Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

No it predates the first.
Which is why it probably is in place. Pretty sure I laid the ground work for it to be capable to use there.

Not sure about the second.
The schema would be easily checked of course.

We would like to be able to have a single one for multiple maps to. That last might be possible if we convert the spawn lat and long to match that on the maps (GEM etc.) rather than the default BtS settings.
Why wouldn't we just convert to those maps? It makes more sense doesn't it? A random map isn't going to matter where's where.

There is a mod that does this both for animals and plants. Although it is the wild animals themselves that move around and find nice places for themselves to begin with.
Isn't that what I was suggesting though?

A random map isn't going to matter where's where.
Except it does because of where BtS decides the zero line is.

GEM is about 60 degrees out and SEM is about 10 degrees out. Then there are the maps that also restrict the region either EW or NS a map of the Mediterranean would restrict both directions but the spawn system still expects the left and right to be 180.

Again with the automations (IJffdrie: Professional lazypants), I think I figured out what the issue was: Automated hunt (and patrol border, for that matter) doesn't attack stacks of animals.

Except it does because of where BtS decides the zero line is.

GEM is about 60 degrees out and SEM is about 10 degrees out. Then there are the maps that also restrict the region either EW or NS a map of the Mediterranean would restrict both directions but the spawn system still expects the left and right to be 180.

I have altered Sem+ and Lem to be almost correct (not yet posted) , and I am now adjusting spawns to fit with the new SVN spawn version. Plus 40 for NPCs. etc.

The main problem here is that currently even if you start with not inhabited planets, barbarians love to settle the moon or mars, or even in space! :blush:

Easily resolved with the mapcategorytypes tags on units.

They all should have one; execept if barbarian units are different from normal units. I'll check if the barbarian units in question indeed have this tag on them later.

The barbarian units aren't different units. Are you saying they are still spawning on terrains that they shouldn't be able to exist on?

So make Planets and Space terrain with 100% terrain damage. And give to Colonist units resist to that damage. Barbarians will spawn, but will die on the next turn.

I think you are immune to terrain damage when you are inside a city. And this won't stop them from spawning cities in the first place (I think). Do we have any mechanism to limit city placement on terrain unless you have a certain tech / improvment on it?

I know we can allow cities on peaks only after Algebra. And on swamp only after cannal systems. A way to force this could be to have a feature on all space terrain that prohibits city founding, is cleared in 1 turn and can only be cleared after you researched Lunar Colonization.

I haven't had a look yet if barbarian units have the map category on it; but they pretty sure have.

I think you are immune to terrain damage when you are inside a city. And this won't stop them from spawning cities in the first place (I think). Do we have any mechanism to limit city placement on terrain unless you have a certain tech / improvment on it?

I know we can allow cities on peaks only after Algebra. And on swamp only after cannal systems. A way to force this could be to have a feature on all space terrain that prohibits city founding, is cleared in 1 turn and can only be cleared after you researched Lunar Colonization.

I haven't had a look yet if barbarian units have the map category on it; but they pretty sure have.

If those units are moving about and spawning on tiles that are NOT the planetary type by the terrain of the tile and the definition of the unit, then that is a fairly simple bug to register in the bug thread. I don't think units have been assigned mapcategory types yet. If they are unassigned, they are valid for all map categories.

Suggestion for a change how farms improvements work, replace the current farm with a farm improvement per resource you can farm(corn, rice, melons) but you can only make then if you have the appropriate resource. This will prevent empires from loosing access to grain if they loose there only bonus resource providing it.

Another thing that might be done is have the map start with improvements like wild rice that can be turned into grain farms by workers and/or have wild corn improvements spawn by events.
If there are spawning food improvements deer, horses and other grazing animals can destroy them to gain some xp.

Suggestion for a change how farms improvements work, replace the current farm with a farm improvement per resource you can farm(corn, rice, melons) but you can only make then if you have the appropriate resource. This will prevent empires from loosing access to grain if they loose there only bonus resource providing it.

Another thing that might be done is have the map start with improvements like wild rice that can be turned into grain farms by workers and/or have wild corn improvements spawn by events.
If there are spawning food improvements deer, horses and other grazing animals can destroy them to gain some xp.
I've floated similar concepts previously so yeah, something along these lines would be cool imo.

I totally disagree with this. It would mean for example that a nation that was in the process of being wiped out would still have access to those resources it had when it was at its height.

That's the Species Recovery Center, which gives you pretty much everything flora- or fauna-related.

Somebody should probably work on some genetically manufactured new food species for the future imo. We will likely invent new kinds of grains and livestock someday, making for all new offerings at the dinner table.

There is a mod that gives you Genetically Modified Grain out there. I did have it but it is one of the things lost when both my backup and main drive crashed:(.

There is a mod that gives you Genetically Modified Grain out there. I did have it but it is one of the things lost when both my backup and main drive crashed:(.

Do u remember the name??

Top Bottom