v36 Crime Patch

JosEPh_II

TBS WarLord
This Patch is for v36.

Changelog: Updates v36 Official release to SVN v 9352

<DELETED>
Just unzip/rar/7z the file and use this Full Mod Update to replace your old Caveman2Cosmos folder.
If 1st time user of Caveman2Cosmos just place entire folder into the same BtS/Mod Folder that contains Fall from Heaven and the other default BtS Mods.

I will supply current SVN Pre-v37 Full Mod "Patches" as Bug fixes and updates warrant.
EDIT: with release of v37 this thread is at it's end.

JosEPh :)

Last edited:
A 2nd Patch is in the works to finish some more work on Buildings that give or take away crime.

JosEPh

Joseph - It appears that your patch manages to disable the Domestic Adviser in-game. Neither F1 nor the UI button in the upper right corner will bring up the D.A. screen. Oddly enough, all of the other buttons and function keys work correctly - it's only the F1 key and the corresponding button which have been disabled. Help?

Joseph - It appears that your patch manages to disable the Domestic Adviser in-game. Neither F1 nor the UI button in the upper right corner will bring up the D.A. screen. Oddly enough, all of the other buttons and function keys work correctly - it's only the F1 key and the corresponding button which have been disabled. Help?

None of the xml changes to the set of Folders in the Patch even remotely deal with the Screens. This is, iirc, almost all Python related coding and not xml.

This is a known Bug in v36. It was fixed on the SVN but whomever fixed it did not provide a Patch for V36 Official Release users. Sorry.

JosEPh

Crime Patch 2 is now available for v36 Official release users. See 1st post.

JosEPh

Building Icehouse is lost

More details please. As no buildings were removed, only integer values tweaked.

And can anyone else confirm?

JosEPh

Building Icehouse is lost

Ice House Obsoletes at Refrigeration Tech and has a replacement building of Warehouse.

Icehouse is still in the game.

JosEPh

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0510.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0510.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 305
Missing Civic(Militia) icon in Civilopedia

Thanks.

This is just something that was missed in the v36 release. I'm not the graphic's modder and wouldn't know how to fix it anyway.

You can report it in the Non-SVN Bug Thread in the Bug and Crash sub forum though. :)

My focus for the Patch is the Crime Property and it's associated bldgs.

JosEPh

Yes, and Hydro_CIV4GameText for Icehouse text link

In Hydros' text did you have to build/make the "Text" lines? I did not find it in there when I did a search for it. So I was not sure Where it might be.

Text key issues are still rather foreign to me. Long time :old: player short time :help: modder (with limited skills :( ) so still learning.

Again Thank you. :hatsoff:
EDIT: I added a link in the OP to your updated Patch so it should see more hits.
JosEPh

You are welcome! :)
Text of Icehouse is absented in text file. I added this text in file end from original mod file.

In Hydros' text did you have to build/make the "Text" lines? I did not find it in there when I did a search for it. So I was not sure Where it might be.

Text key issues are still rather foreign to me. Long time :old: player short time :help: modder (with limited skills :( ) so still learning.

Again Thank you. :hatsoff:
EDIT: I added a link in the OP to your updated Patch so it should see more hits.
JosEPh
That's what grepwin is for. Search the assets folder for the TXT_KEY reference to find where it's located and/or called out for and if it's called for and not in the mod file, its either missing or its referring to a text file in either the Beyond the Sword base assets or the CivIV base assets. I often have to search those files to find the right references as well. But if all 3 check off as missing, the TXT reference probably isn't defined at all, in which case it's just a matter of adding it.

JosEPh
Since it was both in Buildings_CIV4GameText.xml and Hydro_CIV4GameText.xml I removed it from hydro not too long after v36 release; the one in hydro was the one being used by the building while the one in Buildings_CIV4GameText.xml was completely unused in v36.

Top Bottom