Earth map, 18 civs, a story of a persian leader

After we have all followed now the brave Persian emperor along his path to a domination victory on the earth map, I finally decided to do another epic game. Since there was the request last time that I should post some saves with the game (which I didn’t for this one) I decided to include saves for the next game.

The game will again be a domination attempt on a huge map (but a random map this time). Since we played on the crowded earth map with many neighbours last time, I decided to pick a random continent map for this game and to make sure that we will have to do the basic expansion ourselves (no neighbours too close… …which will make the game quite a bit harder, because we will have to build more cities in the beginning ourselves and can`t relay on a rushing strategy like on earth map)

I also decided to move up additionally in difficulty level, since emperor would be too easy now and with the saves attached, I think I will also have more input and advice from you all… …and we want to have a decent challenge, don’t we?

…

So the next game will be either an immortal game (which I think I can handle quite well) or a deity game (which I could handle more or less on vanilla with a good start and without being attacked too early… …but so far I never tried a deity game on warlords and with these settings). I will do some small test runs, to see if I can keep up on warlords deity in early game with a good start and with these settings because I think we all would like the BIG challenge… …well, basically I think the game will very likely be lost on deity, but then again, who cares about winning or loosing, as long as it is fun.

To be honest, the Persian game was the only game I actually finished on a map bigger then standard (I started some more, but finished none of them), so this could be the second game I will finish on these settings (winning or loosing).

I would like to start a little pre-game discussion here and now, for some input about the best civ & strat. to be used for this task and will start the actual story-threat once I have done my test runs and finally have decided about difficulty level and settings (and civ. & strat.) and feel that I have enough input and feedback to actually start the game.

Only thing I know right now about the next game/story is that it will feature a bar and the main character will be either Don Deity or Immortal Joe, depending on which level we will play in the end…

…

So please let me know what you think… …I appreciate any advice and tips for this game (I will need it)…

Great to hear you're doing another one Snaaty :goodjob:
My 2 cents
1/ I don't care about the difficulty level. This is supposed to be a story (and a funny one ;) ) not a strategy article, so immortal is fine.
2/ Play big rounds and make a story out of it, you don't need us to give you advice. If you really need advice, check the ALC or the immortal challenge.
3/ Start a new thread, this one is good as it is.
4/ Start a pre-game thread if you want, for the same reasons.
5/ You already have a basic outline for your story : this is good !
Oh my, I can't wait. It's gonna be hard to wait for the updates. Last time, I began when it was nearing completion so it was OK. This time, it's gonna be hard, real hard...
6/ Thank you.

Snatty-

Excellent game! From such humble beginings to one of the largest empires I've seen in CIV IV in a long time. I'm sure this game has given you an amazing level of your own and AI tactics. If you ever want to play a multiplayer game, my call sign on warlords is Lord_Huber.

@ thusidie:

Welcome to the forums. There are quite some good stories around lately, defenitely worth having another look. If you like funny and still informative stuff, take a look at this one (it just started, but what I read so far is pretty good, sort of comic style)

Thanks for your feedback btw:goodjob:

Excellent! Very exciting I started to read this little bit of frustrated from my recent game but I eventually ended up to get a cup of coffee and made couple of sandwich.

Simply amazzed at the game you have played, (spent 2 hours reading it entirely which I was supposed to be using for completing my holiday homework). Nice to see that my homecity New Delhi was extremely vital and useful for you.
Brill:goodjob:

lol i started to read only to realize ive read this before. this was my favorite story when i read it. it even inspired me to start my own earth as persia. i have modern armor and such while my rivals only have longbows and muskets :)

Amazing story, I'm inspired for my next game.

When is the next one?

Loved the story!!!:) Although I'm curious why some screenshots provided seem to indicate things went differently (Tokugawa & Monty Never Surendered and I don't seem to see any of the Aztec Colonies you were talking about, oh well great story;)

Just finished reading this, and wow. That was EPIC. And hilarious. And now I'm definately gonna check out don deity. congrats on a great story!

Excellent story! Played a similar game with Germany Earth 18 Monarch, but was too lazy or not so talented to produce such a great story. Marathon games on Earth Maps are really the most FUN for me.

Top Bottom