C2C SVN Changelog

I'm not sure what you mean (don't recognize the message). Got a screen shot?

Nope screenshot doesnt even work.

OK it now said Load Failed.

Attached is a regular autosaved game, it has the most recent and uptodate SVN updates available in it.

EDIT: I dont know, maybe too much switching around caused the problem??

Nope screenshot doesnt even work.

OK it now said Load Failed.

Attached is a regular autosaved game, it has the most recent and uptodate SVN updates available in it.

EDIT: I dont know, maybe too much switching around caused the problem??

Can you load a max compatible format save from like a day or so ago or will nothing load for you now? If nothing will load it's likely some sort of asset change that even the max compatible load cant handle , but if so I should see the same thing when I switch to the latest assets and be ablevto debug it. Are the assets with which this happens to you the ones currently in svn?

Can you load a max compatible format save from like a day or so ago or will nothing load for you now? If nothing will load it's likely some sort of asset change that even the max compatible load cant handle , but if so I should see the same thing when I switch to the latest assets and be ablevto debug it. Are the assets with which this happens to you the ones currently in svn?

Dont worry about it, it was too many changes going on like you said, i tried a new game and the regular autosaves works now.;)

Uploaded a new FPK

Dont worry about it, it was too many changes going on like you said, i tried a new game and the regular autosaves works now.;)

Uploaded a new FPK

Not for me. I just decided to give this svn thing a try, downloaded it today and the autosaves do not work. When I try to load an autosave it crashes to the desktop saying something about being unable to unpack data.

Not for me. I just decided to give this svn thing a try, downloaded it today and the autosaves do not work. When I try to load an autosave it crashes to the desktop saying something about being unable to unpack data.

Thats because by default auto saves are NOT in max compatibility format. Only max compatibiliy format saves can load across an asset (or some DLL) change. Any max compatibility saves you made before should still work. If they don't upload a save game and I'll take a look.

Thats because by default auto saves are NOT in max compatibility format. Only max compatibiliy format saves can load across an asset (or some DLL) change. Any max compatibility saves you made before should still work. If they don't upload a save game and I'll take a look.

Is there anyway to make the autosaves in max compatibility?

Also I didn't change anything. I downloaded the svn, started a new game, played a bunch of turns, screwed up, tried to load an autosave, and the game crashed. I had no max compatibility saves to try to load.

Here is an autosave:

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-11640.CivBeyondSwordSave
    164.3 KB · Views: 232
Is there anyway to make the autosaves in max compatibility?

Also I didn't change anything. I downloaded the svn, started a new game, played a bunch of turns, screwed up, tried to load an autosave, and the game crashed. I had no max compatibility saves to try to load.

Here is an autosave:

Not much I can with the save game do I'm afraid as I can't load it anyway because it's not max compat. However, it soulds like you're saying that basically just starting a game, then trying to use an autosave after a few turns fails. Can you confirm that this is repeatably true (just start a game, play say 5 turns, then try to load the autosave)? If so do the same thing, do a max compat save after 5 turns and see if THAT loads. If it doesn't upload that. I'll also try the autosave load on a new game here and see if I have any issues (will be later this afternoon as I'm out of time right now, but should be able to experiment a bit myself later this afternoon).

Just uploaded a few turn time optimizations and the new DLL containing them to SVN. Should buy you about another 20% speed up.

I noticed on the front page there is a tutorial for the mod team on how to use the SVN, but not one for players! I think that all of the team basically knows how to use the SVN front and back by now, but many players seem not too. (Or maybe it's just me.) I know nothing, but here's what I've gathered.

This SVN thing is a way for the team to have a local copy of the mod and make changes, while having it all on Sourceforge too, so that whenever they make a change, they can just change it there, avoiding the need to send all the changes to one person and have them upload it.

Now what I'm worried about is can I just download it with the Tortoise program and then click and drag into my C2C folder? Or is there something else special I have to do?

I noticed on the front page there is a tutorial for the mod team on how to use the SVN, but not one for players! I think that all of the team basically knows how to use the SVN front and back by now, but many players seem not too. (Or maybe it's just me.) I know nothing, but here's what I've gathered.

This SVN thing is a way for the team to have a local copy of the mod and make changes, while having it all on Sourceforge too, so that whenever they make a change, they can just change it there, avoiding the need to send all the changes to one person and have them upload it.

Now what I'm worried about is can I just download it with the Tortoise program and then click and drag into my C2C folder? Or is there something else special I have to do?

Sync it to a working folder as per the instructions, then do an SVn Export... from your working folder to get a runnable copy

With the NEW dll, this is what is happening:

In the game i have i click next turn and WANT to attack the Homo Neanderthal next to my "grouped warriors", but it wont let me attack????

EDIT: Infact nothing can attack anything ingame??

