\PROG\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Schema\Civ4GameText.xsd

so perhaps there are too many "../"'s. I will try to manually edit this.

Edit: I have replaced "../../../../Xml/Schema/Civ4Gametext.xsd" with "../../Xml/Schema/Civ4Gametext.xsd" and it works. I guess "../Schema/Civ4Gametext.xsd" also would be correct. Edit 2: yes, it works.

By the way: It turned out the flag glitch a bit different, because when barbarian cities appeared, animals etc. around them got a grey (Barbarian?) flag.

S.

It doesn't require account, or they changed it? Just don't click the add but download button...

There is in CivMegaPack a problem, named Leonidas - it have much more than two positive traits...

Changed my fix. Sparta is no more playable (because of Leonidas who has 4 possitive traits). Leonidas is also no more playable of course ...

Top Bottom