PBEM Playtest of AWAW v1.2

Better starting again FROM turn #1... than turn #13 or so.

Bo: I shall 'hang quiet', until I get word from you that I should make my turn again. Also, what all do I have to do? Delete version 1.2, reinstall... aw, hell, a computer novice like me is all confused!!!!!!!!!

Gary

Download the patch file that is attached on the prior page.
Unzip it.
Open the folder where you have the AWAW scenario in a separate window.
Select the new files and drag them to the AWAW scenario folder.
It will ask if you want to replace the existing file with the new one, click 'yes'.
Done.

What a mess....! :aargh: :hammer: :suicide:

Thx to Duke some problems have now been solved, and (hopefully) everything should be ok now, if you just download this latest modification of the rules.txt.

Attachments

• RULES.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 154
First off, correct me if I'm wrong. I say it, and say it, "I'm CPU ignorant"... so I took you at your word Bo, and just replaced the 'rules' that you posted (and said all I needed), not your previous post (1v1.1.2 or whatever is was).

Anyway, lots of action going on, and I don't think I can remember it all. Germany invades Poland, UK and Minor Allies declares war against Germany.

POLAND: Posen taken.

HIGH SEAS: lots of action.

North Sea: UK Carrier torpedoed and sunk.
UK Cruiser sunk in night action
UK Destroyer torp'd & sunk.
UK Transport torp'd & sunk
4 x UK submarines torp'd and sunk

Irish Sea: UK sub torp'd & sunk.

Erroneous save removed

OK, before anyone else makes a move, can I simply 'extract' the first update (1v1.1.2) into the existing scenario folder, THEN replace the rules again (second patch), THEN simply re-post my turn (without re-playing it again)? As I've often said, don't be afraid to offend me by 'overkill' explanations, or explaining as if I were a 5 year old (I'm really 11, so I don't mind the loss of a few years at this age :lol:

I download Bo's first patch (1v1.2) and extract it into the existing file, saying 'yes' to any overwrite. Then put the second patch (rules) into this file also, again saying 'yes' to the over-writing of this file?
Then replay my turn (v 1.3 :cry: and post?

...and I'm pulling a double shift tonight, even though still sick. Please don't anyone hold their breath in anticipation. I'll try to get the turn posted tomorrow, as I won't get home until after midnight.

1.) I extracted patch 1.[1]1.2 into AWAW1.2, yes to overwrite
2.) I extracted patch RULES into AWAW1.2, yes to overwrite
3.) I played my turn the same. More casualties this time, though (pnzrGr's) in Poland.

Everything else remains the same.
Sorry for the delays, everyone... shall we begin?

Gary

Duke of Marlbrough said:
The Japanese are shocked to hear of the Imperialistic nature of the United Kingdom with their declaration of war on us without an ounce of aggression on our part. The Japanese people see this for the political ploy it is and realize that it is merely an excuse for them to begin their attack on the Japanese.

The Minor Allies see the follie of the United Kingdom and agree to peaceful relations with us.

The Japanese Empire begins it's plans for the defense of the Empire.

After intelligence reports inform our glorious Emperor that the Imperialist United Kingdom has dared to move a combat vessel nearer and nearer to our peace loving cities, the decision is made to eliminate the threat before it can do any harm. Bombers are sent to it's last known position, but were only able to find an unfortunate groups of souls who chose to shoot at us as we searched for the enemy vessel. Additional scout planes were unable to locate the reported vessel. Hong Kong is now empty as it looks like the cowardly agressors have already lost their taste for battle.

The honorable Japanese Emperor bids that the other great nations of the world offer their assistance in their quest for global peace.

PM and e-mail sent to voltar

I just have to post this to remind myself of the play order:

Germany: Gary
UK: Morten
JAPAN: Duke
USA: Voltar
Axis Minor: Eivind
USSR: Boli

EDIT: edited the strike order

Top Bottom