With the NEW dll, this is what is happening:

In the game i have i click next turn and WANT to attack the Homo Neanderthal next to my "grouped warriors", but it wont let me attack????

EDIT: Infact nothing can attack anything ingame??

lol, oops. Probably a side effect of the optimization I adde (hehe). Will look at it soon as possible when I get back to C2C this afternoon

Oh boy, with the new SVN I crash halfway through loading, on Setup Players.

EDIT: Okay, I think it has something to do with the Pirate Civ being in the game, because I started a new game specifically without the Pirates and it worked. And by worked I mean loaded, I have no idea if any of the other bugs are there, but it's safe to assume they are.

Oh boy, with the new SVN I crash halfway through loading, on Setup Players.

HUH i cant play any game now, all the previous dll, dont even work correctly for some reason either, i get waiting for civs, autosaves not saving correctly, etc, with the older ones, and now the new one No attack available.

HUH i cant play any game now, all the previous dll, dont even work correctly for some reason either, i get waiting for civs, autosaves not saving correctly, etc, with the older ones, and now the new one No attack available.

Fix to latest DLL now pushed to SVN. Two bugs fixed:

1) Inability to attack anything fixed

2) Ability to multiply build wonders etc. fixed

Try now.

Edit - spoke too soon - hold up for now

Edit 2 - should be ok now- I have temporarily disabled one of the optimizations until I have more time to get the bugs out, as it's more subtle than I had realized

Guys, funny story you're gonna love this.

I can't even move a unit now. If I try to move my stone thrower, the flag will appear on the tile I tried to move it to for a second, but the unit won't move how many times I try. The only way it will move is if I automate it.

Also, I checked the updates on the SVN and noticed how SO posted a warning to remove the Pirate Civ. So is the Pirate Civ gone in the latest SVN? Because that would probably explain my game crashing on "Setup Players" because it has Pirates in it.

I don't dare update my svn because of all the problems being reported. My game seems to be going okay at present.
I have run into some weirdness with a newly founded civ. It was a barb city. A few turns ago I notice it had settled into a minor civ. I was attacking them with my army for a few turns (they had dozens of slingers in stacks around the city) when they suddenly became a real civ and I declared peace with them.
After the peace treaty they started either upgrading some of their units or producing new units I'm not sure which. But they were producing galleys!! No one else even has sedentary lifestyles yet and this barely formed civ is cranking out galleys. They are also cranking out several different UU's making their army vastly superior to anything anyone else can produce.
I also noticed their civics are a bit screwy. See picture:

EDIT: I checked out the weird civ in the world builder and found they had the sailing tech and mining tech (incredibly advanced for where we are in the game), along with a bunch of reasonable techs, but their city did not have the buildings/cultures that would have allowed them to build the galleys or the UU's.

Attachments

• Civics.jpg
    Civics.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 304
I don't dare update my svn because of all the problems being reported. My game seems to be going okay at present.
I have run into some weirdness with a newly founded civ. It was a barb city. A few turns ago I notice it had settled into a minor civ. I was attacking them with my army for a few turns (they had dozens of slingers in stacks around the city) when they suddenly became a real civ and I declared peace with them.
After the peace treaty they started either upgrading some of their units or producing new units I'm not sure which. But they were producing galleys!! No one else even has sedentary lifestyles yet and this barely formed civ is cranking out galleys. They are also cranking out several different UU's making their army vastly superior to anything anyone else can produce.
I also noticed their civics are a bit screwy. See picture:

EDIT: I checked out the weird civ in the world builder and found they had the sailing tech and mining tech (incredibly advanced for where we are in the game), along with a bunch of reasonable techs, but their city did not have the buildings/cultures that would have allowed them to build the galleys or the UU's.

I posted similar on one of the other C2C threads a few days ago. In games I've played (v 14, I don't have any SVN updates) where barbarian cities become minor civs, they get access to loads of unique units without the appropriate "embassy" wonder (including the alternate history units such as mammoth and bear riders, even if I built the wonders for those myself!) and are often way ahead, technologically speaking, of the civs that started the game normally.

Barbarians also seem to get access to loads of unique units whether they become minor civs or not - I recently had a barbarian city fling a stack of 6 musketeers (the French civ UU, as was in BTS) at one of my cities when I was still only able to build archers. Barbarian Gallic Warriors, Jaguars, Skirmishers, and mammoth/bear/bison/rhino rider units are commonplace. I also often get barbarian fast galleons attacking my naval units and blockading my cities when I am only able to build galleys. In all of these instances, I was ahead of my competitors in the tech race, so it wasn't that I was lagging behind. It certainly makes a game very challenging, but I don't know whether it's intended that all these unique and in some cases advanced units should be spawning.

Top Bottom